The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Eielson AFB package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I use that really useful renum utility, which also found the problem discussed as it refuses to renumber the 'Fltsim flights. If anybody wants it I can point you to it.
Steve
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

I'll release the edited config as a full patch this weekend along with the other patches
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

Yes Please Firebird

Gary
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK, Gary, and anybody else interested.

The file is hosted on ProjectAI on their utils page http://www.projectai.com/library/files.php?cat=8 and the zip is called renum and is by Scott Lookabill.

If like me you do an awful lot of manual installation of AI aircraft, it is a godsend. Like the readme says it is so small you can have a copy in each of your big folders, F-16, C-130, A-10 etc.
Steve
dexthom
Cadet
Cadet

Post by dexthom »

OK for the F16s, KC135s, I can't get the A10s to show :cry:
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

hmm check your aircraft folder to make sure its actually in there, the folder name is:

WoA_RWAI_A10
dexthom
Cadet
Cadet

Post by dexthom »

The folder is there. I went to Osan and took a look with the traffic explorer and the A10s are listed but show as F16s with no texture.
Something is really screwey!
dexthom
Cadet
Cadet

Post by dexthom »

I took a look at Andrews AFB and the A10 is listed in explorer, however
they show up as F16s with no texture. The model folders contain files refing the F16, Looks like a major screw up here, I rekon I need to get my fiddle out and start fiddling with some model folders!

I'll do a manual install to a temp folder and take a look!
dexthom
Cadet
Cadet

Post by dexthom »

The model files are all correct now and I have A10s at all locations except Eielson. I have F16s and KC-135s OK. Just for drill, I changed an originating flight to Sitka (PASI) and it worked. I'll take a break and try later. :cry:

<EDIT>

Well, I have tried everything and just can't see A10s at Eielson. The KC-135s and F-16s are coming and going, just no A10s. I rekon I will have
to do without those. I am giving up on this one!
Last edited by dexthom on 04 Mar 2007, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
wktjr

Post by wktjr »

Firebird wrote:OK, Gary, and anybody else interested.

The file is hosted on ProjectAI on their utils page http://www.projectai.com/library/files.php?cat=8 and the zip is called renum and is by Scott Lookabill.

If like me you do an awful lot of manual installation of AI aircraft, it is a godsend. Like the readme says it is so small you can have a copy in each of your big folders, F-16, C-130, A-10 etc.
I can second that recommendation. This is a must have even if you only occasionally do manual installations.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

the patch for this package is up

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=98827
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

I was working with this package over the weekend. Since I already had written flightplans previously for the PAEI C-135s and F-16s, I decompiled the package's flightplan and pulled out the A-10 flights and pasted them to my general flightplan of all the A-10s that I have on my system (not that many as of yet..). I just happened to look at the package's aircraft list and there are a ton of A-10s (four different paints and all of the different models) listed, but when I checked the texture folders, I only had one. Seems strange (are there no squadron commander repaints for A-10s?). When I check the flightplans, there's a lot of lines that are just repeats (except for some daily VFR TNG flights) but with different aircraft numbers, so what I had was a lot of planes going to the same place at the same time, and not many at PAEI (just the couple doing TNGs) - most were going to aiports in Canada). Sure enough, when I hopped into FS, at any given time I only had two A-10s at PAEI. This was usually the case no matter what time or day of the week I used. So I ended up re-writing the PAEI flightplans for the A-10s. Anybody else notice this?
delta b
Captain
Captain

Post by delta b »

Mikey,

First, there should be 6 A-10 textures with the package. There are a ton of aircraft.cfg entries because the textures can use multiple loadouts.

A word on the flightplans--the lines are not "just repeats," they are 2-ships and 4-ships. USAF fighters rarely travel by themselves; instead, they travel in groups of 2 or 4. What you see in the flightplans is 2 x 2-ships doing TNGs locally, a 4-ship making a trip to a "Maple Flag" exercise at Cold Lake AB, Canada, a 2-ship touring Alaskan bases and a 2-ship touring PACAF bases (e.g. Hickam AFB and Anderson AB). The reason there are only 12 aircraft instead of the normal 18-24 is the 355 FS is in the process of standing down and will be gone soon. At the time the plans were written, some of the jets were already gone. I think the reason you only see a couple is your installation is missing some textures. There should be 6 or more at Eielson at any given time.

Hope this clears it up a little. :D

Dan
WHAT? People actually FLY in Flight Sim???
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

Thanks, Dan. That helps alot. I'm sure these are a lot more realistic than my plans. I usually set up most of my fighter plans as two ship and stagger them by 2 minutes, because if they arrive together, one usually has to go around. 2 minutes usually gives the first one time to clear the runway. This is a compromise, but it helps bigtime with TNGs and at busy airports because when I get 4 or more planes in the pattern at one time FS tends to go haywire. This might be because my rig is pretty anemic, even by FS9 standards.

I really appreciate your work - Eielson is a lot busier now and the Eielson AFCAD (like all of your AFCADs) is a work of art. These dedicated military AI models have made realistic military bases possible for me, as there's no way I could use planes like Kirk's F-16 as AI. You folks have made my military FS experience outstanding. Thanks for your great work!

Now I have to go off and hunt for those missing textures...
delta b
Captain
Captain

Post by delta b »

Mikey,

I'm glad you're enjoying the MAIW experience! Let me know if you can't find those textures and I'll ship you a set via e-mail.

Dan
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

Thanks - I downloaded the patch and everything I needed was in there.
delta b
Captain
Captain

Post by delta b »

Sorry the patch was required--thanks for being patient! :D

Dan
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

It's all good, Dan! I really appreciate all you and the team have done for military AI. I never imagined that we'd have the great models that we have now. I hope you get to take some time off and fly for a while.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Hi guys,

I got this from Classic British Flightsim forums, a guy is reporting the following textures missing.

USAF_AK_18_074
USAF_AK_18_482
USAF_AK_18_742
USAF_AK_18_113
USAF_AK_18_354FW
USAF_AK_355_79-0178
USAF_AK_355_79-0187
USAF_AK_355_80-0189
USAF_AK_355_80-0238
USAF_AK_355_81-0979
USAF_AK_355_81-0997

He's using Version 2 of the package. As I haven't got round to installing Eielson myself, I could not check this. Can someone comment please, so I can answer the "customer" :lol:

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
delta b
Captain
Captain

Post by delta b »

Des,

Any ideas? :(

Dan