The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

NAS Whiting Field North by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

NAS Whiting Field North by MAIW

Post by btaylo24 »

Please use this thread to ask questions and provide constructive feedback about this package here ..

direct link

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=126112

T-34's aplenty!

edit (Sept 13 2008 ) updated AFCAD of Fort Worth Alliance (KAFW)

Barry
Attachments
MAIW_AF2_KAFW_DEFAULT.zip
(4.46 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Barry
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Guys great job on this having lived in the area for 4 yrs. I can now delete my lame FS2000 T-34 I was using. Works well with some TH-57's (stock FS B206) flying out of Whiting South.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by alexrfixit »

What a great package! Neat model, great repaints!! Thanks alot guys!!
Where did I put my beer??!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

If anyone wants it, I have paired this package down into what would be considered a "lite" version that only uses 12 of the repaints vs. 150+. This will save HD space as well as load the AI textures faster if you have a lesser system that chokes on large AI packages such as this one.

PM me if you would like the lite version details.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

I love this new T-34C with Nick's new pilot figures. However, it brings to mind a question. I noticed that the pilots don't have oxygen masks on, and some of the aircraft fly above 12,500 feet. At that altitude and above, I was under the impression that oxygen was required, even if not needed. Yes, No? I know Naval Aviators are tough, but they still have to follow reg's don't they?

Ron
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Ron I don't think they normally wear masks. None of the videos I've ever seen of them flying have them wearing masks. I would imagine they don't fly much above 10,000 ft.
-Mike G.

ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

That would be my guess as well, however, I followed a flight yesterday that had the a/c rise to 14,200 feet and stay there for most of a flight that was nearly 2 hours in duration. It is possible to remain consious at that altitude without ox, however, it might possibly lead to a slight degredation in attention to details, so not recommended. Never the less, I will happily live with this small detail without further comment, as I really love this model. Just wish it was available with only a single pilot, and that a paint kit would become available so that it could be converted to civilian uses.

Ron
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

ronniegj wrote:That would be my guess as well, however, I followed a flight yesterday that had the a/c rise to 14,200 feet and stay there for most of a flight that was nearly 2 hours in duration. It is possible to remain consious at that altitude without ox, however, it might possibly lead to a slight degredation in attention to details, so not recommended. Never the less, I will happily live with this small detail without further comment, as I really love this model. Just wish it was available with only a single pilot, and that a paint kit would become available so that it could be converted to civilian uses.

Ron
Ron, I can't speak to the paintkit but there's a solo aircraft model in the package.
--Chris
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Ron there may well be the chance of a paintkit, however putting a paintkit together for everyones use and uploading it is a pain, besides which we cant upload them to this site I would have to upload to Flightsim.com

You may be suprised in the future my friend.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Not too many civilian Turbine Mentors that I know of. Plenty of Continental powered T-34s out there though. Is that what you are looking for, the piston version??
-Mike G.

ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

I was just thinking of the near future, when T-34C's will be replaced by T-6II's and the T-34C's find there way into the civilian warbird market. etc. Personally not looking for anything for myself ATT.

Ron
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I know many of the Navy Flying Clubs had a few T-34A/B's for rent. Never got a chance to fly one at KNIP prior to all the wing spar issues. Would be nice to get my hands on a T-34C/T-37 in the future.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
topbuns
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

NO AI TRAFFIC?

Post by topbuns »

The other dayI downloaded both of your MAIW files for Lemoore and Whiting North.

Unfortunately, I am unable to get any AI traffic at these airports. I have my "Traffic" cranked up to 100%, but nothing shows up.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled both files to no avail.

The traffic .bgl shows up in Scenery/World/Scenery. (I even used TTools to ensure the aircraft/airports/flight plans were in place.)

I can get static ground vehicles, but no aircraft show up. (I do see some "static" T-34's at KNTU, but nowhere else {especially @ KNLC}.)

I'm probably doing something wrong. :oops: If so, please set me straight.

Thank you,

Jerry Long
topbuns1@hotmail.com
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Re: NO AI TRAFFIC?

Post by SMOC »

topbuns wrote:The other dayI downloaded both of your MAIW files for Lemoore and Whiting North.

Unfortunately, I am unable to get any AI traffic at these airports. I have my "Traffic" cranked up to 100%, but nothing shows up.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled both files to no avail.

The traffic .bgl shows up in Scenery/World/Scenery. (I even used TTools to ensure the aircraft/airports/flight plans were in place.)

I can get static ground vehicles, but no aircraft show up. (I do see some "static" T-34's at KNTU, but nowhere else {especially @ KNLC}.)

I'm probably doing something wrong. :oops: If so, please set me straight.

Thank you,

Jerry Long
topbuns1@hotmail.com
FS9 or FSX?
--Chris
topbuns
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

USING FS9

Post by topbuns »

Sorry. I forgot to indicate that I'm using FS9.

topbuns
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

guys here is an updated version of our Fort Worth Alliance AFCAD that was included in this package, this adds a bit more parking to accomdate future packages.
Attachments
MAIW_AF2_KAFW_DEFAULT.zip
(4.46 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
MADDmandy
Cadet
Cadet

NAS Whiting Field North

Post by MADDmandy »

First and fore-most Thank you to all involved in creating NAS Whiting S.
I was woundering if anyone is working on the north end of NAS Whiting as I enjoy helo flight and would love to see more AI helos in FSX.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

We appreciate your thanks.

At this time nobody is working on an extention to Whiting Field purely as there is no multi-LOD Bell 206 for AI purposes at the moment, or at least not that we know about.
If one was to become available, there would be an opportunity, but its not possible at present.
Steve