The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AMC East C-5's package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: AMC East C-5's package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Joe another possibility is that you have a missing seasonal texture that is crashing your sim. Try changing the season to summer or spring to see if the sim still crashes. If not, you'll know it's a missing ground texture that's the problem.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Jumpshot724
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Jumpshot724 »

I just tried that Mike. Same problem though
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

Use Process Monitor whilst running FS and reproducing the steps before the crash. It will give you masses of entries, but if you check at the time of the crash, the offending file normally shows up as the last thing accessed before the CTD begins.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 96645.aspx
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Ok well, perhaps it is/was my computer. I returned home from work today with a black screen (I had left laptop on). I shut off my laptop and restarted it, and during startup there were vertical dashed green lines across my screen. Once the windows loading bar page finished, screen went completely black again with the computer still running. I'm typing this on my friend's laptop. I'm in the process of running system tests though BIOS but I must admit I have no idea what I'm doing. The video test however did yield this so I suspect my video drivers, but don't know what to do about it:

ERROR CODE 5300:0119
"Detected a failure while writing and reading video memory. Video mode: Dh(320x200x16). Address A0040h, expected to read 0h, but read 2020202h instead"
-Joe W.

campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

A while back I had black dashed lines on start up and same error message on my Vaio. The intergrated video card had melted. The laptop only works now with the card disabled in VGA mode, this is no good for FS, so I bought a new rig.

Mark
Mark
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Well that's no good. I was able to get it to run in Safe Mode, and tried a system restore from that point to no avail. If it works in safe mode but not regular mode could it still be the drivers or should I fear the worst??

(If an admin could move this to tech-talk that would probably be best)
-Joe W.

Jumpshot724
Major
Major

AMC East C-5's package by MAIW

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Since the original was moved to "Tech-talk" when my computer crashed (resolved), I'm restarting a new topic for this because....

My computer is fixed (graphics card melted) but I'm still having the same issue with this package. I've individually deleted ALL the fials that come with it, reinstalled them all manually and automatically, with the same issue: Stewart Intl keeps crashing my sim (I think I resolved the Dover issue, but only by re-making my own Dover AFCAD). I first noticed it when flying from Syracuse-JFK, when I approached the Newburgh area the FS crashed. So I restarted the sim and went to fly starting at Newburgh, but upon loading FS minimizes and closes for no reason. Thoughts??

The real kicker is that I did some of the legwork of these AFCADs for this package, so I have NO idea why I'd be having issues....
-Joe W.

Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

I tried completely changing the AFCAD with the same crash and using my own instead of MAIW's....
-Joe W.

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

That sounds suspiciously like a missing ground texture file. It could be a road texture, river texture or ground texture.

To solve this you almost HAVE to use Procmon to see what the last file called was before the crash. If you do that, I'm almost certain you will get your answer.
-Mike G.

Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

THe process monitor program linked above?? I tried that, but the data it spits out I have no idea how to decipher....
-Joe W.

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

You can filter the data so that it only spits out certain types of data, you can even have it so that it auto-scrolls or just makes a continuous list.

You have to eliminate as much of the garbage data as you can to get down the the FS9 files that are being called. Play with the settings a bit, you'll figure it out.

Once you get it figured out, it really is a useful little proggy.

This is pretty much your only option at this point to try figure this out short of an FS9 re-install.
-Mike G.

Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Yea, the whole re-install I'm DREADING....especially since I'm probably getting a new computer for Christmas and will then move FS to that machine (maybe even upgrade to FSX!?!? :shock: )

Problem is I don't know what I'm filtering, and there's a LOT of data on that thing. Plus the help menu doesnt work lol. Ok, guess I'll have to figure it out somehow :?
-Joe W.

Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Ok, I THINK I figured out ProcMon....however I don't know what any of this means. This is the last bunch of processes before FS closed, it reads from top down with the last entry being the shutdown. Can anyone decipher this??

All 3 of these images are the same hting, just progressively larger as I cut more data off the right edge. I'm not sure what's "important"

-Joe W.

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Shrink down the "result" and "detail" columns so that you can see the full path. I think the paths are getting cut off.

You are looking for a pathway with the FS9/Scenery/World/....... path as the start. If you can find the last couple entries that have that pathway, you might see it trying to call a specific texture file from your global scenery folder. It might also be trying to call a scenery file.

But that's the pathway that I would suspect is the problem. See if you can find that. It might take a bit of filtering to find it but it should be in there somewhere.
-Mike G.

eli
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by eli »

Go figure - I waited patiently for what turned out to be a really nice package with current C-5 Units. Great work boys.

Now it looks like Stewart will be transitioning to the C-17 in the fall of 2011.

http://readme.readmedia.com/Air-Force-P ... 17/1773757
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

Wright-Patt will be soon as well.
Phantoms Phorever!