The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

McConnell Air Force Base package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

McConnell Air Force Base package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Please use this thread to post questions or technical issues related to this package.

The package may be downloaded via a link provided on the MAIW homepage: http://www.militaryaiworks.com
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Jumpshot724
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Ok so, I just did a quick (12 minute) flight, departing McConnell and arriving back there. Departure was fine, excellant work. However, upon returning to the base it was EMPTY. Not a single aircraft, but the scenery was still working.

I didn't do anything mid-flight, took off, did a circle and returned to an empty base. That's it.

Thoughts??
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The base was full when you left?

Survival scramble?

I only say that because I can't honestly think of a single reason why that would happen with the exception of for some reason the afcad got replaced by another on the fly, but that's too ridiculous to be the reason.

Are you able to recreate this? If so date and time GMT would be helpful.
Steve
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Hmmm, yea I just tried to duplicate what I did and it didn't happen, I returned to a base just as I left it (minus 2 B-1B's taking off).

When it happened, I was flying real-time like 0230 Friday AM, with the sim set to early afternoon. I think I left my stand at 1130, took off right behind another KC-135, shadowed him for 10 minutes, then turned back to land and the base was devoid of AI life. Like I said, the scenery was still working fine, and it seemed the AFCAD was too as I didn't notice any loss of taxi-lines/parking stands.
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hmmm, maybe its one of those glitchy things that happen from time to time. However, if you find it happening again. Grab the time/day and I will try to replicate.
Steve
Bone184

Re: McConnell Air Force Base package by MAIW

Post by Bone184 »

I've been flying alot from McConnell here lately since Smoky Hill isn't far away, but when I get to smoky I can't find it. It's like the range isn't there, so I took a helicopter flight from the range its self & I noticed that I can see the textures while I'm on the ground, but when I lift off I loose it under the surface of the earth. Is there a fix for this? I'd like to use Smoky.....
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ahh, the old hidden-range ploy.
Do you use any mesh for that part of the world? It sounds like the scenery is below the level of the ground.
Steve
Bone184

Post by Bone184 »

Firebird wrote:Ahh, the old hidden-range ploy.
Do you use any mesh for that part of the world? It sounds like the scenery is below the level of the ground.
I did have mesh scenery, but I deactivated it & deleted it.....still a no-go....
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well without seeing pictures of it, I am going purely on guesswork here.
What is involved here. Is it an afcad, scenery or both? Is it something that we supplied with the package?

I would have checked last night for myself, but I wasn't able to get any time on the 'puter.
Steve
Bone184

Post by Bone184 »

Firebird wrote:Well without seeing pictures of it, I am going purely on guesswork here.
What is involved here. Is it an afcad, scenery or both? Is it something that we supplied with the package?

I would have checked last night for myself, but I wasn't able to get any time on the 'puter.
It's just an AFCAD file for 1TUL, it was in the McConnell package....
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK I have done a bit of checking.
Firstly, the afcad is a waypoint, hence the name, and so it is not intended to be used by any aircraft for landing only for simulating attack runs, so what you see is perfectly normal and acceptable.
I needed to check that it was a simple waypoint afcad and it is, also its on a slope so it would be either partially or completely underground or the runway would be visible and almost completely in midair.

Now with your issue, I understand that not every sim is the same but I don't see a runway at all, even if i selected it as a start point. Either something is wrong or you have enhanced your afcad. The only time it shows is if I select Preview in FS in AFX. I don't get any textures at all. Can you show us what you see, because I can't see what you could have a problem with, at least on my m/c.
Steve
Bone184

Post by Bone184 »

Firebird wrote:OK I have done a bit of checking.
Firstly, the afcad is a waypoint, hence the name, and so it is not intended to be used by any aircraft for landing only for simulating attack runs, so what you see is perfectly normal and acceptable.
I needed to check that it was a simple waypoint afcad and it is, also its on a slope so it would be either partially or completely underground or the runway would be visible and almost completely in midair.

Now with your issue, I understand that not every sim is the same but I don't see a runway at all, even if i selected it as a start point. Either something is wrong or you have enhanced your afcad. The only time it shows is if I select Preview in FS in AFX. I don't get any textures at all. Can you show us what you see, because I can't see what you could have a problem with, at least on my m/c.
I will get a pic of it, when I check AFCAD it shows a small strip.....I figured it was a range like that could be seen like all of the others that have been included. Since it's below the ground, is there away I can bring it to the top to be seen?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well when i get back tonight I will take a couple of pics for you, of my system.
There is nothing to see the runway is on the surface on my system and is not visible unless you hit the switch in AFX. There is not supposed to be anything to see. There is no enhancement for this establishment. The waypoint is purely a placeholder for attack runs only.

It doesn't mean that either you or somebody else can't enhance the site into something dramatic, just that we did not intend anything for you to see and that is what we delivered.
Steve
Bone184

Post by Bone184 »

I got it to work, sorry for me not being quick enough to fix it myself.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

No problem.
Steve
SundanceKid

Post by SundanceKid »

Greetings. I'm a new member of this forum. I very recently downloaded and installed MAIW McConnell AFB AI package. The scenery works pretty well except I have two main problems:
1. There are no AI (KC-135T) aircraft
2. There is grass inside the larger open hanger (with both sides open) and grass around the
adjoining hangers where there should be pavement.

Some information that I hope helps: I don't have a duplicate AFCADs installed for this
scenery. I have also downloaded other MAIW scenery packages:
Beaufort MCAS (KNBC) - this package works great with AI aircraft included!
Portland ANG (KLMT) - this package works great also.
Seymour Johnson AFB (KGSB) - the scenery works but I have no AI aircraft included
with this scenery.
I have tried moving the McConnell Air Force Base down in my FS9 scenery library.
But still both problems are there.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Working the non-MAIW Plains pack into the sim and had to move the KS ANG -135's around and noticed duplicate tail #

61-0277 for the 344th ARS
61-0277 for the 384th ARS

Textures look the same, so I just deleted the more basic FP and kept the longer one. Scenery works well in FSX.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris