The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

French Mirage F1 package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

MIKE JG wrote:
Bora wrote:Just a question about the scenery, at Colmar I see some hangars and buildings but at Reims I don't see any hangars or shelters, just some parked airbase vehicles and equipment, is that correct or am I missing something ?
Bora check for these things as well.

1) Make sure that the MAIW Scenery Library Objects folder is as far down your addon scenery list as possible. Ideally it should be the lowest of any of your addon scenery files.

2) Check for any afcad files for Colmar. This package uses AFX to build afcad files for the bases and those files are contained within the MAIW French Airbase scenery folder. If you have any scenery for Colmar, for example an afcad file in your addon scenery/scenery folder, located in a higher priority than the MAIW French Airbase scenery folder, the objects at Colmar may not show.
And, as we found out in Beta testing, AF2 AFCADs cancel out AFX AFCADs so please remove any AF2 AFCADs for this base you may have installed.

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
opaplano
Cadet
Cadet

Post by opaplano »

Firebird wrote:Hi David,
I do remember from the early days of bets testing that there was, or planned to have ,but I will have to admit that I can't remember anything further than that.
I shall have to let Nick supply the definitive answer.
Thanks for the prompt reply.

The specific texture that I was referring to is named NBAI_Brake_Chute.bmp and it gets added to the main texture folder.

That is what prompted my question.

I shall look forward to Nick's answer.
David "Opa" Marshall
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by nickblack423 »

Dave,

There is indeed a Chuted model in there, in fact there are 2, but they wont be seen very often, you'll have to look for them. I can tell you there is a group of aircraft that leave Reims for RAF Leeming, and they all have brake chutes.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
Bora

Post by Bora »

@ John & Steve:
Have installed all previous released packages. Both “MAIW French AB Scenery” and “MAIW Scenery Library Objects” have been installed and have been activated !

@ Mike:
1) “MAIW Scenery Library Objects” is where it should be, have no problems with previous released scenery... Hangars at Colmar are showing alright (should there be hardened shelters at Colmar as well ?). It's Reims that doesn't show the hangars and hardened shelters.

2) Before installing I deleted my own Reims Afcad...

Cannot check anything right now since I am not at home... Will check tomorrow evening if there are more Reims Afcad files that I did not delete and report back !
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Maybe run an afcad file scanner and see if there's one still hidden in there. Since you are missing scenery at only one base, I would bet that's the problem.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Bora,
The only other thing that I can think of at the moment is that there is some FS2002 scenery for LFSR, which I had installed. My guess is that you have already checked for this but I think its worth me mentioning it anyway.
Steve
opaplano
Cadet
Cadet

Post by opaplano »

nickblack423 wrote:Dave,

There is indeed a Chuted model in there, in fact there are 2, but they wont be seen very often, you'll have to look for them. I can tell you there is a group of aircraft that leave Reims for RAF Leeming, and they all have brake chutes.

Nick
Thanks Nick - Guess I have just been watching for it in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Back to "bird watching".
David "Opa" Marshall
swimeye
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by swimeye »

Hello! First of all thanks for an awesome package and a superb new model. I am very fond of the Mirage f1 and now it is available as AI also. :D
I do have a small problem though. My landclass for LFSR looks a bit strange: Image

It looks like an industrial landclass? I have UT terrain europe installed, have checked for multiple Afcads and all folders installed. Any clues to what causes this?

Thanks again for another great job.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Same problem with UT.....
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

We can probably make a background Poly to correct this can't we Mike?

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Yes but this is one of those things where if I don't have UT Europe, which I don't, there's no way to know what the background poly texture will look like. So it will be trial and error.

Let me do some research and see which set of texture files that background poly is using. Then I can have users of UT Europe find those files and maybe we can find a more appropriate one for them to use.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
swimeye
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by swimeye »

Hi!

Thanks for your support on this matter. I am happy to provide you with any help needed for this fix. At least within my limited knowledge of how things like this works.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hmmm, very strange. I do have UT Europe and there is no industrial background for me. Maybe this is a layering issue.
Steve
swimeye
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by swimeye »

Ok. I have my UT addons very low. And the MAIW addons above them. Usually that works. FIrebird: Do you have the feature for adding industrial landclass activated in UT?
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

swimeye wrote:Ok. I have my UT addons very low. And the MAIW addons above them. Usually that works. FIrebird: Do you have the feature for adding industrial landclass activated in UT?
It's the same for me.UT at the lowest level, just above the default sceneries, and Industrial landcless activated.
On my laptop, I don't have UT and all it's fine.

Cheers
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Guys, I do have Industrial landclass activated but I have my UT scenery high up my list, above my MAIW stuff.
Steve
swimeye
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by swimeye »

interesting. i will try and move the maiw addon below UT then.

EDIT: Ok. tried doing that but it did not make any difference in my setup.
Bora

Post by Bora »

Problem with missing hangars and hardened shelters at Reims is solved ! Also Colmar is showing the hardened shelters now...

The entry for "MAIW Scenery Library Objects" in the scenery.cfg had disappeared... :?

Thanks for the suggestions and for this great package ! 8)
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Thats good news, Bora. Just Phantom54 to confirm that his problem is sorted or not now.
Steve
Phantom54
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Phantom54 »

The shelters are showing now but I think I'm still missing some of the textures: