The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

General MAIW Package Issues

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Re: General MAIW Package Issues

Post by dk1213 »

thanks steve. Something is better than nothing. I cant believe with all these MAIW hardcore people on here nobody has the prop replacement tool readily available .....
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Most of the "hardcore" users are FS9 folks.....
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

dk1213 wrote:thanks steve. Something is better than nothing. I cant believe with all these MAIW hardcore people on here nobody has the prop replacement tool readily available .....
Send £500 in cash and I'll send you the files :roll:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
dk1213
Major
Major

Post by dk1213 »

I know, I know beat me up for being an FSX junkie. Hardcore or not, somebody's gotta have the prop texture replacement tool that you used to be able to get from the site ..... and for 500 cheaper lol
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
nigelf
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by nigelf »

Hi all and a Happy new year to all at MAIW. I was fortunate (or unfortunate) to get a Xmas box
with acopy of FSX. I am in the process of installing all of th MAIW packages into it to see how good it works. I am missing one package though. I thought I had it on a disc but allas I don't. It os the WOAIMIL 25 pack.
Does anyone have this available? If so I would appreciate a copy. Thanks in anticipation. Nigelf.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Nigel, woamil25.zip was replaced by an updated version. So that package does not exist any longer. I don't remember which package this was, perhaps the original Elmendorf AFB??

So you are not missing anything.
-Mike G.

BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Not Elmendorf. That was a pretty recent package.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have a feeling that 25 was never done. I think that something was due to be 25, but we switched over before 25 actually made it to completion ( Coningsby ???). I know at other times the numbers were released out of order.

I think that this is correct but my mind could be playing tricks on me.
Steve
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by lewis »

Thats weird, I have 23, 24, 26 among others but no 25. Don't know if I just missed it or it was never produced. Lewis.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Never produced.
Checked on Owl's Nest.

Ciao
Kilo60
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Kilo60 »

What slider controls the amount of MAIW A/I traffic to display?

Is it the Commercial A/C Traffic slider or the GA one or a combination of both or does one control the heavies while the other adjusts the smaller ones?

I'm wondering cause I need to slightly lower some of the traffic at bigger MAIW airports to achieve slightly better FPS as I've got a TON of A/C at Nellis...

Thanks!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Most of the military traffic should be under the control of the "commercial" slider, at least that's the way it is for FS9.
-Mike G.

benji53
Cadet
Cadet

Pea green blocks in the Hill AFB package for fs9.

Post by benji53 »

This is my first post so please forgive me if I am in the wrong area. Anyway, After I installed the the Hill AFB package into fs9, I found pea green squares by the many buildings behind the tarmac and hangers. This only appears to happen in the Hill AFB package as the Nellis package is fine. I have tried looking for duplicate AFCAD files but maybe I am not recognizing any duplicates. I also did not install VOICE EDITPACK 3.1 as installer says I don't have NET FRAMEWORK 1.0 but I have net FRAMEWORK 3.5 and service packs although I do see 1.0 in the ADD\Remove program area- I am afraid to roll back or install the 1.0 version but I figure all I am losing are the call signs. Any help in these areas would be appreciated. Thank you for creating these great AI packages for FS. And thanks in advance for your help.
Blank Fang
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Blank Fang »

benji53
As for the Microsoft .Net Framework versions 1 - 3. They are NOT cumulative but rather self standing individual versions that are if required installed in parallel.
Do not hesitate to install Framework 1 if there is already a higher version there.
-----
Willy
benji53
Cadet
Cadet

Post by benji53 »

Hi Willy, Thanks for your quick reply. I will download an install Net FRAMEWORK 1.0 and see what happens. Thanks again.
draggon
Cadet
Cadet

Post by draggon »

Has anyone made a completely FSX MIAW package/ Installer for any of the packages? It looks pretty daunting to read through the 65 page manual to install them into FSX! I should have bought 2004 instead I think! Grrrrrr
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi draggon, welcome.
In short the answer is no, we currently do packages for FS9 only as that's what all of the staff here has. The FSX conversion manual has been meticulously put together by FSX users who wanted our packages in their system.
If M$ had continued FS development then we might have had to look to the future, but as we currently stand both FS9 and FSX are as outdated as each other now.
We are not saying that we never will produce an FSX package, but there currently is no great impetus to change. The main problem is that we would be creating extra work on each package to ensure compatibility with both systems.
Steve
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

draggon wrote: 65 page manual
Really? And where did you get this monster?
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
ricktk
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ricktk »

Printing on 5 X 7 inch index cards? :lol:

edit: Sorry for the joke. The new version 2.0 to convert packages to FSX is 65 pages long, according to my PDF file. :oops:
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

draggon wrote:Has anyone made a completely FSX MIAW package/ Installer for any of the packages? It looks pretty daunting to read through the 65 page manual to install them into FSX! I should have bought 2004 instead I think! Grrrrrr
Still available at Amazon -- Cheap! http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight- ... B000096L71

Ron