The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Jordanian Air Denfence Shaheed Mwaffaq AB package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Jordanian Air Denfence Shaheed Mwaffaq AB package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Please post all support related questions and issues related to this package here:

After a couple tries, I believe we've got this one correct now. Thanks for your positive comments, thanks for pointing out the errors and thanks for your patience.
Last edited by MIKE JG on 14 Sep 2009, 14:33, edited 2 times in total.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Ineptitude, but on my part this time :smt021 .

For those that are wondering why its confusing us here is the reason. For those easily bored please feel free to move on to the next post.

The F-16s that the Belgians and Dutch have are both called F-16AM and F-16BM depending upon whether they are single or two seaters.
Both nations single seaters have the drag chute.
The Dutch two seater has a drag chute. The Belgian two seater does not.
Both nations have sold surplus single and two seaters to Jordan.
Double checking the serials of the two F-16BMs in this pack they are both ex-Belgian, i.e. no drag chute.

So basically there should be two types of single seater and only one type of two seater in this package.

Its a good job we haven't included the ex-Dutch ones as it could have got complicated. :smt119
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

The "latest" version corrects the F-16 models to match the real world makeup of the current Jordanian Air Force's F-16 force as well as correcting those pesky scenery object textures that are part of the MAIW libraries.

Here are your options to correct your package if you have installed it previously to the time stamp on this post:

Option 1: Delete all of the contents of the previous versions and simply run the installer again for the updated version of the package. If you are not sure what the old contents are, just ask for help.

Option 2: Download the latest version and install it to a temporary folder. Go into your FS9/Aircraft folder and delete any aircraft that have "Jordan" in their names. Replace these aircraft in your main FS9/Aircraft folder with all of the aircraft from the new version of the package that you have stored in your temporary folder. After that go back into your temporary folder with the new version of the package and locate the "MAIW Scenery Library Objects/Texture" folder which can be found in the main Addon Scenery folder. Once you have located that texture folder you need to locate the following four texture files:

Airbase Buildings 1.bmp
Airbase Buildings 1_LM.bmp
Airbase Buildings 3.bmp
Airbase Buildings 3_LM.bmp

Once you have found these files, copy them and place them into your main FS9/Addon Scenery/MAIW Scenery Library Objects/Texture folder, selecting "yes" to overwrite the older versions.

Those are the changes from the previous versions. Failure to replace the aircraft folders will not cause any issues with the original package. However failure to replace the four texture files will affect previous and future MAIW sceneries that may utilize these textures.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
james84

Post by james84 »

Just a problem: my PC restarts when the new scenery is loaded!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ouch! That sounds like a corruption issue, of FS9, rather than the scenery.
If you disable the scenery does it load ok?

I have to say that for that to happen it is normally associated with an error message on the screen, do you get any?
Is there any diags in your event viewer?
Steve
james84

Post by james84 »

When the loading bar reaches 100% the PC restarts. I tried to remove the desert texture file in the scenery/world/texture folder and got an error message with an easy to manage crash to desktop. I disabled the scenery now, I'll tell you how it turns out as soon as the game loads (20 min)!
james84

Post by james84 »

Scenery removed - everything works fine.
I guess I made some mistake with the MAIW Scenery Objects folder while attempting to correct the issues of the Jordanian package as specified on another topic...
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Hi Guys,

After having just re-downloaded this package from the front page, ACA has spotted that there are two listings each for the two seaters serialled 138 and 139 - one of each is in the F-16B and F-16BM folders; relatively easy to correct, especially with the AI Aircraft Editor, just thought I'd pass that on, in case anyone wonders why there were four aircraft with those two serials.

Cheers
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Arrggh!
The F-16BM folder shouldn't be there, please remove it if you have it. Sorry about that.
Steve
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Re: Jordanian Air Denfence Shaheed Mwaffaq AB Package by MAIW

Post by nickblack423 »

Hello all. Just a quick one here that will make this package fully compatible with FSX, once you have followed the FSX installation guide at: http://www.interkultur.de/gossmann/fsx/maiw.php

Add this file into the folder "Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/MAIW Shaheed Mwaffaq (OJ0D)/Scenery". It will allow the package to work in FSX. For some reason I cannot figure out, several airbases in Jordan especially have had their ICAO ID's changed in FSX from what was in FS9. Therefore Shaheed Mwaffaq has become OJ40 from OJ0D.

Enjoy this lovely looking package in all its FSX glory.

Nick
Attachments
MAIW_AFX_OJ40.zip
(15.62 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"