The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Luke AFB package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
eli
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by eli »

Yes, it does have that feature but I must admit that I have not verified if indeed it does what it implies. Will get back to you on that.
eli
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by eli »

Mike:

Sorry it took me so long but I checked out the push back option in AFX and it does not prevent pushing back. Too bad.

What's the trick then that does not involve so many nodes?
Jumpshot724
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Joe,

I might have found the root of the problem, not sure yet, but just wanted to let you know the someone is looking into it.
Sounds good, thanks Mike :wink:
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

The trick is to leave the spots un-connected from the apron route that would let them taxi to the closest taxiway.

In the two images of the afcad file, note how everything looks normal in the first one. However when I pull that apron link away, you can see that it's simply resting overtop of the other nodes and not actually connected to the parking spots themselves. The nice thing is that in game, the resulting taxi lines look nearly identical to ones that are connected to each other. If you have a keen eye, you can actually spot this kind of taxi route breakage in game just by looking at the taxi lines themselves. However this will not work so well for a 90* type of taxi connection. By angling the taxi lines, it hides the fact that they are not connected.
Attachments
fsscr001.jpg
fsscr001.jpg (90.13 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
fsscr000.jpg
fsscr000.jpg (94.82 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
russell
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Luke AFB package by MAIW

Post by russell »

Fairly new to this, so bear with me...
I installed the Luke AFB file, but have no AI aircraft. I did the same with Davis Monthan AFB, Hickam AFB and Kaneohe MCBH and all of these seem to work properly, the aircraft are all showing up. I also have a couple of dozen commercial airlines AI traffic files and they work fine. My AI traffic density is at 90%. My computer is running on XP SP3, 4MB RAM Quad Core, and 3.0 GHz.
Any assistance is appreciated.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

russell wrote:Fairly new to this, so bear with me... computer is running on XP SP3, 4MB RAM Quad Core, and 3.0 GHz.
..and you are running FS9?
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

If you are running FS9, check to see if you have duplicate afcad files for Luke AFB (KLUF).

Also make sure you have activated the Luke scenery as I believe that afcad is inside the Luke scenery folder.
-Mike G.

russell
Cadet
Cadet

Post by russell »

Yes, I am using FS9. I have checked the Luke scenery folder, there are 26 bgl files, none are duplicates. I'm not sure what is meant by activating the Luke scenery? Is there smoething unique about this Luke AFB file that is not common with the other MAIW files? I haven't any issues with any other the others that I have downloaded?
Thanks
russell
Cadet
Cadet

Post by russell »

I've looked through the FS9 Folders, I have found both the texture folders, and aircraft folders for Luke AFB in the same place as the Yuma MCAS folders. I downloaded these files within minutes of each other so that is why I compared the two files. It appears that I only have the default scenery?

Thanks again in advance...
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Hi Russell,

Can I ask if you have read the install readme regarding activating scenery?

Mark :D
Mark
russell
Cadet
Cadet

Post by russell »

I finally got it sorted out. I am not sure what the issue was, but after uninstalling, deleting and downloading again, it appears to be working fine now.
Thanks for the help...
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

For those trying to keep up with the ever changing retirement/movement of airframes in the sim, the 61st FS "Top Dogs" were inactivated in Aug.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

It's hard to keep up these days, that's for sure. I'm still waiting for the dust to settle at Nellis to be able to update some of those paints.
-Mike G.

WB383
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by WB383 »

Love luke afb, MAIW did an awesome job, I happen to live in glendale, AZ and been to luke a couple of times so I can personally say you guys did a nice job creating it in the sim, I was just curious about one thing tho, I noticed that some of the 21fs Gamblers go to KLAS, In the real world do fighters from anywhere go to McCaren intl, if they do does anyone know why? I mean why dnt they jus go to Nellis?

-Wil-
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

WB383 wrote:Love luke afb, MAIW did an awesome job, I happen to live in glendale, AZ and been to luke a couple of times so I can personally say you guys did a nice job creating it in the sim, I was just curious about one thing tho, I noticed that some of the 21fs Gamblers go to KLAS, In the real world do fighters from anywhere go to McCaren intl, if they do does anyone know why? I mean why dnt they jus go to Nellis?

In short yes, the military flies into KLAS as well as KLSV, but pictures are worth more than words :wink: :
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... humbnails=
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

The USAF is normally more strict on where they can go for fuel. One has to get permission to fly into LSV, and they may not have billeting or ramp space, so for a quick gas-n-go, most will hit a larger civilian ramp where gas is easy to get, and grab a burger, and not deal with the "red-line police".
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
WB383
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by WB383 »

Ahhhhh I see, Hmh nice to know :wink:

-Wil-
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Had some T-38 studs from Vance sharing the ramp with us the other day down in Charleston SC. Even though that's a joint use military/civilian airfield, they still parked on the GA side and went into town for some lunch. I know this because we wanted to get lunch as well and had to wait on them to bring the crew car back! :smt003
-Mike G.

Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

We (Army) have a local flying area that allows us to go just about anywhere within that area that has gas, but helicopters really don't have the range. The coolest one would be the Dallas Vertiport located downtown, I also hit KDWH in NW Houston alot for gas/lunch.

USAF AETC units have set destinations they are allowed for x-country flights. I hope MIKE JG you wrote down the T-38 tail#'s to maintain MAIW package accuracy :wink:
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
LEBTowerGuy

Post by LEBTowerGuy »

I remember when I was living in New Orleans, our base (and many others near the Gulf Coast) would empty out as everyone flew to New Iberia for BBQ lunch on Wednesdays.