The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

French Hercules and Transall package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
nigelf
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: French Hercules and Transall package by MAIW

Post by nigelf »

Hi WIAW. I am having a little trouble at LFSO. When the Transall land they laeve the runway 22 and reqest parking. when geanted by grond ATC they vanish. Is this an afcad fault? I have no other conflictind scenery.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The afcad, although it is ours, is for another package and so it hasn't been checked with this package. The afcad itself allows 2x transport parking places so its sounds like you already have two aircraft using them.

A quick check reveals that we didn't actually send any C-130s or C-160s to LFSO, so how is it that you are getting this problem?
Steve
gvbeek
Captain
Captain

Post by gvbeek »

nigelf wrote:Hi WIAW. I am having a little trouble at LFSO. When the Transall land they laeve the runway 22 and reqest parking. when geanted by grond ATC they vanish. Is this an afcad fault? I have no other conflictind scenery.
I've got this problem too, not at LFSO, but at Bodo (scenery by David Bernard) and NAS Rota (MAIW package).
At Bodo the civil planes vanish and the military, leaving the active runway on the other side, are taxiing to the shelters. :?
- Gert van B.
nigelf
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by nigelf »

Hi guys. I am having a little trouble with this package. All looks good but at LFSO when the C160's land, they at runway 22 and request parking from ATC they turn off the runway and once granted parking they vanish.
Is this an Afcad fault. I do not have any other LFSO afcad that I can see. There are plenty of vacant parking spots for them to go to. The only thing that I have noticed is when ATC give authority for parking there is no taxi way directions. Has anyone else having this trouble?
nigelf
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by nigelf »

I will check, perhaps I have another set of flighplans that I am not aware of. :oops:
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Whilst you are checking on your traffic I will explain what I believe is the issue about the parking spots.

There are many parking spots at LFSO but only two are designed big enough to take cargo aircraft. What I think is happening is that you already have two aircraft bigger than the majority of fighter slots at the base and so they take those slots. If this is the case then when cleared to park the aircraft will disappear if there is no slot big enough to take the new arrival.
Steve
DeepSea-Two-One
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by DeepSea-Two-One »

nigelf wrote:but at LFSO when the C160's land, they at runway 22 and request parking from ATC they turn off the runway and once granted parking they vanish.
If there are no empty parking spots large enough for the aircraft - it will be deleted before the aircraft turns off the runway. I've only seen FS delete aircraft after they turn off the runway in a few unusual configurations.

One is that another just landed aircraft could have been assigned the only open parking spot but not yet confirmed the spot assignment with ATC. This normally happens only on multi-runway airports and the aircraft have to land at almost the same time.

Another is your description sounds like what happens at KNJK - El Centro, and a couple other below sea level airports. No one has ever figured out how to fix that problem to my knowledge. That apparent BSL problem should not apply here because the airport is well above sea level.

One other possibility is that because the two spots on the MAIW AFX file are both 30M in size - but overlap - the parking engine could be confused. There would be space to park two 21M aircraft such as C-130 or C-160 birds side by side. But if there was a 26M aircraft in one of the spots - FS would see the effective size of the other spot as smaller than 19M. This isn't normally an issue with many airports, but I've seen it occasionally. When you start a fight, aircraft will be parked and have wings/ radiuses overlap - but landing aircraft seem to fit into overlapped parking spots on occasion.

When you see the aircraft deleted - do you have any aircraft in those two parking spots - which are Parking 70 and 71?

One last question - are you sure this is happening at LFSO - because there is no Rwy 22 on that airport in the MAIW AFX file?
Reggie Fields

The Story of US Navy VQ-1 PR-21 Callsign that day - DeepSea One Two Nine - http://www.willyvictor.com/History/Kore ... Korea.html

Aircraft photo - http://www.vpnavy.com/ec/vq1ec_02_17feb2002.jpg
DeepSea-Two-One
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by DeepSea-Two-One »

I have only two other sets of FP which send aircraft to LFSO besides the MAIW Mirages.

A flight plan package "armee_de_l_air.zip" by Andrey Afanasyev for French military civilian transports sends one Dassault F-900 there once per week.

A package "c-135fr_update.zip" by Ray Parker & Stephen Phillips sends a C-135 there - for TNG on Thursday 1237 UTC, has the aircraft RON at LFSO 4/12:56 - 5/06:18 - that aircraft should have an aircraft radius of 34M in FS2004 if you put the repaints with a MAIW installed aircraft folder, or 44M if you use the model file included in the previous version "ai_c-135fr.zip".

In either case in FS2004 the aircraft should not park on that airport. The Transall aircraft radius for FS2004 should be 22M

In FSX the KC-135 would have a parking size of 22M and the Transall would be 18M based on the wing_span values in the two aircraft.cfg files.
Reggie Fields

The Story of US Navy VQ-1 PR-21 Callsign that day - DeepSea One Two Nine - http://www.willyvictor.com/History/Kore ... Korea.html

Aircraft photo - http://www.vpnavy.com/ec/vq1ec_02_17feb2002.jpg