The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Spanish Hornets package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Spanish Hornets package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Post any and all support related comments for this package in this thread.

NOTE: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX support can be had by posting questions in the MAIW Packages in FSX support thread located here:

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =15&t=6975
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: Spanish Hornets by MAIW

Post by kungfuman »

Sorry, I know this isn't support related - delete my post if necessary

Thanks again for yet another fantastic package!
Dan
james84

Post by james84 »

kungfuman wrote:Sorry, I know this isn't support related - delete my post if necessary

Thanks again for yet another fantastic package!
Fully quoted!
I'll install it tonight, I'm at the University right now!
jerel2k7
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jerel2k7 »

I am using GCLP scenery by Aerosoft for FS2004. After using SCANAFD I have a AF2_GCLP_AEROSOFT.bgl as well as the MAIX_AFX_GCLP.bgl file installed now. Is the Spanish Airbases/MAIW AFCAD2 compatible with the Aerosoft scenery?

I also have Project Canarias 2006 - CANARYSIM installed. Looks like that scenery also references that area - GCLA.

Thank you for another very nice package.
AVSIM Library Director
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

It isn't designed to be specifically compatible with any 3rd party scenery, but it matches Google Earth exactly, and as such should merge seemlessly. You will need to deactivate the AFD for the scenery you are using, and also the Scenery of GCLP listed in the folder "Addon Scenery\MAIW Spanish Airbases\Scenery". I am not sure what the scenery you refer to is like so I cannot tell you if it will fit, you'll have to check and let us all know. I'm guessing you won't get all the Military Scenery though, just the civil.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
jerel2k7
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jerel2k7 »

Nick,

I left both sceneries activated. LETO and LEZG look great. I wanted to attach (do not see attachment button) two screenshots of the result at GCLP. It appears the only problem is the military ramps are white. I will do some AI spotting there to see if the traffic moves correctly.

Thanks,

Jerel
AVSIM Library Director
Johnny Test
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Johnny Test »

nickblack423 wrote:You will need to deactivate the AFD for the scenery you are using, and also the Scenery of GCLP listed in the folder "Addon Scenery\MAIW Spanish Airbases\Scenery".
Nick:

I deactivated my C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\scenery\AF2_GCLP.bgl, from my Aerosoft Canary Islands 2004 scenery. But are you also saying to deactivate C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\MAIW_Spanish_Airbases\Scenery\MAIW_AFX_GCLP.bgl too?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

What he means is that the AFD supplied is guaranteed only to fit his addon scenery. If you use his scenery you will need to deactivate the afcad you are currently using, plus possibly the that entire scenery if the MAIW AFD doesn't fit it.

If you choose not to use the MAIW addon and AFD then you will need to mod whichever one you do use to add the MAIW parking. So make sure you keep a copy safe before you begin.

Does this help?
Steve
Johnny Test
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Johnny Test »

Firebird wrote:If you choose not to use the MAIW addon and AFD then you will need to mod whichever one you do use to add the MAIW parking. So make sure you keep a copy safe before you begin.
Hookie Dookie...Thank You!
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Another great package and another big thanks. :D

Hey Ray, sorry but your Hornets are now on retirement...They did their job very well.

Giorgio
foufure

Post by foufure »

I've Aerosoft Canary scenery. I remove the AF2 file from this scenery.

I just keep the MAIW AFX file, but no runway, no taxiway and no appron are visible. I've verified the altitube between the Canary scenery and the MAIW AFX file, it's correct. How can I see the runway, taxiway and appron ?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Which scenery is higher up your list?

It may be that you have the aerosoft one higher, and it has one or more excludes. If so then this will wipe out the MAIW afcad.
Steve
foufure

Post by foufure »

The higher scenery is the MAWI scenery of course !
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hmmm. It sounds like either something else is stamping over it or your system can't see the MAIW afcad. Have you tried copying it to the Aerosoft scenery directory to see if it shows up then?
Steve
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Thud »

Hi Guys,

Lovely package! Great addition to the AI world. However, just by coincidence I parked a chopper between 3 x EF-18A's parked at the "last change" area near runway 3R, looking from the outside to check if I parked it in line with the Hornets I noticed that they all are the same Hornet ; C15-74/46-02
"He saluted us with something fighter pilots understand, a buzz job by the boss"
Jack Broughton - Going Downtown
Thud
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Thud »

Update : This was at Gando........and making some further tours around the ramps and guys, they are all the same Hornet! Something must have slipped in the flightplans for Ala 46!!
"He saluted us with something fighter pilots understand, a buzz job by the boss"
Jack Broughton - Going Downtown
gkeeley
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by gkeeley »

Thanks for yet another great package. I also have the same F-18 showing up many times at GCLP, also after installing,i ran ACA2007 Light and it picked up a mistake in the CFG file for the C-130,T10-04. The CFG texture entry is different to the texture file name.
Apart from that, Great.Thanks
Gary
gkeeley
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by gkeeley »

AC#67 in the flightplan text file is very popular. The sequence should be AC#67 to AC#88.
Cheers
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Good catch fellas. Looks like there was a mix up during the final packaging after testing on this one. No biggie, we're working on fixing it right now for you. Stand by. :wink:

I have temporarily disabled the download link until we get a new version up. When we have the files corrected, we'll post them here as well so you don't have to download the whole package over again.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Terribly sorry about this guys. The FPs have somehow managed to be reverted back to an earlier version. These things happen, and I will get the problems sorted ASAP and we will have a replacement file for you very shortly.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"