The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

USAF E-3 Sentry Package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: E-3 Package

Post by Greg »

swp53 wrote:Chris "Elvis" Jones produced E-3A, E-3B, E-3C, E-3D, E-3F and JE-3C models for AI use.

Therefore why use the E-3A model in the package, accepting you also have the JE-3C under E-3C ?
Because the E-3B and E-3C in Elvis' USAF package use the same model as the E-3A, so you can place the textures in the E-3A aircraft folder.

If you zipdive in Elvis' E-3B/C package you'll see that the model is named E-3A by the way.

HTH,

Greg
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

E-3 Package

Post by swp53 »

Hi,
Question Answered, Thanks.
Regards,
Steve.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: USAF E-3 Sentry Package by MAIW

Post by Victory103 »

Almost 3 yrs since a post but here's my issue with the Kadena AB RODN AFCAD included in the package:

Runway 5R, I can see all hold short nodes look to be within the range for the runway. AI will still taxi to the hold short, and hang up. When testing with my flyable, everything works including "Request/Tower". Landing AI have no issues.

This is forwarded from the recent activity on the Kadena AB AI package thread. I needed the E-3's so finally downloaded a missed MAIW package (thought I had all US ones). Haven't noticed any issues so far with 5L, just AI parked on the "East" ramps that use 5R.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

Hello

I am currently updating this package and will look at the issues you mentioned....
Ta
barry
Barry
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by kungfuman »

Victory103 wrote:Runway 5R, I can see all hold short nodes look to be within the range for the runway.
Hi, a common error is that people forget the hold-short must be within the required range of the actual runway surface, ie. not the blastpad/overrun.

At Kadena, the hold short nodes for rwy 5R are only within range of the blastpad. They need to be within range of the usable runway surface.

I've done a file with the problem you refer to (and another related potential problem) resolved. But I can't see the "Attach" button to upload it here... :oops:
Dan
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

The don't have to be in that range that AFCAD specifies. You can get away with them being further away but you have to experiment with it.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

Aha, that must be why the rwy 05L hold short node was slightly outside that range, but still works...
Last edited by kungfuman on 15 Jan 2010, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks I will look into it as well. I noticed that about the holdshort nodes on 5R, now on the opposite end 23L, I had the AI taxi into position but never depart or seem to recognize being on the runway. Actually had a runway incursion with a MC-130 on 23L and a KC-135 landing. Also, 2x F-15's taxied to the same spot, on 23L, and for the first time, they lined up exactly on top of each other, very weird as I switched to Traffic Explorer, again they hung up and whoosh gone.

I've made my own changes to get the Pavehawks to park in the correct spots. Noticed some of the taxi links need slight tweaking as well.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

By the way, 23L was missing a hold short node. That is why you observed problems there as well. The main taxiway had a hold short, but apron route that joins the runway there is closer to the end of the line of black runway links, so AI will use it instead, even though it was set as "closed". Therefore, I have disconnected it from the runway (in a subtle manner, so as not to ruin the visual effect :wink: ). Another solution would be to change the last two most North-Easterly black runway links to apron links, thus making the AI use the correct runway entry point (which already has a hold short node), as this is now the end of the line of black runway links.

In fact, my updated fix will exhibit this method.

Additionally, because I'm moving the 05R threshold closer to the end of the runway (consistent with aerial photography), I can now place the hold-short nodes at a more realistic distance from the runway. It's one of my pet hates: having aircraft hold short of the runway, but being so close to the runway that they may as well not have bothered!
Last edited by kungfuman on 15 Jan 2010, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

OK, its done and tested!

Mike JG has posted it below...
Last edited by kungfuman on 15 Jan 2010, 00:06, edited 3 times in total.
Dan
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

Cheers Mike :D
Last edited by kungfuman on 15 Jan 2010, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Here, I'll put it in my post so you can't muck it up..... :mrgreen:
Attachments
MAIW_AF2_RODN_DEFAULT_JG.zip
(23.93 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log