The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Finnish Air Force Hornets Package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Finnish Air Force Hornets Package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Please post all support related issues and questions regarding this package in this thread.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Gents,
A little glitch got into the release you need to alter the burner positions to:-
light.9 = 2, -30.00, -1.55, 0.782, fx_nbai_hornet_ab ,
light.10 = 2, -30.00, 1.55, 0.782, fx_nbai_hornet_ab ,

Apologies for that.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Quick question. I have the FISD scenery for Kuopio, and since I have that scenery do I need to install the exclude files that came with this MAIW package?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The docs say that the afcads are for either the default scenery or the FISD scenery, so the excludes are there for the default scenery.

However, every persons set up is different so I would suggest removing those excludes and see the result. If you get some results that you don't like add one of more of them back.
Steve
robystar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by robystar »

Hello,

I have a couple of questions and a comment.
I will start with the comment: congrats, it is truly a beautiful achievement.
Now to the questions:
- is it a Hornet or a Superhornet? I am using the light version of the FA-18E and it looks bigger than the AI one of the package. The engine inlet seems different as well (not as square).
- In the video I can see the wings are folded. I do not see that on the sleeping Finnish ones. Or is that for an upcoming package?
-Are the flight dynamics already done for the carrier version? I assume you are working on the carrier versiion as you have already a video with the wings folded (in that case I already have worked on the FD and the aircraft.cfg so as to have a carrier landable AI plane (althoough it needs some fine tuning in as far as there is a bit of wobbling after take off).
Let me end by saying that indeed it is an asset and something long waited for.
My congratulations.

PS I am on FSX, I hope that does not make too much difference.
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by maddog65 »

Mate,
The planes in this package are the C/D models so to answer your first question it is a Hornet.
The folded wing Hornets are there just look for them. I found them at every base.
I can't answer onyour last question just that you will have to wait and see.

Les
robystar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by robystar »

Apologies Les.
Checking a bit more I found them (folding wings) in between the models. Really super.
Regarding the posible carrier version: that was merely an offer to send my aircraft.cfg and airfile over so that you can use them if of any help.
And for the rest: looking forward already to the " wait and see" allright
Thanks.

Roby
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

I am using the FISD scenery of Kuopio and I have a question about the AFCAD that came with you package. Was the AFCAD made for the default airport or the FISD scenery? I know the AFCAD is named MAIW_AFX_EFKU_FISD.bgl but when I choose the runway as my start location my plane is not on the center line. And my AI planes are not on the center line either on take off or using the runway to taxi.

It's not really a big deal for me though I will just use the AFCAD I had for the scenery and fix it up to match the parking in your AFCAD.
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Joseph, the AFCADs were made to run with the FISD scenery, as it says in the readme. They were based from the original AFCADs from the FISD sceneries.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
Ray_Merkel

Post by Ray_Merkel »

nickblack423 wrote:Ray, use the one attached here. The one that got into the Finnish Hornets package will be newer but it is not the right one, as it is based on an older version that didnt have the textures for the Weapons used by the French Mirage. Total mistake on my part and I apologise but like I've said these things do happen sometimes and it was only one of our beedy eyed BETA testers who spotted it while testing a current package.

Nick
Thanks Nick,

I will use the attatched one! Thanks for your help! Again great work on your aircraft designs! :P

Ray
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by maddog65 »

Also remember to take out the AFCAD that came with the scenery so they are not doubled.

Les
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Hi, Was not to sure where to put this query, however here goes, its just by chance that I found that there were two updates for the Finnish F18 Package, which I have just installed.
Is there any way in which you can identify any updates to your packages on the main page of the forum?
Please be assured that is not a gripe, as I have downloaded many of your packages and they have made my FS experience much the richer.
BR
Brian H :D
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The updates are made very plain in this support thread, as we have always done in the past.
We don't really have much space on the front page to allocate space for updates, the individual support threads are by the far the most efficient place to put them.
Steve
k9catforce
Cadet
Cadet

Post by k9catforce »

I checked every base, and there isn't any activity from the hornets. I set the traffic slider to 100 and there is still no activity. why? there are parked hornets, but no moving ones.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well the good news is that you have the parked aircraft. Its sounds silly, but unless you have them you will not see any take off.

What is probably the issue is that you are just unlucky that nothing is moving at the time you looked. We try to be realistic about movements and not have constant activity.
What you need to do is use a utility that will show you the movements. I use the swiss army knife of utils, ACA2005, to list the movements of a base.
Alternatively, if you install the TVB2.1 aircraft viewing plane it will show you the times of all movements at what ever airfield you are at.

To start you off if you go to EFRO at 11:15 GMT on Monday you will have 4 departures within 20 mins.
Steve