The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Luke AFB package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Luke AFB package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please use this thread to post questions and to provide constructive feedback about this package here

direct link:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=130728
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

I think I am missing textures for the fencing at the Luke Air Force base scenery. I say I think I'm missing textures because I'm not sure if it's supposed to look like chain link fencing or a solid greyish wall. (The fence in my scenery looks like a solid grey wall)
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Joseph29 wrote:I think I am missing textures for the fencing at the Luke Air Force base scenery. I say I think I'm missing textures because I'm not sure if it's supposed to look like chain link fencing or a solid greyish wall. (The fence in my scenery looks like a solid grey wall)
Hi Joseph,

To answer your question it is a solid wall.

Mark
Mark
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

actually guys, it should be a chain link fence, as anyone else getting this?
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Luke

Post by lewis »

It is a chain link fence. Tried to post a screanie but could'nt, so, you can take my word on this.[/img]
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

campbeme wrote:
Joseph29 wrote:I think I am missing textures for the fencing at the Luke Air Force base scenery. I say I think I'm missing textures because I'm not sure if it's supposed to look like chain link fencing or a solid greyish wall. (The fence in my scenery looks like a solid grey wall)
Hi Joseph,

To answer your question it is a solid wall.

Mark
Looks like I gave you a bad answer Joseph.

Des,

I have the same solid wall on my set up too. I really thought it was a wall.

Mark
Mark
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

There are two textures missing from the beta scenery.
I have attached them here. See if these cure your problems.
Attachments
Luke Fence.zip
(18.83 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Steve
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

OK Steve,

Thats fixed it.

Before

After

Joseph,

Just add the two files into your Texture folder within the MAIW Luke AFB (KLUF) folder.

Mark :)
Mark
trafalgar11111
Cadet
Cadet

Out of Memory Error

Post by trafalgar11111 »

A new one to me after fifty or more packages including D.I.Y.
1/ I sit at KLUF & wait.
2/ Everything looks fine.
3/ Slowly over the course of an hour or two the sim uses up all available memory until :- RAM 100% is reached. THEN:
4/ Your Computer has no more Memory error message occurs.
5/ The FS send Error? screen says FE.dll
:? :roll: :?: :(
This One is beyond Me.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

FSX or FS9?
Happen anywhere else? What are you using to watch?
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
trafalgar11111
Cadet
Cadet

Out of Memory Error

Post by trafalgar11111 »

1/ FS9 of 36.3 GB size.
2/ Years worth of debugging since FS5
3/ No where else. Hence its the first O.O.M. i've had since my C-64 in 1989.
4/ Dual Core Chip, 2Gb RAM, ATI Radeon X1550.
:?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have had the 100% of memory issue, or no available memory issue pop up quite often.
The two main causes that I have found are the following:-
1. The 'puter has been running for several days and over time the memory gets fragmented and you need a stop/start to clear the problem out.
2. I quite often get memory issues when I use a specific text editor for a long period of time, i.e. its open and multiple docs are opened and closed. Weird things start to happen like new windows either don't open or don't open as you expect them to and apps that use a large amount of memory don't open at all. The particular editor is UltraEdit-32.

Now it sounds to me like there is something running that has a memory leak problem or causing a memory fragmentation problem.

I think my first action would be to determine whether Luke is the only place that this occurs, or whether it happens elsewhere in the same time frame.
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Thanks for that, Ford.

I do use a proggy that does a similar job. I found that on my particular system that Freeram XP caused numerous issues for me, so I had to remove it.
I am not saying that its not a good proggy or that it is doesn't work, purely that it didn't agree with my system.
Steve
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Same problem of Trafalgar....
Didn't wait until 100% RAM used, but after an hour FS9 slow down, reload texture, and I must restart the sim.
Both on my desktop and notebook.
Bye
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Out of Memory Error

Post by Ford Friendly »

trafalgar11111 wrote:A new one to me after fifty or more packages including D.I.Y.
1/ I sit at KLUF & wait.
2/ Everything looks fine.
3/ Slowly over the course of an hour or two the sim uses up all available memory until :- RAM 100% is reached. THEN:
4/ Your Computer has no more Memory error message occurs.
5/ The FS send Error? screen says FE.dll
:? :roll: :?: :(
This One is beyond Me.
Sounds like you have a problem which isn't unique, but definitely is troublesome to fix. A Yahoo search returns "only" 2140 responses when searching for "fe.dll fs2004" but some of the responses, like the following, may help you out.
http://tonymadgehjg.proboards98.com/ind ... ge=1#15976

I've never heard of fe.dll before but it seems this was one of the files changed by the 9.1 update.

Other than that, I can only wish you luck while you grab a beer and sandwich, pull up a comfy chair and start reading.

Edited to add: Another response to that search elicited the following:
fe.dll is the dll that is used for drawing textures. The most common cause of a CTD with the dll involved, is from a bad / corrupted texture.

Two suggested solutions seem relevant.
1. Delete the default and/or most recent flight, restart FS9. This would work if something in the default flight file has been corrupted and/or there's a reference to "an offending texture". (Obviously, the most recent flight might be referencing "an offending texture" due to a recent install. Not sure why the default flight solution would work unless the default flight is the same as the most recent flight.)
2. Delete the most recent addon(s) you've installed 1 by 1 until the error no longer gets reported and you get no CTDs. That will identify the location of the offending texture. Tedious, but possible.
evvtsa
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by evvtsa »

I must be sick because I tried the same thing. I have the LUF package installed and set up a flight on the ramp and just let it sit there. I checked back in an hour and got the same error.
I'm running FS9 updated with the patch on a system with XP. No problems before. After I initially installed the LUF package I flew around the area to check and make sure everything installed OK. I installed the texture fix for the fences and everything seemed fine, but if I let the aircraft sit on the ramp for a long period of time then I got this error. I just uninstalled the package and am going to see if this takes care of it.
evvtsa
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by evvtsa »

Well I uninstalled everything from the Luke package except the voicepack mods. I started FS9 backup and sat at Yuma this time ( I have the Yuma Harriers package with the airstation scenery installed) and let it sit. After an hour I don't have any errors yet.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK well it seems that we may have an issue here.

So I guess that we need to narrow down the cause. Can the guys that have the problem disable the Luke scenery, but please make sure that the necessary afcad (MAIW_AF2_KLUF_CUSTOM.bgl) is copied to an active directory and then check to see if the same problem occurs at Luke.

The purpose of this is to try and narrow down the cause to the scenery or eliminate it as the cause.

Please ensure that once your testing is complete and you reactivate the Luke scenery, that you remove the afcad copy.
Steve
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by petebramley »

Have found the same problem on my installation also. will investigate further tomorrow.

System details:

CPU: q6850 @ 3.00GHZ
RAM: 4GB
VIDEO: NV GF 8800GTX
FSver: 9.1 total space 39.8gb
Addon sceneries 400+
Traffic files 700 ish
All MAIW/WOAI

Regards
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

I parked at Luke overnight. Here is what I found. I did not get a CTD or OOM error. This morning I woke up to the aircraft selection screen.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."