The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

RAF Tutors package by Nick Black and Greg Loones

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

RAF Tutors package by Nick Black and Greg Loones

Post by Greg »

Post any and all support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX support can be had by posting questions in the MAIW Packages in FSX support thread located here.
james84

Re: RAF Tutors package by Nick Black and Greg Loones

Post by james84 »

Well, this is a huge one!
Thanks guys, and thanks nick for this new model! Looking forward to the Rafale! :mrgreen:
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by RKE »

Nice little package :smt004

One question though, and this might be bleedingly obvious, but the UK Apache package has scenery for RAF Boscombe Down. Is this the same scenery which is now in the UK Airfields folder? Or more specifically, can I move the MAIW_AF2_E1DM_DEFAULT_GL.bgl file from the RAF Boscombe Down scenery folder to the UK Airfields folder without running afoul of something?
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

Thanks for this one. Been looking forward for this one for some time now. Cheers 8)
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

RKE wrote:can I move the MAIW_AF2_E1DM_DEFAULT_GL.bgl file from the RAF Boscombe Down scenery folder to the UK Airfields folder without running afoul of something?
Yes sir, you can completely remove the folder with the older version of RAF Boscombe Down after you've moved "MAIW_AF2_E1DM_DEFAULT_GL.bgl" to the folder "MAIW UK Airfields\Scenery" :smt045
merlin101
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by merlin101 »

Brilliant!! Worked at Cosford when they 1st arrived, great work guy's :D
Dave
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Noticed that ATC is failing to recognise the model callsign 'Tutor' as it has been installed under 'Callsigns' in Editvoicepack and not 'Aircrafts Models'. Any quick fix?
Regards,

Alan
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

Actually, "TUTOR" is also used as a callsign but it looks like you'll need an extra vcpmod file for the model.

Try this one:
Attachments
TUTOR_MODEL_VCPMOD.zip
(636 Bytes) Downloaded 94 times
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

That's done the trick, Greg. Many thanks. :D
Regards,

Alan
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by hawk_sh »

I am just installing and checking this great new package. Thanks to everyone involved.

Just one remark regarding the Airfield Construction Group RAF Leuchars scenery:
In the AFCAD file of the scenery (AF2_EGQL.bgl) I changed the parking type for all "NE parking" parking spots to "Ramp Mil Combat" and the parking code to "G115" to make the Tutors park in front of the East of Scotland University Air Squadron hangar and not between the fighters on the flightline.
Hartwig

bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Great Package and a great new little model.

Giorgio
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

For your info: there's a new version online that includes the vcpmod posted here and a readme update (we forgot to credit Gary Barker for his help with the flightplans).

If you downloaded the vcpmod directly from this thread, then you won't need to download this new version.
james84

Post by james84 »

Well, I had the chance to have a look at this new package only yesterday, and I can say I'm impressed by the amount of work involved in it, especially for the sceneries!
Well done!
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

james84 wrote:Well, I had the chance to have a look at this new package only yesterday, and I can say I'm impressed by the amount of work involved in it, especially for the sceneries!
Well done!
Thank you James. I think I can speak for both myself and Greg when I say that this was a lovely package to work on but also a pig in the you know where to get right. I only wish I had had more time to dedicate to it, especially the scenery, to make it look really stunning, but it came out good I feel.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
james84

Post by james84 »

nickblack423 wrote:
james84 wrote:it came out good I feel.

Nick
And it did! :mrgreen:
Nothing can be perfect, but it's a pleasure to see something that complete. I love discovering what the aviation world offers to us enthusiasts, and it's great to see something this unfamiliar for us non-British!
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

once again thank you all involved for another MAIW package :)
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

Thanks to all for another great package. A huge amount of work has gone into this one, it's clear to see.

One small thing I did see was the runway at EGUO Colerne Airfield was vanishing behind the ground when you run along it. A quick apron behind it solved that. It really is frustrating that FS9 flattens taxis, aprons but not runways. What an odd decision by the developers.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

regan123 wrote:One small thing I did see was the runway at EGUO Colerne Airfield was vanishing behind the ground when you run along it.
It's probably a conflict with another addon. I just checked it again in a default FS9 setup and both runways are fine.

Thanks for the nice comments :wink:
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

Tirithon wrote:
regan123 wrote:One small thing I did see was the runway at EGUO Colerne Airfield was vanishing behind the ground when you run along it.
It's probably a conflict with another addon. I just checked it again in a default FS9 setup and both runways are fine.

Thanks for the nice comments :wink:
It's a lovely little model and all the extra bases just make it a great package. I've no idea what package could be conflicting, but I'll keep looking!
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

regan123 wrote:It's a lovely little model and all the extra bases just make it a great package. I've no idea what package could be conflicting, but I'll keep looking!
Are you sure you haven't got an addon mesh or landclass for the UK? That's probably it.