The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Spanish Mirage F1's package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Spanish Mirage F1's package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Please use this thread to post questions/technical support issues regarding this package. The package can be downloaded from our home page.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Chrisb
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Chrisb »

I love these Mirages.
Just one question and forgive me if its obvious. When a new package includes a MAIW objects library and there is already one in my system from a previous package do you add the scenery and textures to the old one or have more than one scenery entry?

Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Great question Chris and the answer is that we simply overwrite the old files if there are any duplicates. So from your end, you won't notice any changes unless we have recently updated our scenery libraries which we do from time to time. Doing it this way means the actual packages themselves are bigger, but the total number of files we install onto your system is actually smaller if you already have the libraries that a given package makes use of. :wink:

This setup also allows us to update textures, libraries etc without having to make every user download a new version of each library.
-Mike G.

Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

Thanks Mike. Made perfectly clear as always.

Chris
paul day
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by paul day »

For some reason i am lacking any tarmac at Albacete AB. I added the Albacete AB scenery file, which is above the MAIW scenery objects library. The textures for the buildings and HAS,s are present as are the aircraft but i notice the aircraft parked closer to the hangers seem to be floating about one meter above the ground. I have tried manual and automatic installations with the same results in FS2004. I have most of the MAIW packages but have never had this problem. I have checked for duplicate AFCAD,s. Have you any suggestions?

Regards Paul Day.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Paul do you have any other addon scenery for that area? Any kind of add on terrain mesh for that area??
-Mike G.

paul day
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by paul day »

The only other scenery i have in Spain is Torrejon with the Spanish F18,s and a MAIW AF2 for Moron LEMO and Rota LERT, and no mesh.

Regards Paul Day.
Janeway
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Spanish Mirage F1's package - Missing TREE textures

Post by Janeway »

While visiting Albacete LEAB, home of the Spanish Mirage F1, I noticed these white squares. Obviously, some TREE textures are missing. I checked ALL the textures in my folders: Gerrish Gray especially. However, I have no idea which textures are missing. However, the BGL file that calls up these textures IS definitely MAIW Leab Trees, in the scenery folder of MAIW Albacete AB. If anybody does know which textures, would you please post them here, in this thread ? But if you don't know which exact textures are missing, please don't waste your precious time.... (I know!! I wasted a couple of hours...with no result).
Attachments
Missing TREE textures 2
Missing TREE textures 2
Missing TREE textures 1
Missing TREE textures 1
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Spanish Mirage F1's package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Hmmm..... I don't remember there being trees with that scenery but I'm probably wrong.

I don't have that scenery installed any longer but your first option is to download the whole package again to a temporary folder. Then go into that folder and copy the textures from the Albecete scenery's Texture folder into the one you are using now.

Or simply replace the Albecete scenery from your setup with the freshly downloaded scenery in that temporary folder.

If there are missing textures, that should take care of it for you, UNLESS these trees are calling on default textures which have gotten deleted from your setup.
-Mike G.

Janeway
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Janeway »

MIKE JG wrote:Hmmm..... I don't remember there being trees with that scenery but I'm probably wrong.

I don't have that scenery installed any longer but your first option is to download the whole package again to a temporary folder. Then go into that folder and copy the textures from the Albecete scenery's Texture folder into the one you are using now.

Or simply replace the Albecete scenery from your setup with the freshly downloaded scenery in that temporary folder.

If there are missing textures, that should take care of it for you, UNLESS these trees are calling on default textures which have gotten deleted from your setup.

Thanks for your advice, Mike.
Albacete [LEAB] does not have a texture folder.
Re-installing Default textures - Main Texture folder, Scenery textures in World and Generic folders - did not work.
Re-installing the Static Objects Library textures...no good.

This meant that the missing textures had to belong to some MAIW package...
A good starting point was Nick Black's packages....well over a dozen at MAIW...!!
Since Albacete is a Spanish base, then Nick Black's textures might be in some Spanish scenery. A good place to start as any!!
The only one with custom textures here is Spanish Hornets.....
Re-installing ALL the textures in the Spanish Hornets package by Nick Black did the trick. It worked, as the screenshots below prove. So the missing textures were among them...
Attachments
Trees visible instead of White squares.
Trees visible instead of White squares.
Texture found.  White squares are now Trees
Texture found. White squares are now Trees
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Interesting. I'm guessing we'll need to fix that then.

Do you remember which textures you used from the other package to fix this one??

BTW, didn't I just read the other day that Spain is about to retire all their F1's??
-Mike G.