The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

USAF T-1's Part 1 package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

USAF T-1's Part 1 package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Post any and all support related comments for this package in this thread.

NOTE: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX support can be had by posting questions in the MAIW Packages in FSX support thread located here:

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =15&t=6975
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: USAF T-1's Part 1 package by MAIW

Post by Joseph29 »

Is the T-1A model the same model used for the Ultimate GA Beechjet 440A package? I notice the air file in this package is named different than the UGA ones. I was hoping to put these paints in the UGA folder.
Flyin Illini
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Flyin Illini »

No it is not. It is a HTAI model.
Phantoms Phorever!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Joseph29 wrote:Is the T-1A model the same model used for the Ultimate GA Beechjet 440A package? I notice the air file in this package is named different than the UGA ones. I was hoping to put these paints in the UGA folder.
I thought it was a 400A package, in which case it uses the HTAI model. A quick check of the actual scheme names will confirm this.
Steve
DeepSea-Two-One
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by DeepSea-Two-One »

Henry rebuilt the B400A model for us when UGA put together the Beechjet package.

We ended up with four different revised models. A 400A model, two Mu-300 models - with or without thrust reversers, and a 400XP model.

The first couple years of production in Wichita the Beechjet 400 aircraft were the Mu-300 version, with the 400A coming in 1990.

The entire USAF run were 400A model aircraft. We chose not to include the USAF T-1 in the Beechjet package due to the lack of suitable AFCADs and flight plans. We also did not include the 13 JASDF T-400 aircraft.
Reggie Fields

The Story of US Navy VQ-1 PR-21 Callsign that day - DeepSea One Two Nine - http://www.willyvictor.com/History/Kore ... Korea.html

Aircraft photo - http://www.vpnavy.com/ec/vq1ec_02_17feb2002.jpg
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by swp53 »

Hi Guys,
Nice package but one small point although pedantic I know.
The T-43A's are shown as CT-43A's in the aircraft file but according to wikipedia these were T-43A's converted to executive staff transports and these were all retired and replaced by Gulfstream C-37's in 2001. Of the remaining 8 T-43A navigation trainer airframes wikipedia says 6 are based at Randolf AFB and 1 each at Buckley AFB and Peterson AFB with the Colorado ANG but I am not sure if this is correct because there is no mention of them on the Colrado ANG pages.
Once again thanks for the package.
Past Beta Tester
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi swp,
Long time no see,mate. :smt006

To add a touch more info, especially for those who love conspiracy theories, the CT-43s all went to EG&G better known as JANET. They have since been replaced there as well.
Steve
flyboy
Major
Major
Version: MSFS

Post by flyboy »

JANET! what JANET :D You mean that airline that exist that flies to places that don't exist.....

Interesting reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EG&G
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_%28airline%29
Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

The T-43A's are shown as CT-43A's in the aircraft file but according to wikipedia these were T-43A's converted to executive staff transports and these were all retired and replaced by Gulfstream C-37's in 2001. Of the remaining 8 T-43A navigation trainer airframes wikipedia says 6 are based at Randolf AFB and 1 each at Buckley AFB and Peterson AFB with the Colorado ANG but I am not sure if this is correct because there is no mention of them on the Colrado ANG pages.
There are 6 T-43s at randolph so that is correct (5 T-43As and 1 CT-43A). When we start working on packages and have most of them finished and changes occur within the units, we usually just finish the pack and make a update later. I have a friend who works at buckley and he laughed when i mentioned this to him. This is why college professors tell us not to use wikipedia. They usually have wrong info.
Phantoms Phorever!
Tom C
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Tom C »

Sorry for dragging back an older thopic guys, but as it's support for the USAF T-1A's Part 1 package I have to put it here.

Is there something in the installer that has missed some repaints or messed up the Aircraft.cfg somehow?

I've spent the better part of the last week getting all my Flightplans up to date (ish) and put in Part 1 & 2 of this package.

While checking my setup for errors just now, I've seen the following;
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.2] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.3] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.4] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.5] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.6] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.7] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.8] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.9] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.10] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.11] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.12] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.13] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.14] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.15] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.16] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.17] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.18] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.19] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.20] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.21] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.22] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.23] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.24] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.25] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.26] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.27] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.28] - No texture!
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.29] - No texture!
When I looked in the MAIW_HTAI_T1A_Part_1\aircraft.cfg - [fltsim.2] folder there was no repaint at all, and most of the others listed above are missing altogether.

I then looked in the Part 2 folder and saw what seemed to be some of the missing repaints in that file, but that Aircraft.cfg file gives no errors at all.

The title line in part 1 is;
title=HTAI Beechjet T-1A MAIW_RA_90-0404

while the title line in part 2 is;
title=HTAI Beechjet T-1A MAIW_AP_90-0404

I can see from the rest of the .cfg they are 2 different Stations, but that doesn't answer where the missing repaints are gone in Part 1?

Any help appreciated.
Regards.
Tom C.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Tom,
I am in the US for another week but if nobody solves your problem before then then drop me a pm and I will attempt to sort you out.
Steve
Tom C
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Tom C »

Thanks for the reply Steve, most likely something I've done or not done correctly here, no rush.
Regards.
Tom C.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Just need someone to checkout a waypoint AFD for this package in FS9: MAIW_AF2_RN01.bgl

First, I'm running FSX and know there can be differences with elevations/placement between the versions, but didn't expect to see a 15,000' wall close the Grand Canyon just East of KLSV. Looked up the waypoint in AFCAD, a 13000'x328 concrete runway that has an elevation of 15,000' and pattern alt of 16,000'?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well I would help you but as I don't have FSX I can't really check this out.
It maybe something to do with the runway width try reducing it to 7' width and 50' in length to see if that improves anything.
Steve
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks firebird, that was my main question as I thought most waypoint AFD's were very small runways for the AI to go to, one should not actually see them in the sim only on the GPS. Regardless if it is FS9 or X, just could not understand the reason for the 13000' runway showing. Re-downloaded the waypoint from the resources section, but will just do as you suggested and change the point. Just for future reference, is this the standard format for all MAIW waypoints, 7'x50'?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

To be completely honest, I don't know if there is standard for these sorts of runways. I just checked against another one and used its parms. As you are not meant to see the runway, or use it, the smaller the better. I even dabled in having the surface as water to make it even more transparant.
Steve