The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

NAF Atsugi package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

NAF Atsugi package by MAIW

Post by Greg »

Post any and all support related comments for this package in this thread.

NOTE: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX support can be had by posting questions in the MAIW Packages in FSX support thread located here.
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: NAF Atsugi package by MAIW

Post by shaggy22 »

In the words of Borat:

"Very Nice" :smt023
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
maverick69
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by maverick69 »

Wonderful package!
In the RJTA AFCAD the parking spot 87-89, 110-118 seems one over each others
- Maurizio C.
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Same with parking spots 255 & 256 -both in the same place
Regards,

Alan
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

That's correct....designed it that way. Parking is a premium at Atsugi, so rather than have transients disappear on landing we have stacked overflow parking in the closed hangars. Small compromise to a great package.

I would advise people when choosing a start location to stay in the top 60 spaces you should not be in a hangar then.

Enjoy folks.

Mark
Mark
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

Just to be clear, the AFD file has been designed in such a way that those "overlaid" parking spots will generally only be used as a last resort. Most AI traffic will appear on the ramps where possible.
Dan
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Wonderful pack! Thanks to all involved.
A question for Ray.
It is suggested to install his Orion Package. I've already installed an older pack from Steve Phillips (jmsdf.zip from Avsim) where there where the same number of repaint (by Ray) and FP.
Is there something different or it's the same?
I mean...is there some new texture if I downolad it from Ray site?

Thanks, Giorgio
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

campbeme wrote:That's correct....designed it that way. Parking is a premium at Atsugi, so rather than have transients disappear on landing we have stacked overflow parking in the closed hangars. Small compromise to a great package.

I would advise people when choosing a start location to stay in the top 60 spaces you should not be in a hangar then.

Enjoy folks.

Mark
Thanks Mark. Not sure how others feel but I think I'd rather have aircraft disappearing on landing than having 2 parked aircraft on the same space. Might be worth conducting a straw poll to find out majority preference on this.
Regards,

Alan
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Alan Robertson wrote:
campbeme wrote:That's correct....designed it that way. Parking is a premium at Atsugi, so rather than have transients disappear on landing we have stacked overflow parking in the closed hangars. Small compromise to a great package.

Enjoy folks.

Mark
Thanks Mark. Not sure how others feel but I think I'd rather have aircraft disappearing on landing than having 2 parked aircraft on the same space. Might be worth conducting a straw poll to find out majority preference on this.
How you going to see them in a closed hangar?
Mark
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Alan Robertson wrote:
They did Alan. In the construction and beta forum. Is there another opinion that should count?
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

If you didn't look at the AFD file using AFCAD, you wouldn't even know about the stacked parking spots. So I don't see how they're a problem "in sim".

We design files for use in FS9. What they look like in programs such as AFCAD is not particularly relevant.

HTH
Last edited by kungfuman on 12 Jun 2010, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

bismarck wrote:Wonderful pack! Thanks to all involved.
A question for Ray.
It is suggested to install his Orion Package. I've already installed an older pack from Steve Phillips (jmsdf.zip from Avsim) where there where the same number of repaint (by Ray) and FP.
Is there something different or it's the same?
I mean...is there some new texture if I downolad it from Ray site?

Thanks, Giorgio
Hey Giorgio,

The ones on Rays site have individual colourful squadron marking, rather than just White.

They look ace.

Mark
Mark
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Thanks Mark. :)
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

both P3's are on my site, colour full tails (a mix of retro with new) or just the all over light grey. you can decide what ones you want but all work from the same CFG just dont put both in your sim. nice package Mark really makes ATSUGI stand out now 8)
aljude
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by aljude »

kungfuman wrote:If you didn't look at the AFD file using AFCAD, you wouldn't even know about the stacked parking spots. So I don't see how they're a problem "in sim".

We design files for use in FS9. What they look like in programs such as AFCAD is not particularly relevant.

HTH
The AFD should not be viewed with AFCAD as it is an AFX bgl... any changes made with AFX will not show in sim after opening it with AFCAD.

Tony
Time travel does exist, i just discovered it next week...
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

kungfuman wrote:If you didn't look at the AFD file using AFCAD, you wouldn't even know about the stacked parking spots. So I don't see how they're a problem "in sim".

HTH
Mmmm. The parking spots (255 & 256) that I noticed as being stacked are not under a hanger in my sim, they're out in the open on a hard standing and, therefore, highly noticeable with 2 planes on the same spot. So, am I missing a hanger at this location?
Regards,

Alan
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Alan Robertson wrote:

HTH
Mmmm. The parking spots (255 & 256) that I noticed as being stacked are not under a hanger in my sim, they're out in the open on a hard standing and, therefore, highly noticeable with 2 planes on the same spot. So, am I missing a hanger at this location?
Ok Alan, now that is sounding like something I need to Check as the hard standing should not have a stacked spot. I will get back to you later maybe tomorrow I'm getting ready for the big game at the mo.

Stay tuned Matey.
Mark
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Hey Alan,

So I did some checking, I started FS9 at Atsugi parking 255 see image below.

When viewed from AFX it put me right where I said it would be stacked in a closed hanger 12 spots on top of each other.

So im not sure what you are seeing, are you saying you do not have the Hangars?

Mark
Mark
starlifterfan
Captain
Captain

Post by starlifterfan »

Great package MAIW crew , Mr. Ray Parker thank you for the P-3s , 100% awesome job.....(as always).
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Hi Mark. That's correct, no hanger covering parking spots 255 & 256 in my sim (FS9). Looking at it from roughly the same angle as your screenshot, I only have the hanger in the foreground but not the 2 following on into the distance from that.
Regards,

Alan