The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

NAF Atsugi package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: NAF Atsugi package by MAIW

Post by campbeme »

BLACKCAT wrote:Thanks for the inputs.

The only AFCAD in use is the one provided; I didn't have another RJTA in the system. I've never had a problem like this before and I've always used TVB. I did switch views and aircraft but it didn't make any difference.

I'll take a few more looks and report back.
Blackcat, has this only happened once or is it repeating with each departure?

Mark
Mark
BLACKCAT
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by BLACKCAT »

Reporting back having just popped over to Atsugi! It must have been a first-flight glitch; all appears well.

Thanks for the great work.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

:D

Mark
Mark
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

checkmate211 wrote:hi MAIW team, i just installed this great looking package and im getting an unfortunate crash to desktop :? now heres the weird part, the base seems to be working fine under night time conditions but when i switch settings to day time it crashes upon loading :(
suggestions anyone? any would be helpful
Checkmate, welcome to the boards. I've not forgot you but cannot get to my FS rig for a little while. I will come back to your post later today.

Mark
Mark
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

checkmate211 wrote:hi MAIW team, i just installed this great looking package and im getting an unfortunate crash to desktop :? now heres the weird part, the base seems to be working fine under night time conditions but when i switch settings to day time it crashes upon loading :(
suggestions anyone? any would be helpful
Normally this is due to a texture not found in your system. Did you do a manual or an automatic install?
There should be 3 textures for your FS9\Scenery\World\Texture folder. Did they get installed?
Steve
checkmate211
Cadet
Cadet

Post by checkmate211 »

Firebird, the package was installed automatically
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Checkmate,

So if you auto installed your using FS9 ok? Also what time of day are you loading up which causes the crash?

Mark
Mark
checkmate211
Cadet
Cadet

Post by checkmate211 »

Firebird, yes Fs9 works perfectly fine, lemoore is the only other package i have on there and its works just fine no problems, as to the times im gonna have to get back to you on that

the times in which the base is fuctional is 20:00 and 4:00, the rest of the times make the sim crash
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

checkmate211 wrote:Firebird, yes Fs9 works perfectly fine, lemoore is the only other package i have on there and its works just fine no problems, as to the times im gonna have to get back to you on that

the times in which the base is fuctional is 20:00 and 4:00, the rest of the times make the sim crash
PM Inbound

Mark
Mark
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Checkmate,

Check your messages I have sent you a file and a test I would like you to try. Lets say I have a hunch, as you say you only have 1 other package installed from us.

Mark
Mark
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

i have just updated all 94 JMSDF P3's with a newer and much clearer textures on the tail (these were one of my first paints i did so they wernt up to scratch) i know it means downloading and replacing the textures but i think its worth the 5 mins it will take.
remember the plain tails are also available for those who like to keep it real 8)
Bora

Post by Bora »

Anyone else having Tokyo tower on the same frequency as Atsugi tower ? Kind of annoying to hear al this "Japan Air" traffic...
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Bora wrote:Anyone else having Tokyo tower on the same frequency as Atsugi tower ? Kind of annoying to hear al this "Japan Air" traffic...
No not me I'm afraid. Have you got a custom afcad installed for Tokyo, because the default does not clash with Atsugi radio.

Mark
Mark
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Bora wrote:Anyone else having Tokyo tower on the same frequency as Atsugi tower ? Kind of annoying to hear al this "Japan Air" traffic...
Yup, I've got the same issue. I have custom sceneries installed for both Tokyo Narita (RJAA) and Tokyo Haneda (RJTT) that are using the same Tower frequency of 126.2 that's been set up for Atsugi. Hard to get a word in edgeways. :)
Regards,

Alan
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Post by tango234 »

I got that with FSX, the MAIW coningsby and ACG Marham are on the same channel-I just edited the comm frequency of coningsby with ADE9X and it sorted it out no problem.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Guys,

The Tower frequency is set to 123.9 as in real life. Obviously when producing packages we try to be as real as possible. But one thing we cannot do is know what other third party addons you have installed which might clash with our real as possible packages.

Its a easy fix even for the novice, just open one of your offending airport AFD files (AF2, ADE, AFX) using the appropiate AFD programme. Then using the list menu press Comm Frequencies..., select the Tower feq turning it blue, then press the Properties button and edit the frequency to your choice.

Hope this helps you, just shout up if you still need help.

Mark
Mark
Bora

Post by Bora »

I have no other custom scenery or AFCAD's for Japan installed... On my PC the tower frequency at Atsugi (after installing the MAIW package) is set to 126.200 instead of 123.900

Besides Tokyo tower I also get Shimofusa tower on that frequency... (126.200)

Would like to change the frequency manually from 126.200 to 123.900, but I guess the AFX file can not be changed using AFCAD ?
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kungfuman »

You'll have to buy AFX or install ADE.
Dan
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

ok..ok :oops:

For those who want 123.9 as the Tower here you go. :)

Mark
Attachments
MAIW_AFX_RJTA_Custom.bgl
(31.02 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Mark
Bora

Post by Bora »

Yep, that works !

Thanks for the quick "fix"... :wink: