The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

West Coast ANG package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: West Coast ANG package by MAIW

Post by campbeme »

djnocturnal wrote:wow, thanks! that was it, loaded at night with no issues. so how can I find out which file is missing?
Hi Mark,

Download Process Monitor from the link below.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 96642.aspx

Run the program in the background, start FS9 go to Reno in the day time then once it crashes scroll back through Process Monitor to the point where FS crashes. Hover the mouse pointer over the entry and it will tell you the file it could not find.

PM me if you get stuck :D

Mark :D
Mark
Fastair
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by Fastair »

Hi all,
I have just installed this package, outstanding and a big thank you. I have one minor issue though. At KPDX my F-15's are parked all over the place, I have checked for duplicate AFCADS, and actually don't seem to have one at all, guessing it would look like the standard MAIW_Default AF2 etc.......Perhaps it just went rouge on me.
Does anybody have the default MAIW AF2 file they would be willing to share please ? I used the installer and it is for FS9 if that is of any use...

Many thanks in advance.
Regards,

Edit :
Argh !!! Cancel, not for the first time, I appear to have been rather stupid.........Problem solved, maybe I should have stoped at the first bottle of wine...! Apologies.....
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Fastair wrote: Edit :
Argh !!! Cancel, not for the first time, I appear to have been rather stupid.........Problem solved, maybe I should have stoped at the first bottle of wine...! Apologies.....
Glad you are enjoying the package Fastair.

My guess would of been you forgot to activate the KPDX scenery? :lol: Anyway glad you got it sorted out.

Mark :D
Mark
Fastair
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by Fastair »

That maybe the reason - I couldn't possibly comment..Hee hee :wink: :oops:

Awesome package, and thank you once again.....
Regards,
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Biggles7 wrote:
hawk_sh wrote:I might have found a solution:

I used filemon - FS9 was looking for the file riversu_lm.bmp which was not there.
There is only riversu.bmp in the FS9/Scenery/World/Texture folder.

I made a copy of riversu.bmp in the FS9/Scenery/World/Texture folder and renamed it riversu_lm.bmp.

Result: no crash

Though most MAIW packages are installed on my system, it takes me time to carefully read all the posts in the Package Support Forum. The MAIW creations are too good to just skim through quickly and superficially. After all the hardwork invested in each package, I endeavour to savour all the goodies integrated therein. Particularly by flying around each airbase at different times of the day and week.

When 'hawk_sh' remarked about his crash, I was almost sure it would not happen to me.... But I decided to check anyway....just in case! After all even 'Joseph29' ran into the same problem.

Yes! It has happened to me too...!! Even in 2012.
Whatever the 'bug' is, it's still there.
Thankfully, 'hawk_sh' has also provided the 'cure' and by following his example I can vouch that the crashes have been eliminated both at dusk and dawn.

I wish to thank not only 'hawk_sh' here for taking time to present both the problem and its solution, but also all at MAIW who allow us flightsimmers to browse these forums -freely - for solutions to our FS9 problems. But for this forum and hawk's post, I would have spent hours - maybe days - trying to figure out what happened.

My heartfelt thanks to you all..!!
Thanks for the kind words Biggles we do appreciate users kind comments. I am sorry I never applied Hawks fix to this package, but up to today there were only two people with the problem in over 1000 downloads. Due to the age of this package and thanks to USAF changes and cuts it is very out of date now. Hawks fix is very easy to follow and do so I will be leaving the package as is. I hope this did not spoil your fun to much.

Mark
Mark