The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

General MAIW Package Issues

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
sprocky
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: General MAIW Package Issues

Post by sprocky »

MIKE JG wrote:Most of the military traffic should be under the control of the "commercial" slider, at least that's the way it is for FS9.
I somehow missed that post :roll: IIRC if there has been entered a callsign (atc_airline entry in aircraft.cfg) the aircraft will be handled as airline traffic. When there is no callsign its being treated as GA. I can't remember a MAIW package without a a/c having callsings (did not check though since I am in a lousy hotel room for this week). Therefore all will be controlled by the commercial slider as Mike wrote.
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
hakelius
Cadet
Cadet

Post by hakelius »

I have been looking for waypoints via the MAIW Waypoint link: 10EY, 10WY, 11EC etc...

From which packages are they. Package includes Harriers (AC#521,550,"WoA_NBAI_GR3A_RFR_6_XX112", and T2, T4)

Edit: I found the package it's MAIW RAF Coningsby but can't find the waypoints in it.

EDIT: Could you MOVE this to following tread: RAF Coningsby 121 Expeditionary Air Wing
as I think it belongs there as Traffic_EGXC_FlyBy is from that pakage.
Admiraal
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Admiraal »

Hi there...

It's my first post... I'm encountering a problem which is increasing by the day.
I'm losing all the installed MAIW scenery!

Yesterday I flew from several airports in the Middle East (Bahrain, Oman and KSA). All scenery and planes were there....... today... NOTHING at all!

Even my installed packages of Elisabeth City, Hurblet Field, Eglin, Corpus Christy etc are all gone. I've installed them months ago, as soon as they came out.

Also the scenery of Spanish airports are gone, the Eurofighters are sitting on a nice green field, the new package of Spanish Hornets like grass more than concrete, The Harries are like small sheep in a big green field as well.

How is this possible?? I can go on with disappearing sceneries and aircraft..... I do enjoy the MAIW packages a lot but like this it isn't fun anymore......

I did a couple of re-insallations, delete and re-installed it in FS9 Addon Scenery....no results.

Also I encounter a couple of sceneries that are not performing as they promised to be.
Installed payware scenery of Spain... out of 6 or 7 airports I miss the runways at three of them.... (??????????). Asked for help but nothing worked out the way I was expecting it.

Can someone help me with this?

regards, Arjen "Admiraal" de Ruyter

arjenderuyter@hotmail.com
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Welcome.
That seems to be one hell of a problem to start with.

So if I can recap. You run FS9.
Everything used to work fine, then scenery that used to be fine started disappearing. The aircraft appear OK but there is no scenery around.
You have tried re-installing but that hasn't cured it.

OK, I have some questions.
1. What OS do you run?
2. Have you run the chkdsk command on your HD to check that there are no problems?
3. When you say you have re-installed, do you mean the MAIW packages, FS9 or both?
4. Are there any packages that still work? If so can you name as many as possible please?
5. Could you zip up your scenery.cfg file and attach it here please?
6. Can you remember doing something with the structure of your FS9 directory around the time of the problem first happening?
7. Is it only MAIW packages that have this problem or are there packages from other places as well?
Steve
Admiraal
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Admiraal »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,
I've checked almost every MAIW scenery and I think about 99% is gone..
Only Miramar with it's F14's etc are still there.
At some airports the USN transports show up but that's all.
Some parts of the scenery are there without any logic place on the airport, lots of green spaces, no taxiways, trees at platforms, total white buildings and vehicles, no planes. (Warton for instance).

I've the same problem with the payware Spanish airports, where three airports do not have a runway, some recent installed scenery isn't right.

I do not know a lot about programming and I do not change anything in whatever part of FS when it isn't needed and even then.....

What do mean by "OS" ?
I only reinstalled the MAIW packages, not a total reinstall of FS9 because this will cost me about months to get it again where it is now (without this problem off course..).

I want to included the latest scenery.cfg as my computer found about six "scenery.cfg" files.
But I don't know how to do that........ sorry :oops:

kind regards,

Arjen de Ruyter
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ok, Arjen. Thanks for that.

