The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Italian Air Force Tornado Package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Italian Air Force Tornado Package by MAIW

Post by reconmercs »

please post feedback and questions concerning this package here.
gkeeley
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by gkeeley »

Hi Guys
Thanks another great package
I did a manual install and have telegraph poles on the apron at LIBV.
I put the exclude files in the same folder as the the AFCAD files, is this correct. Apart from that......Brilliant.
Cheers
Gary
Dave YVR ATC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Dave YVR ATC »

Awesome job, thanks a ton guys ! I cant wait for the next next and next series of releases. I too have seen some autogen trees and buildings in the middle of the apron at one of the bases but I was just spotting at the time so will get back to you on where I saw it..
Again great job, I'm loving it !
stefanos
Cadet
Cadet

Post by stefanos »

Hello guys

Congatulations for the great pagage. My problem is tha I can't see any traffic at "LIPI" AB. I Have the MB-339 from lago which includes scenery for that airport but even when I removed it and used your AF2 archive I still couldn't see any tornados. All other traffic works fine at that airport.
Has anyone else the same problem?

Thanks for any help
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Sorry guys
There has been a bit of a Rooster up with the files and the "beta" package has been published in error
The only difference is with the AFCADS in so much as we had not intended to issue all the AFCADS in the package as some of them are for scenery packages

We will issue a revision shortly with an exclude file for LIBV

Thanks for your comments anyway

Saudi Tornados next

Gary Barker
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Stefanos
Do you still have a AFCAD installed for the addon scenery?

Gary
stefanos
Cadet
Cadet

Post by stefanos »

Garysb wrote: Do you still have a AFCAD installed for the addon scenery?
Hi Gary

I didn't remove any files. I Just disabled the scenery from the scenery library. Wasn't that enough??? As I said the rest traffic works fine at that airport and that confuses me a bit.

Best wishes
stefanos
Cadet
Cadet

Post by stefanos »

I removed the archives related to LIPI airport from the woai package and the traffic appeared. I can't understand though why doesn't that affect the rest of the traffic.

Thanks for the solution Gary.
Cianofranc
Captain
Captain

Post by Cianofranc »

Stefanos:
I have Rivolto of Cloud9 too, and i disable the scenery like you said.
My fs9 work well with MAIW afcad. I understand you like Rivolto scenery: our afcad is quite simple, and there's no military structures (shelters, hangars, etc.). Maybe in the future.... LOL

Traffic on Rivolto AB (LIPI) is not very heavy:
Gary scheduled one or two aircraft for a day only, like in the real life, and not for all days of the week.
There's no plans scheduled for friday, saturday and sunday.

If you check LIPI AB on friday, saturday or sunday, you can't see Tornadoes traffic.

Cheers

Luciano
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

I've noticed that in the readme, section "Step 3) Install callsign voicepacks" you always write: "Click “open” for each file".

A hint for future packages: you can import all voicepack files at once by selecting all the files first (e.g. by shift-clicking on the last file in the list, or with Ctrl+A), and then click 'open'. It saves A LOT of time not having to read the 15-second warning every time you import one voicepack file :wink:

Hope this helps.

Greg
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

Woww, and this is a helpful hint! Thanks!
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
CrazyDunc
Captain
Captain

Post by CrazyDunc »

1784 downloads in 8 days. Well done guys this one was a MASSIVE hit. i reckon its the best so far.
Regards,
Dunc
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

thanks for the comments
there has been a bit ok a Rooster up but these things happen and we have highlighted the problem so it wont happen again

hope you will all enjoy the next installment of Saudi ones and GAFFTC

Gary
Bora

Post by Bora »

Gary, I just noticed that some of the touch and go legs might still not be working due to the fact that the time that is set for doing touch and go's is the same as the time the plane moves on to the next leg... The difference should be at least one minute otherwise the rest of the leg after that touch and go will not happen at all... So if this error happens with a touch and go on monday, all legs for the rest of the week will not happen.

Example from your flightplans:

AC#5,5037,50%,WEEK,VFR,1/13:02:14,TNG1/14:20:59,285,F,7081,LIRS,1/14:20:59,1/14:51:44,285,F,7081,LIMS

There are more like this...
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Hi Bora

As I said there was a Rooster up in the system (no blame aportioned) and the wrong package got published

I must admit i thought it was just an afcad problem
I will have a look at the plans also
But i have noticed that you do get changes when repeativly compiling and decompiling the traffic BGL

I can only apologise and will try to fix the problem

Gary
smoky
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Change home base

Post by smoky »

Hi,
as a complete novice when it comes to AI, this may be a silly question...but...is it possible to change the home base of the Italian Tornado package ? I mainly use Rimini lipr and Cervia lipc and would love to populate either of these bases with some Italian mil. aircraft. F104's would be the ideal..but can't find any. As I don't know my bgl's from my elbow, I thought I'd better ask before I mess things up trying. Any advice would be appreciated...even if it's just "No yer can't"

Russell.
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Hi Smoky...
We're here to help..so no question is silly.

What I would do, would be to write some flight plans to include the bases that you want.

You can either start from scratch and write them, or use a method that I have done before and that is to open the flight plan text file and simply change the airport codes. Using wordpad, you can change them all with just a couple clicks of the mouse.

If you don't have the text file, you'll need to disassemble the bgl file using TrafficTools.

I hope this helps you.

Don't hesitate to post other questions when you have them.

KJ
Kevin Jarvis

smoky
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by smoky »

Hello Kevin,
can't thank you enough for sharing your knowledge with me. Although writing new flight plans is out of the question for me...ie, I have'nt a clue how to do it. I followed your advice and changed all the LIPL's to LIPC. Now Cervia is very busy with the Tornado's. Many, many thanks.

Regards,

Russell.
jerel2k7
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Italian Air Force Tornado Package exclude file problem

Post by jerel2k7 »

Hello,

I noticed that for some reason the default terminals in fs2004 were not showing up at Rome LIRF. I used NewBglAnalyze to look at the exclude file for MAIW_exc_LIRE_Praticadimare

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- disassembled by NewBglAnalyze Sat Jan 12 23:20:22 2008 -->

<FSData version="9.0"
xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd">

<ExclusionRectangle
latitudeMinimum="N41 27.02731"
latitudeMaximum="N41 51.33456"
longitudeMinimum="E012 5.69273"
longitudeMaximum="E012 48.15180"
excludeAllObjects="TRUE"/>

</FSData>

The coordinates of the AFCAD2 by Roberto Sicliano for LIRF are
N41* 48.7072'
E12* 15.1352'

If you notice it seems as if the exclude is taking out the terminal buildings at LIRF due to the exclude including the coordinates of the airport at LIRF.

Any ideas on how to correct this problem?

Thanks,

Jerel
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

I haven't looked at this particular package but if the terminals aren't there then MAIW excluded them because they interfered with the parking layout in the AFCAD. Aircraft must have been parking/taxiing through them so they removed them.

If you want them back, you'll have to remove the exclude file(s). That will remove all exclusions though.
--Chris