The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Tinker AFB - Boeing E-6B Mercury package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Glad you got it worked out. I love installers for my GA and Commercial traffic...Mil AI is all done by hand, though :) Very few of us who do that, though (relatively speaking).
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

BadPvtDan wrote:Glad you got it worked out. I love installers for my GA and Commercial traffic...Mil AI is all done by hand, though :) Very few of us who do that, though (relatively speaking).
I work much the same, Usually I run the installer to a temp folder rather than the sim directories. I like to see what I am loading. Also sometimes an auto installer will stick in something like FSUIPC and screw up your registered version. Ditto for some gauge files. If it all looks OK, I will sometimes use the autoinstaller after I have checked it out.
GZR_SACTARGETS
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Yeah, I should qualify WHICH installers I use :) WOAI, PAI..and this is bad of me but who does the big GA packages? Do they do installers? I can't remember...ah well, sorry to hijack...
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain

Post by CrazyDunc »

Ultimate GA do some big GA ai packs, not in installer though i dont think.
Regards,
Dunc
P3_Super_Bee
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by P3_Super_Bee »

Speaking of the E-6B, there's one sitting here at KBay. Here for missions, because they have it all roped off and spot lighted at night.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

Jeff

Cool...Can u take any pictures of it?
Whats the serial?

Barry
f14driver

Post by f14driver »

in regard to the woa cfg file, it does nothing for the AI setup but contains the needed information for the installer so it knows which package is installed.

The error you've described above has to do with the afcad that is in the installer package.
It seems to miss the AF2_ part in the afcad name for some reason ( You are the first to report the problem).
Try to rename the file to AF2_MAIW_KTIK_DEFAULT_CP.bgl and see if you can open it with afcad then.
Last edited by f14driver on 30 Nov 2006, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
P3_Super_Bee
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by P3_Super_Bee »

btaylo24 wrote:Jeff

Cool...Can u take any pictures of it?
Whats the serial?

Barry
Will try, not sure what there security regs are when they are in mission posture. If they were just passing through definate no problem. Will get the tail number tomorrow.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

I have just installed the package fresh from AVSIM and the AFCAD is called MAIW_KTIK_DEFAULT_CP.BGL

This is the correct name for the Tinker AFCAD

I did a manual and automatic install and had no errors

This is as it should be, dont know why u are getting problems?

Cheers

Barry
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

Seems like AF2_MAIW_KTIK_DEFAULT_CP.BGL is much more standard name for an AFCAD2 file, even if MAIW_KTIK_DEFAULT_CP.BGL works ...
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

The MAIW standard is...........

MAIW_AF2_XXXX_DEFAULT.BGL

I just missed the AF2 off, but starts MAIW

Barry
f14driver

Post by f14driver »

In order to be able to modify an afcad it should always start with a AF2_ prefix.
Without the prefix they won't be recognised as Afcad file.

Keep in mind that the WoA installer for Afcads is only a file placement utility, so if the file is called MAIW_XXXX it will install it but not recognise it as an afcad file
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Hmmm..I modify them all the time with that prefix! I wonder if I am working around something and am not recognizing that I am because I am so familiar with afcad....does that make sense?
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

Thanks Guys, Something else must be interfering with the automatic install. I am really at a loss as to what else to do. I have a fresh install of the installer and the MS file as I said. But as long as I can get it to work manually, I am content. Something has changed because I was able to use the Autoinstaller with OSAN. Now that causes the same error message. I really appreciate all the help!!
GZR_SACTARGETS
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

I have had a couple of installer problems in th epast...I think most recently with the FedEx package. I think each time has been an issue with the aircraft.cfg becoming...'corrupt' in some way? I am not sur eif that's a good way to describe it. Either way, I had to fix something there and then things worked!
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

Does not need to start with AF2 to be able to change it.

Cheers

Barry
Bora

Post by Bora »

Just had a look at the flightplans from your Tinker package, did not have time for that earlier... Not sure what actually happens but this flight does not look right to me:

AC#2,162783,10%,1Hr,IFR,00:54:59,TNG01:30:00,070,F,0083,KTIK,01:39:59,01:54:59,070,F,0083,KTIK

It has a one hour interval doing touch and go's at KTIK and the flight itself also lasts one hour... Will it ever sit on the ramp at all ??

Another flight has a two hour interval, does this mean that there are two E-6B's doing touch and go's at KTIK 24 hours a day 7 days a week ? Why not just get rid of these hourly intervals and use weekly flightplans only ? It's just a little more work and much more realistic to have some hours which are less busy with traffic...
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

I like to have some traffic moving around at the base. I dont like going to a airbase in FS and nothing is happening..So I have a few planes moving around, just doing TNG etc etc...Eye candy I call it...

It does not cause any trouble and people who know how to are welcome to change/delete them on their own set-up... If I wrote plans for every single persons preference then nothing would get done...

Its common at a large base to see something doing local circuits, at any time.

Cheers
Barry
Bora

Post by Bora »

Sorry Barry, I disagree, it's not common at all to see something going on at any time... Every place has it's quite hours !

And I don't believe it's a single person's preference to see weekly flightplans only either, but I wil leave that up to your own judgement.

I was just giving some comments which might help to improve future packages.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

Thanks for your comments. I will have a "think" about it for future plans.

cheers
Barry