The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

NAF Atsugi package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: NAF Atsugi package by MAIW

Post by campbeme »

First thing I would do is re install the package. Also can you post a pic?

Mark
Mark
jetman155
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

Post by jetman155 »

Oh man!! Love the Atsugi Package. I used to be stationed there when I flew with VFA-195 and it was on the mark. You even have the NIppi Bldg. Outstanding package.... It is about time someone did some justice.... Great Job.... :smt003
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

jetman155 wrote:Oh man!! Love the Atsugi Package. I used to be stationed there when I flew with VFA-195 and it was on the mark. You even have the NIppi Bldg. Outstanding package.... It is about time someone did some justice.... Great Job.... :smt003
Thanks Jetman,

I agree John Stinsrtom did another fantastic Job with this scenery.

Mark
Mark
swp53
Captain
Captain

Post by swp53 »

Hi Mark,
Nice package, but I see Ray got the credit for my 15 waypoints (SWP_) lol.
No big deal though :D
Regards,
Steve
Past Beta Tester
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

swp53 wrote:Hi Mark,
Nice package, but I see Ray got the credit for my 15 waypoints (SWP_) lol.
No big deal though :D
Regards,
Steve
Im sure I put both your names into the Afcad credits as promised. Im at work at moment I will check when I get home and certainly correct it if I have missed you.

EDIT. Stephen, I will get the incorrect name corrected today. thanks for the nudge.

Mark :D
Mark
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I am wondering if you have a rogue exclude for the base in your system. It might be worth checking that.
Steve
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Hey all after a little help please, so far one member is having a little trouble with the scenery not showing all the hangars and control Tower on the F-18 side ofthe base.

The picture below shows how the Base as it is meant to look, can you let us know if yours does not look like the below.

If someone else does have a issue we can start eliminating scenery clashes etc.

Thanks

Mark
Mark
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I looked specifically for slots 255/256 and found that there was no hangar issue. Here are the spots in the hangar right next to the tower.

Steve
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

I have a number of excludes called "SWP_RJTA_execlude*.bgl" or something like that. You might want to make sure you don't have those interfering with the scenery.

hth
Dan
DeepSea-Two-One
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by DeepSea-Two-One »

What is your scenery density setting?

That can make some buildings not appear if it is not set to the maximum level.
Reggie Fields

The Story of US Navy VQ-1 PR-21 Callsign that day - DeepSea One Two Nine - http://www.willyvictor.com/History/Kore ... Korea.html

Aircraft photo - http://www.vpnavy.com/ec/vq1ec_02_17feb2002.jpg
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

kungfuman wrote:I have a number of excludes called "SWP_RJTA_execlude*.bgl" or something like that. You might want to make sure you don't have those interfering with the scenery.

hth
That's the answer, Dan! Well done. I had 4 exclude files in my Addon Scenery/Scenery folder with the name you've quoted. Removed the lot and now I can't move for hangers and towers at Atsugi. :D As always, the MAIW community has come up with the goods and many thanks to you all for your suggestions and the time you've devoted to try and sort out my wee problem. I'd give you all a big, fat, slobbery wet kiss if you weren't so ugly. :smt055
Regards,

Alan
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Alan Robertson wrote:
kungfuman wrote:I have a number of excludes called "SWP_RJTA_execlude*.bgl" or something like that. You might want to make sure you don't have those interfering with the scenery.

hth
That's the answer, Dan! Well done. I had 4 exclude files in my Addon Scenery/Scenery folder with the name you've quoted. Removed the lot and now I can't move for hangers and towers at Atsugi. :D As always, the MAIW community has come up with the goods and many thanks to you all for your suggestions and the time you've devoted to try and sort out my wee problem. I'd give you all a big, fat, slobbery wet kiss if you weren't so ugly. :smt055
Thats great news Alan, good find Dan.

Mark :D
Mark
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

Glad you got it sorted Alan :D
Dan
BLACKCAT
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by BLACKCAT »

Well, here's one I've not seen before. Firstly, many thanks for another first class presentation of Atsugi.

I've just loaded the Atsugi scenery (as delivered) and watched my first pair from VFA27 taxi out to RW01. The lead arrived at the holding point and sat there; after 30 secs or so the burners lit up and went out 20 secs later, and the aircraft is still sat at the hold.

I was spectating through my usual medium of TVB and the aircraft did register 'take-off' - but it didn't!

Any ideas?
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

That is odd, we never saw anything like that in BETA. Can I ask you to make sure you have removed any duplicate AFD files for RJTA. You could still have the one hidden away causing taxi problems.

I'm guessing here but must be worth a look.

Mark
Last edited by campbeme on 14 Jun 2010, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.
Mark
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

Another possibility is that TVB interfered with the behaviour of the AI. This can sometimes happen with certain models on the ground. Try slewing a short distance away from the AI aircraft you're viewing, and it may start to taxi again.
Dan
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

kungfuman wrote:Another possibility is that TVB interfered with the behaviour of the AI. This can sometimes happen with certain models on the ground. Try slewing a short distance away from the AI aircraft you're viewing, and it may start to taxi again.
Yup, if you ever feel like the aircraft is "stuck" when you are watching it with TVB, try switching momentarily to another aircraft and see if the one you were watching begins taxiing again.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Yeah I forgot about that...I usually disconnect from the affending AI then re connect as soon as Taxi starts again.

Mark
Mark
checkmate211
Cadet
Cadet

Post by checkmate211 »

hi MAIW team, i just installed this great looking package and im getting an unfortunate crash to desktop :? now heres the weird part, the base seems to be working fine under night time conditions but when i switch settings to day time it crashes upon loading :(
suggestions anyone? any would be helpful
BLACKCAT
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by BLACKCAT »

Thanks for the inputs.

The only AFCAD in use is the one provided; I didn't have another RJTA in the system. I've never had a problem like this before and I've always used TVB. I did switch views and aircraft but it didn't make any difference.

I'll take a few more looks and report back.