The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

West Coast ANG package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: West Coast ANG package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Hmmm.....but yet it works just fine on a basic default setup, this is really strange. Time to call in the scenery designer, John Stinstrom and see if he has any thoughts.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Nothing major, but the old DB KBOI Afcad had all the A-10's lined up on the ramp. This one has them scattered throughout the airport.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Sounds like you may have a duplicate afcad there Dust off. The Afcad provided in this pack was built from DB old one. There is no change made to the parking other than parking code priority. Looks fine were im parked at present.

Make sure you remove all the files from both DB packs listed in the readme.

Mark :D
Last edited by campbeme on 07 Nov 2009, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
Mark
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

hawk_sh wrote: There is just an entry for riversu.bmp in my terrrain.cfg

//Stream Lines
[Texture.1024] // stream lines / unknown / perennial
Type=1
Size=4
ExcludeAutogen=1
MaskClassMap=3
Textures=RiverSU.bmp
offset=-10
OK thanks. My thought was that if that file called for the lm directly it couls cause it.
Steve
fnkybnch
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by fnkybnch »

Are the included files for Moffett Field KNUQ compatible with John Stinstrom's previously released Moffett scenery?
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

fnkybnch wrote:Are the included files for Moffett Field KNUQ compatible with John Stinstrom's previously released Moffett scenery?
They have not been made or tested to work with Johns Scenery for Moffett. This was down to me not knowing he had made scenery for Moffett at the time I built up the package.

Mark
Mark
fnkybnch
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by fnkybnch »

Thanks, Mark!

I guess I'll tinker with it and see what happens.

Thanks again!

Mark
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Never had this issue before. I follow the read me as ususal and remove any dublicate AFCADs for the given airports. I generally like to fly to a new package area from another aiport. I checked to make sure I only have the MAIW_xx AFCADs, good there. KBOI,KFAT, KSLC, KRNO act the same, aircraft not in proper parking. KRIV, KNUQ, KNTD, KSKA were bare, nothing. Every one of them pull up in AFCAD correct. When I visit the airport, you can tell they are not stock fields, with all the various ramp extensions appearing. All of the previous AF2_xx_DB AFCADs worked with the older DB ai_ang packages.

Its almost like FS is reading the AFCAD, but not the parking codes. My KLMT, KPDX appear to be fine, great scenery!

UPDATE-What an arse, when following the instructions for the new MAIW Land Class folder, I noticed all my default this/that folders were scattered in priority on the Scenery Library. I attempt to clean that up some and moved them down to the bottom, then added the MAIW objects/land class folders. During the process I moved the "Add-on Scenery" down in a very low priority!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Dustoff,
I have just checked and found that the afcad has the A-10s all in a line. This would indicate that either the codes are not in line with the aircraft.cfg, which I think you would have mentioned, or there is another afcad somewhere. I found using AFX, that I have freeware scenery for KBOI and that has an afcad in its folder.
It might be worth double checking that, as quite often I have found that afcad doesn't always show all afcads in your system.
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

So where do you have your "Addon Scenery" folder in the priority list now? I always keep mine at the very top assuring that the AFCADs in that folder always "sit" above any other scenery.
-Mike G.

Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I have it below the custom sceneries and above the default locations. I was going to see if someone could post a pic of the proper set up if there is one. Looks like everything is good again. That explains why KLMT and KPDX loaded up with no parking issues.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

There seems to be some debate on what setup is best. I put mine at the very top, other put the Addon Scenery folder at the very bottom.
-Mike G.

djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

i'm getting a crash when going to KRNO, my FS9 addon scenery folder is at the top, no duplicate afcads...hope this isn't something i'm overlooking :?
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

This is a great addition to my AI. I did all the required steps to convert this package to FSX. I was sure to remove the KFAT and KRIV AFCADs I had only previously finished a couple of days ago to avoid any new conflicts. The strange thing that I never encountered before was seeing a C-130 parked at the passenger terminal at KFAT after loading this package. I will go back and tweak some of the parking codes, size, and location to deterimine the main issue.

Keith

Keith all FSX related questions need to go into the FSX Support forum from now on, we will not be offering FSX support in the direct package threads. We will do our best to help you out if you post your question/issue in this thread linked below:-Mods

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =15&t=6975
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

djnocturnal wrote:i'm getting a crash when going to KRNO, my FS9 addon scenery folder is at the top, no duplicate afcads...hope this isn't something i'm overlooking :?
Hi Mark,

Few things I need you to try first to help find whats causing your problem.

1) Could you move your traffic slider to zero and restart at KRNO, tell me what happens.
2) Could you remove the AFX file supplied for KRNO and then start KRNO in FS, tell me what happens.

There is no scenery so these are the only things supplied which will affect your set from the package.

Doing this will eliminate the Aircraft or Afcad supplied with the package.

Mark :D
Mark
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Victory103 wrote:I have it below the custom sceneries and above the default locations. I was going to see if someone could post a pic of the proper set up if there is one. Looks like everything is good again. That explains why KLMT and KPDX loaded up with no parking issues.
I have the same set up as you. Which works fine providing that you have no scenery installed with its own afcad,
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

djnocturnal wrote:i'm getting a crash when going to KRNO, my FS9 addon scenery folder is at the top, no duplicate afcads...hope this isn't something i'm overlooking :?
Just on the off chance, you don't have any AlphaSim sceneries installed for NAS Fallon, Area 51 or Nellis do you?? These are known to cause CTD's in that area.
-Mike G.

djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

I first tried setting the traffic slider to zero, still get a crash at 50% loading.
I then removed the AFX afcad file for KRNO, still get a crash.
No Alphasim scenery installed, it is a fresh install of FS9 since I lost everything, the only other thing I could think of is a mesh issue, but I didn't have any issues on my other setup using the same mesh.
I guess it has nothing to do with this package, not sure what it is lol.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The lock and crash at 50% is nearly always a texture file that it couldn't find and/or load.

Now the fact that its a new re-install actually helps. Try loading the base at night, I assume that its currently a daylight load. Obviously try the opposite if its a night load.
Now if it works then is a missing or corrupt daylight texture, if there is no scenery addon within a substantial radius. Then it sounds like a default texture issue or UT or Ground Environment if they are loaded.

If it still crashes then it sounds like there is a problem with a texture that has no _lm version.

There is one other possibility that I can think of. If an AI scheme is in 32 bit format it can cause this issue, it needs to be found and converted to dxt3. I realise that this may not be an easy job, my first thought would be to check civvie AI as quite often people come up with 32 bit schemes for them.

I hope that this helps.
Steve
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

wow, thanks! that was it, loaded at night with no issues. so how can I find out which file is missing?