The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Eglin AFB package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Eglin AFB package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please use this thread to post questions and constructive feedback about this package here.

direct link:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=128229
roellodder

Post by roellodder »

Hi Des,
I have a question about the Eglin AFB package.
While taxiing from combat platform 110, to the runway
I tried to call the tower for take-off. It did'nt work!
Any suggestions?
Roel
the Netherlands
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Are you close enough to the runway? There's a minimum distance you need to be in order to get the option to call the tower.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
mr.bean
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by mr.bean »

Thanks for releasing this package guys. Now I have more AI traffic close to my house. Only 3 more bases in the panhandle to go, Keep it up!!! BE advised there is a typo in the Eglin description. It's 33d FW not 58th FW. 58 FS is under command of the 33d.
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

roellodder wrote:Hi Des,
Any suggestions?
Roel
the Netherlands
Think this is because there is no "Tower" frequency in the KVPS AFCAD.

Don't know if this is an oversight or whether there is a good reason for it?

Correction - I had two AFCADs for KVPS on my system - removed the rogue one and all is OK now!
Where did I put my beer??!
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

Hi Des,
Any suggestions?
Roel

I had the same problem the first time I tried to fly from Eglin Rwy30. after multiple checks on the AFCAD I could find nothing wrong with it and so tried again. Second time round it worked fine :!: :!:
Drake
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Drake »

Many thanks! Been waiting on a Eglin package since forever!
flyboy
Major
Major

Post by flyboy »

Don't forget that Eglin is also known as Okaloosa Regional Airport and is shared and serviced by five carriers: USAir Express, Continental, Delta Connection, Comair and Northwest Airlines."

From their site:

Okaloosa County Airport, although only a regional domestic airport, is one of the busiest in the United States. The reason for this is that it shares space with the US Air Force's Eglin airbase (the site for USAF Air Armament Center which tests smart bombs and other high-tech weaponry), which has annual operations estimated at 500,000, ranging from high-performance fighter aircraft and turboprop and jet airliners to low-speed heavy cargo aircraft.

Reason I brought this up is there is no commerical parking in the AFCAD provided...
Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
flyboy
Major
Major

Post by flyboy »

Stand corrected....was looking at an older AFCAD. Flew into KBHM around 330AM this morning....need some more coffee.... :oops:
Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
starlifterfan
Captain
Captain

Eglin AFB

Post by starlifterfan »

After installing this awesome package I decided to do some TNG's at Eglin in my F-22 only to taxi out with a NWA DC-9,...if anyone is interested just go to flightaware.com and type in KVPS and you will see the amount of commercial traffic that this place has,...again thank you for a great package.
mr.bean
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Eglin AFB

Post by mr.bean »

starlifterfan wrote:if anyone is interested just go to flightaware.com and type in KVPS and you will see the amount of commercial traffic that this place has.
Yeah, and there's lots more traffic coming. Right now there's an apron extension going on, and a cargo facility being built so I might see Fedex, UPS, and other cargo carriers land at Eglin. WOOHOO!!! :D
Drake
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Drake »

Sad thing is The Okaloosa Regional Airport or whatever they're deciding to call it this week, has never been modeled. I remember someone making an addon for FS95 but that's the last one I ever saw.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

that's the problem with all of these small airports. If there were pictures available...
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
rcrc
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by rcrc »

great job on this one MAIW! Bc VPS isn't very busy with traffic and it's location I've found myself doing lots and lots of tng's here. This is just a fun spot. Thanks guys!
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

mr.bean wrote:
starlifterfan wrote:if anyone is interested just go to flightaware.com and type in KVPS and you will see the amount of commercial traffic that this place has.
Yeah, and there's lots more traffic coming. Right now there's an apron extension going on, and a cargo facility being built so I might see Fedex, UPS, and other cargo carriers land at Eglin. WOOHOO!!! :D
Does anyone have any details of the apron extension and cargo facility?

I've modified the AFX for Eglin by Jim Cook according to GE for the civilian apron and added all the military parking to match MAIW's AFCAD, but there's so much civilian traffic I find ERJs, CRJs, DC9 and MD80s parked in the military aprons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

CelticWarrior wrote:I've modified the AFX for Eglin by Jim Cook according to GE for the civilian apron and added all the military parking to match MAIW's AFCAD, but there's so much civilian traffic I find ERJs, CRJs, DC9 and MD80s parked in the military aprons
I have exactly the opposite situation in my sim - practically no civilian traffic yet all sorts of military traffic. Hmmm.

But I don't use Jim Cook's afcad, just one I've modified from the MAIW one.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

[quote="Ford Friendly"] I have exactly the opposite situation in my sim - practically no civilian traffic yet all sorts of military traffic. Hmmm.
[quote]

Do you have all the WoAI packages installed? I thought I might have duplicate packages, but I checked them all and there don't seem to be any replication to cause so much civvy traffic.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

I have lots and lots of WoAI packages, maybe not all of them, but definitely all of the US-domestic ones. And I see domestic carriers that have spaces at the Eglin civilian terminal - - DAL, DALX, COA, etc. -elsewhere - like JFK, DFW, KMSY, etc.... Shrug. This is why I always refer to "my installation". Some things just happen and differences occur.

Are you running FSX or FS9... wait, you said Jim Cook's afcad so I guess you're running FSX. Hmmm. I'm tempted to send you my afcad to try but I don't think it works well with Jim Cook's object placements.
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

Here're are a few pics of that Eglin base rework/area relandclassing project I think I mentioned doing before. It shows the wealth of my military traffic here - both MAIW and self-made.

Main Parking ramp

F-15 parking area

An unlabelled parkign area behind the main parking ramp

and the dearth of civilian traffic

Here's a pic of the WIP afcad I am using.

The objects are from various bgls strewn all over my hard drive/various scenery packages - all made by someone else, including default FSX and FS9 items.

I definitely don't get this kind of traffic with any other afcad I've used. And I had to make sure that all the parking spots were FSX-compliant/sized not FS9-sized wingspan-wise.

Feel free to pm me about anything specific.
mr.bean
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by mr.bean »

FF the unlabled parking area you're talking about is the 9th SOS additional parking ramp, and is also a parking ramp for a/c who are doing climatic testing.
P.S. To all members I forgot to add this. They're also adding hangars for public use next to the terminal, and a fuel farm.