The OS is the operating system of your PC.

The Scenery.cfg file is the one in the \Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9 folder.

If you can tell us the answer to the question and supplythe file then we can see what we can do.
Steve
n452mk

A little help here

Post by n452mk »

Hi guys, i just change my PC and i need some help installing the MAIW packages, i install some of them but when i go to the airport with 100% traffic i dont see any traffic or military aircraft not even park, i did this in diferent times and nothing, i just need to know witch one is the right folder to drop the installation process so i can see the planes, please let me know thanks. I am using FS9.
boober

Re: Documention

Post by boober »

HI
Wondering for Win 7 64 bit where the documention goes after installing an MAIW package
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Documention

Post by Greg »

boober wrote:Wondering for Win 7 64 bit where the documention goes after installing an MAIW package
Hi boober,

What documentation do you mean? If you mean the Readme file that is included in the zip (together with the .exe installer file), you should already have a copy somewhere in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Military AI Works folder after installation.
SaabGripen121
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by SaabGripen121 »

Hello
I'm currently having trouble installing a few packages (RAF Lakenheath, RAF Coningsby and a few more). I do everything it tells me to but it never shows them. i just want to know what i'm doing wrong :cry:

Thanks
Gripen
Gripen
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi,
I am afraid that we need a bit more information before we can begin.
Do you have FS9 or FSX?
What OS does your PC run?
When you say nothing shows up, do you mean the scenery, the aircraft, or both?
Steve
hakelius
Cadet
Cadet

Post by hakelius »

Hi

I use VirtualFSX folder when I install MAIW pakages and after that I move them to MAIW scenery folders.

I have Vista 64bit.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Please post this in the general FSX support forum.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

hakelius wrote:Hi

I use VirtualFSX folder when I install MAIW pakages and after that I move them to MAIW scenery folders.

I have Vista 64bit.
As Dan said can you re-post in the FSX Support forum. None of the staff use FSX so we can't help with this specific FSX problem. You need one of our users, that has successfully converted the packages, to help you out.
Steve
hakelius
Cadet
Cadet

Post by hakelius »

I forget to add that I use this same method for FS9 which I also have in my PC.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK well for the FSX issue, you will have to ask there. As for FS9, I will take a wild stab in the dark based upon a couple of key things that you have said or didn't say.

If the same things happens in both systems then my guess is that either you haven't added the scenery to the FS9 and FSX scenery configs. This has to be done manually, as the readme states.

If the scenery doesn't show up, and believe me you would know if you have the sceneries (as they are gorgeous), then the default afcads will not have any parking spaces so no aircraft will show up.

If the sceneries show up and no aircraft do then the chances are that you have additional afcads for both bases that mean that no traffic shows up. Try checking for duplicate afcads.

With the same symptoms for both your versions these are the likely causes.
Steve
jeanpy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by jeanpy »

Good evening,

Sorry for my english but i not usualy write in this language...

I just want to say, The RWAI A-10C Thunderbolt II is a nightmare to install, i spend 3 hours for nothing, i don't understand, for sure in part is my english level, but i think the details for install are not very clear.

Thank u for yours hughes works.

Jeanpy
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

It is very easy to install but you do need to have the original RWAI A-10 model installed.

If language is a problem, you could tell us what your native language is and we can probably find someone who speaks that language that might be able to help you out.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
jeanpy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by jeanpy »

Thank U

I have all your packages, i'm a fan ! if it's possible to have french detail for installation, you'll make me happy...

Jeanpy
jeanpy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by jeanpy »

MIKE JG wrote:It is very easy to install but you do need to have the original RWAI A-10 model installed.

If language is a problem, you could tell us what your native language is and we can probably find someone who speaks that language that might be able to help you out.

Hi,

Yes this is a language, i have all of your packages, usually i don't have probleme to install the packages, but this one !?!, if u can help me in french!!, you'll make me happy...

Thx