The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

148th FW Minnesota ANG package by Mark Campbell

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

148th FW Minnesota ANG package by Mark Campbell

Post by Greg »

Post any and all support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX support can be had by posting questions in the MAIW Packages in FSX support thread located here.
kenn0218
Cadet
Cadet

Re: 148th FW Minnesota ANG package by Mark Campbell

Post by kenn0218 »

Been looking forward to this package for a long time! Thanks!
Pemor2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Pemor2 »

it is nice with 148 fw
Flash34
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Flash34 »

You guys did an incredible job with this package !!! I grew up in a small town to the east of duluth and always remember the F-4's and the F-16's flying out of DLH. Thanks again guys.
Derek S.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Flash34 wrote:You guys did an incredible job with this package !!! I grew up in a small town to the east of duluth and always remember the F-4's and the F-16's flying out of DLH. Thanks again guys.
Your very welcome glad you like it.

Mark
Mark
jerel2k7
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jerel2k7 »

Per the instructions I removed the following AI plane textures from the AI F-16C ANG - Plains folder. However, the Traffic_USAF_ANG_Plains.bgl is still referring to them :

AC#50,420,"HTAI F-16C MN ANG 83-157 clean"
AC#51,420,"HTAI F-16C MN ANG 83-157 normal"
AC#52,420,"HTAI F-16C MN ANG 83-157 mk84"
AC#53,420,"HTAI F-16C MN ANG 83-157 air"
AC#54,420,"HTAI F-16C MN ANG 84-235 clean"
AC#55,420,"HTAI F-16C MN ANG 84-235 normal"
AC#56,420,"HTAI F-16C MN ANG 84-235 mk84"
AC#57,420,"HTAI F-16C MN ANG 84-235 air"

Do we remove these planes from the Traffic_USAF_ANG_Plains.bgl ?

Thank you.
AVSIM Library Director
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Decompiling the traffic BGL can cause you more problems down the line, if you have removed the textures all you need to do is replace the aircraft.cfg with the optional one supplied and those old vipers will not show up again in game. It will not matter that they still show legs in the Traffic_USAF_ANG_Plains.bgl . :D

Mark
Mark
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Everything Mark says is correct, but if you are like me and like a clean 'no errors found' running through ACA2005 then you are correct that you will need to remove them.

If you are going to do it then I would recommend that you use Don G's AIFP to both de-compile and re-compile, this will at least show you errors that have crept in the process and allow you to manually amend anything to overcome the problems that Mark mentions. You may me more used to ttools to do this but it does cause problems.

Once decompiled save the base text files and you will need to remove the aircraft you mentioned from the aircraft txt file and also the associated flightplans from the flightplans txt file, in this specific case every plan using AC#50-57.
Steve
regan123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by regan123 »

Many thanks for another package. Always appreciated.
_woods
Cadet
Cadet

Post by _woods »

This is great, though I feel like I'm a bit late to the party. Live about a mile from the base, and can sit for hours watching those 16's... :D
Jalford
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Jalford »

I just recently loaded the package and all works great. I was trying to locate the AFCAD file though and have not been able to find it in any of normal locations. The only one that appears when using AFCAD2 is the stock airport. The planes are parking in their correct places though. I must be missing something. It looked under Addon Scenery/Scenery for MAIW files and nothing for Duluth. I even did a search under FS9 folder, so I must not be seeing it. Thanks.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Jalford wrote:I just recently loaded the package and all works great. I was trying to locate the AFCAD file though and have not been able to find it in any of normal locations. The only one that appears when using AFCAD2 is the stock airport. The planes are parking in their correct places though. I must be missing something. It looked under Addon Scenery/Scenery for MAIW files and nothing for Duluth. I even did a search under FS9 folder, so I must not be seeing it. Thanks.
I'm glad the package is working as it should for you. I never use Afcad anymore, try looking for an ADE9 file, sorry I can't remember the actual file name. But don't use AFCAD to open it as it may corrupt things.
Mark
Jalford
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Jalford »

No problem. I finally did find it under a 'custom objects' ADE file. I do use ADE most of the time, but just didn't recognize the file. I just needed to add some extra parking for aircraft I have flying into DLH. I think I have most of the MAIW packages and love them. Thanks!