The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

1-130th Attack Helicopter Battalion package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Well my guess would be that the SpecialWorldTexture.zip earlier in the thread hasn't been installed, or in the right place.

Can you confirm that this has been done?
Steve
Trevytt2004
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Firebird,

Yep, that was it, i installed that and all was fine....now to start to reinstall all the packages one by one
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Glad to have helped.
Steve
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Guys, outstanding job! Real world helicopter guy and this is still cool to watch!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
starlifterfan
Captain
Captain

Apache

Post by starlifterfan »

Just when you think MAIW has brought out a fantastic package.......BAM here comes another one!!!.Great job to all who made this package possible,I must say that if there were an Oscar award for great performances for Military Flight simulation this website and the awesome contributors would clean house because nobody comes even close....and the award goes to.........MAIW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Avsim does awards every year, we got nominated last year (thanks Kevin) but did not win an award.

There's always this year. :wink:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

I'm going to nominate any and all helo's that come out of this group next time.
This really has to be one of the more anticipated breakthroughs in AI modelling since FS9 came out.
Great job Nick and Mike.

Great job everyone.
Kevin Jarvis

flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

Outstanding work! I am indeed very satisfied with this new addition. This will change my focus on where I fly and what I fly now. Thank you!
Lenop
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Lenop »

hi all. First a big thanks to the dev's for this cool package! I have a problem thought: the heli's show up on the platform, but they just won't take off; the just sit there.

Installed the package with the scnery that comes with it. I have the default KRDU scenery. I deleted the AF2 files from addon scenery/scenery. Left the two AF2 files for KRDU en 1RDU in the KRDU scenery. (addoon scenery/KRDU/scenery)

Tried different times for the sim, even 4x time accelaration.

What have I done wrong??

Thanks,
Lennart
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

@Lenop I would decompile the traffic with TTools and then recompile it and look at the flightplans to see when the flights are. With a random start time you could sit for an hour or so waiting. :D Also remember the times in the flightplans are GMT so have to be adjusted for where you are. Also, notice the days of the week as these are weekly flightplans.

If thats still not clear, PM me and I'll walk you through it. :)
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi lenop,
Could I just confirm that you have the package installed in FS9. I have heard similar situations after being installed in FSX, as the traffic bgl needs to be converted for FSX operation.

If it is installed in FS9 then what I would suggest is installing a tool that can show you flight schedules. I personally use Peter van der Veen's Aircraft Analyzer 2005 from http://aifs.pvdveen.net/. It can do so much more, but its schedule tool is very flexible. I would also recommend Don Grovestine's AIFP program, AI Flight Planner, from Avsim.
Steve
Lenop
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Lenop »

aerogator wrote:@Lenop I would decompile the traffic with TTools and then recompile it and look at the flightplans to see when the flights are. With a random start time you could sit for an hour or so waiting. :D Also remember the times in the flightplans are GMT so have to be adjusted for where you are. Also, notice the days of the week as these are weekly flightplans.

If thats still not clear, PM me and I'll walk you through it. :)
@Jake,
Thanks, will try that tonight!
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

a new version of this package correcting the missing texture error has been upload and should be avaliable sometime within the next couple of hours at avsim, keep an eye out :wink:

direct link to new version:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=128228
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I am just getting around to installing this package and I have a question.

In the read me it says you can use this with payware KRDU scenery by Blueprint Simulations. Now I have the freeware KRDU scenery that was released back in 2006. Can I use that scenery with this package?

The scenery I am asking about is on avsim and the file name is krdu2010v11fs9.zip and was made by Ignacio Villegas.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

One more thing. The freeware scenery doesn't have the air national guard part of the airport. Is there a way to add the scenery that came with this MAIW package to the freeware scenery that I have?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Joseph, normally a package will fit either the default scenery or a custom built scenery, there can be problems with permissions for third party scenery.

Now the addon is normally going to work quite well with default scenery, as there is likely to be very little scenery to interfere with. I use the addon with default.
You can always use the addon but it may not work as well as intended, as it was not designed for that. The short answer is try it. It might be ok, it might not. We never tried it so we don't know.
Steve
swimeye
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by swimeye »

Hi Joseph.

I am using that addon you are talking about together with the package from MAIW and it works fine. Since the addon does not have the air national guard afcad i just disabled the MAIW default KRDU and left the afcad from the KRDU addon, the final result is that they blend fine togehter in the sim.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Ok I added the John Stinstrom scenery to the KRDU scenery (krdu2010v11fs9.zip) and its working pretty good. I deleted the Raleigh-Durham Landclass.bgl file from Johns' scenery since the scenery I have already has a landclass file. And I am using the MAIW_AF2_1RDU_Custom.bgl AFCAD from Johns' scenry together with the AFCAD that came with the KRDU scenery.

I haven't seen any problems with that setup so far. The only small problem is other military planes that visit KRDU will not park at the military part of the airport because the AFCAD for the military is AF2_1RDU instead of AF2_KDRU.
swimeye
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by swimeye »

Another topic, I read about the landclass file that Joseph deleted and it struck me that: Could this scenery suffer from the same problem as the Luke AFB package, that is: If a landclass file is in the scenery folder it can cause a memory leak?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The short answer is yes it should. The question is whether it will cause it at the same rate, or quicker or lower.

Please remember that we have had landclass files in our scenery before and not had any reports of problems.It appears that it will cause problems if you stay there for any length of time.
We are close to dealing with this for the future, but if you are worried about this case you can take one of the steps identified as fixes in the Luke AFB thread. It can't do any harm.
Steve