The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Chinooks package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

RAF Chinooks package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Post any and all support related comments for this package in this thread.

NOTE: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX support can be had by posting questions in the MAIW Packages in FSX support thread located here:

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =15&t=6975

Please note this package is designed to work with the previously released Army Air Corps Apaches package. If you have already installed the Army Air Corps Apaches package, please read through the included Readme which is also included alongside the installer file so that you may review it prior to installing this new package.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
james84

Re: RAF Chinooks package by MAIW

Post by james84 »

Wow! Another one!
Luckily I finished my exams!
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

A couple of things on this one

First it has been a long time in the making and we have lost 2 of the aircraft in this package in Afghanistan.
Also the HC3 aircraft are all depicted as being stored at Boscombe although 2 have been delivered to Odiham.

And we will forgive Mike as he is from over the pond it is the Army Air Corps Apache Package :D

Have fun

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by kungfuman »

Thanks a lot for this one!

I can finally remove my "makeshift RAF (USAF)" chinooks from my sim :lol:
Dan
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Garysb wrote:And we will forgive Mike as he is from over the pond it is the Army Air Corps Apache Package :D
You beat me to it, that Mike bloke will burn in hell :lol:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Do you mean New Mexico?
Steve
Kurosaki
Captain
Captain

Post by Kurosaki »

New Mex doesn't hold a candle to South Texas="northern Mexico" (Laredo) in misery as a hell proxy.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

LMAO! I'd take hell right now, it would be warmer than Ohio this time of the year, that's for sure! :smt003

I must have been drunk on happiness last night after the U.S. beat Canada in hockey!

I'll fix it.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Post by tango234 »

I have but one thing to say.
:smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Johnny Test
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Johnny Test »

Garysb wrote:And we will forgive Mike as he is from over the pond it is the Army Air Corps Apache Package
Bless you Mike, for you have sinned...Take 2 Ducks Twice a Day, And Drink Lots of Fluids...Thanks Guys! :smt006
gbl

Post by gbl »

Hi Guys. I have many of the packages installed but i am finding the Chinooks a little confusing. It says delete AF2xxxBGLs but at the end it says leave all the ones starting MAIW. Do i delete all the Red files in the bottom list even if they begin with MAIW? My Chinooks at EGVO (Odiham) follow the taxiways, but 4x body widths away from them, and take off next to the runways eg: on the grass and park on grass instead of the concrete. I take it i must somehow have 2 Afcads installed.

1AKN

1AZI

1EGH

ABBY

AFG1 TO AFG7

CAT2

CAT3

COL1

DAR1

DAR2

EGDJ

EGDN (Note there may be a AFCAD with UKMIL at the end of the title THIS SHOULD BE REMOVED as well)

EGH2

EGQL

EGUW

EGZ9

E1DM

EGDM

EGVO

OAKH

OAKN

OAZI

OTT1

OTT2

SENY

SPA1

SPA2

SPH1

SPH2

SPHW

UKN2

UKS1

UKS2

UKS3

UKSC

UKSD

X3T1

X3T2

X3T3

X3TN

X5CB

XTCC
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

gbl wrote:Hi Guys. I have many of the packages installed but i am finding the Chinooks a little confusing. It says delete AF2xxxBGLs but at the end it says leave all the ones starting MAIW. Do i delete all the Red files in the bottom list even if they begin with MAIW? My Chinooks at EGVO (Odiham) follow the taxiways, but 4x body widths away from them, and take off next to the runways eg: on the grass and park on grass instead of the concrete. I take it i must somehow have 2 Afcads installed.

Hi GBL
You must have 2 AFCADS do a search in your addon / scenery folder for EGVO

"Do i delete all the Red files in the bottom list even if they begin with MAIW?"

The answer is NO - only those that do not begin with MAIW

Cheers

Gary

edit
The second list is just a reminder for fault finding
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
gbl

Post by gbl »

Garysb wrote:
gbl wrote:Hi Guys. I have many of the packages installed but i am finding the Chinooks a little confusing. It says delete AF2xxxBGLs but at the end it says leave all the ones starting MAIW. Do i delete all the Red files in the bottom list even if they begin with MAIW? My Chinooks at EGVO (Odiham) follow the taxiways, but 4x body widths away from them, and take off next to the runways eg: on the grass and park on grass instead of the concrete. I take it i must somehow have 2 Afcads installed.

Hi GBL
You must have 2 AFCADS do a search in your addon / scenery folder for EGVO

"Do i delete all the Red files in the bottom list even if they begin with MAIW?"

The answer is NO - only those that do not begin with MAIW

Cheers

Gary

edit
The second list is just a reminder for fault finding
Thanks Garry
vanguard 954
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by vanguard 954 »

Excellant!,just a pity you left out X9FL,the helicopter repair yard at Fleetlands at the top of Portsmouth Harbour.There are chinooks,lynx,merlins and seakings test flown from there every day.Keep up the good work!
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

That comes with the Seakings
There is also HMS Ocean

I may offer a flightplan modification for the chinooks

Gary
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
vanguard 954
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by vanguard 954 »

If it is of any use,all test flight aircraft follow one route.Straight down the harbour,through the harbour entrance,then follow the coast along Southsea and Hayling Island to Selsey Bill and back again.Often they do a variety of tests off Southsea Castle,to keep the locals and tourists interested!
TH7448
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by TH7448 »

Hello,

maybe someone knows how to solve the following problem: I installed the RAF Chinooks package and was excited to see Camp Bastion in Afghanistan.
On approach Rwy 19R everything still looked good. Short before touch down, the runway started to disapear and I landet on the ground.
Unfortunately there is no stock airport for OAZI so there is also no default flatten for this airport includet in FS9.

But I figured a flatten would solve the problem because the landscape over there is a little hilly and some parts of the airport seemed to sink into the ground. I created a flatten zone by flattex but it doesn't work.

Does anyone has another idea how to get rid of this? Is there already a fix from MAIW? Which freeware program provides better flatten zones?

Would be nice to get some hints! Thank's in advance!!

Tom
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

You could try placing an apron underneath the runway. This sometimes helps solve these sorts of issues.
Dan
TH7448
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by TH7448 »

Good idea! I will try that.

Tom
TH7448
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant