The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

NAS Lemoore V2 package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: NAS Lemoore V2 package by MAIW

Post by campbeme »

Victory103 wrote:Just noticed a possible issue with the FP's, had a section from VFA-113 in my airspace and noticed they were at low altitude, around 3000' MSL, and flying from KCOF to KNLC. Checked all the FP's for the package and noticed all flights are filed to fly under 10,000'. Was this planned or is there an issue with the alt. block in the FP line, ie "032" instead of "320"?
Thats the way I did them. Feel free to alter your own set up to how you like them.

Mark
Mark
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

was there an aircraft carrier use in this package, if so were can i find it?
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Readme will tell you what to do.

Mark
Mark
FCRO
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by FCRO »

In this package the plane actually lands in a ship??

because i saw an afcad file for USS Abraham Lincoln CVN-72
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

FCRO wrote:In this package the plane actually lands in a ship??

Not quite....The aircraft perform wave off approaches, they do not land on the ship. What you need to download to view this is all explained in the readme which comes with the NAS Lemoore V2 package. Or click the link below.

http://www.interkultur.de/gossmann/fsx/ ... e%20V2.htm

I biased but it is very cool to watch.

Mark :D
Mark
FCRO
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by FCRO »

campbeme wrote:

Not quite....The aircraft perform wave off approaches, they do not land on the ship. What you need to download to view this is all explained in the readme which comes with the NAS Lemoore V2 package. Or click the link below.

i think i did not install something right :?

which scenery folder refers to the ships??

thanks
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

FCRO wrote:
campbeme wrote:

i think i did not install something right :?

which scenery folder refers to the ships??

thanks
Have you followed the Readme and downloaded the Third Party Scenery from Flightsim.com?

Mark
Mark
Flyin Illini
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Flyin Illini »

this has nothing to do with anything wrong with the package. But VFA-125 has stood down, actually last month and transitioned into VFA-122. VFA-125 will stand up again when the navy gets F-35s. I saw pictures of VFA-122 painted F/A-18Cs and had to do research on it.
Phantoms Phorever!
Corvette99
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Corvette99 »

I seem to have shrubs & trees all over the ramp and taxiway areas . Is this a scenery setting adjustment or install problem ?
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Lemoore NAS V2 trees on ramp

Post by shaggy22 »

do you have Sbuilder? the best way would be to create an exclude for the area which will get rid of those trees. You can also do it with ade9x but i don't know if that will interfere with the scenery
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
Corvette99
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Lemoore NAS V2 trees on ramp

Post by Corvette99 »

shaggy22 wrote:do you have Sbuilder? the best way would be to create an exclude for the area which will get rid of those trees. You can also do it with ade9x but i don't know if that will interfere with the scenery
don't have either . thanks anyway ! I'll just live with the bushes . I don't want to screw anything up .
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

What you have there is a known FSX issue....unfortunatly for you the Lemoore package is designed and tested only for FS9. But many FSX users have been able to cut down the forest, hopefully one of the FSX users can assist you.

Mark
Mark
ricktk
Captain
Captain

Post by ricktk »

In FS9, an exclude will work, but not in FSX. What you need is to either use ADEX or SBuilderX to put an Airport Background polygon under those areas, marking as "Flatten Mask Class Map ExcludeAutogen". The reason for this is that the default FSX airport background polygon does not match the area of the new afcad for Lemoore.

Following Martin Grossmann's guide available over at the Owl's Nest is essential. When it comes to the excellent afcads supplied by MAIW (there for FS9) and putting them in FSX, it is potluck. Sometimes, they work great and sometimes they need some adjustments. And in some cases, I have had to redo them from scratch starting with the default FSX airport and adjusting and changing almost everything, but especially making sure I match the number and kind of parking spots ( a very long an involved process). This is because MS paid very little attention to military airfields, and also some airfields are not located the same as they were in FS9.
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
Corvette99
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Corvette99 »

campbeme wrote:What you have there is a known FSX issue....unfortunatly for you the Lemoore package is designed and tested only for FS9. But many FSX users have been able to cut down the forest, hopefully one of the FSX users can assist you.

Mark
Does anyone have a fix file for? It would be greatly appreciated!
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by hawk_sh »

I fixed the issue regarding the disappearing FCLP markings at NAS Lemoore as well as NAS Kingsville and NAS Meridian by modifying the placement files.

@MAIW staff: Is ot OK to post these modified files as I am not the author?
Hartwig

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Send them to me via PM and I will incorporate them into the actual packages and reupload them for anyone who might download them in the future. I will also post them to the official support threads for those packages.

Thanks for doing that.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

I have posted a fix for the problem FSX users are having with trees and bushes over the concrete.

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... 715#p93715

This fix is for FSX users only and should not be used in FS9.

Mark
Mark
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I was using ACA2005v1.6 tonight and noticed that when running "aircraft not assigned to a flightplan" 3 errors come up. They are MAIW_NBAI_FA18C_USN_NE_VFA-151_164731, MAIW_NBAI_FA18C_USN_NE_VFA-151_164896, and MAIW_NBAI_FA18C_USN_NE_VFA-151_164897. There is no flightplans for these 3 planes?

I had this package installed for a long time, I don't know how I missed these errors until now.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Joseph29 wrote:I was using ACA2005v1.6 tonight and noticed that when running "aircraft not assigned to a flightplan" 3 errors come up. They are MAIW_NBAI_FA18C_USN_NE_VFA-151_164731, MAIW_NBAI_FA18C_USN_NE_VFA-151_164896, and MAIW_NBAI_FA18C_USN_NE_VFA-151_164897. There is no flightplans for these 3 planes?

I had this package installed for a long time, I don't know how I missed these errors until now.
All explained in the Readme. There is no error.

Those 3 are aboard the Carrier off San Diego. The FP is an optional install.

Mark
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

campbeme wrote:
Joseph29 wrote:I was using ACA2005v1.6 tonight and noticed that when running "aircraft not assigned to a flightplan" 3 errors come up. They are MAIW_NBAI_FA18C_USN_NE_VFA-151_164731, MAIW_NBAI_FA18C_USN_NE_VFA-151_164896, and MAIW_NBAI_FA18C_USN_NE_VFA-151_164897. There is no flightplans for these 3 planes?

All explained in the Readme. There is no error.

Those 3 are aboard the Carrier off San Diego. The FP is an optional install.

Oh ok I remember that. I was confussed cause I thought it was just to add static aircraft (I don't like static aircraft) so I didn't install that option.