The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Same aircraft used for different packages, aircraft.cfg ?

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Emile
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Same aircraft used for different packages, aircraft.cfg ?

Post by Emile »

Hello,
I observed that different packages use the same aircraft types, that's OK.
Example Malaisian AirForce C-130 Component : the C-130H and C-130H-30 are already present in my AI aircrafts.
I use the WOA installer (in FSX) when the "new" aircraft is copied to the FSX folder the new textures are added BUT the aircraft.cfg is overwritten by the latest so that all the information concerning the the previous flightsim.0; 1; .... are no more present...in the file.
Is this a problem?
Dis I miss something?
Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance
Emile EBBR Asus P7P67 Pro v3, Intel 1155 3.4 GH, Corsair DDR3 8Gb,PCX Nvidia 950 ti,PCX Nvidia 1050 ti,
SSD 120Gb, 2 x 1 Tera SATA6, Dual Boot . Win10 Pro X64,
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

That is interesting. I would think that more an installer question and maybe Tom from WOAI could answer for us.

http://www.world-of-ai.com/
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
f14driver

Post by f14driver »

Emile,

can you post me a screenshot of the aircraft.cfg with the package installed and without the package installed ?

I can then have a look at it
sitterwolf
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by sitterwolf »

I had the same problems in FS9.
When WOAI installer had done his work, the "aircraft.cfg" of the Hercs was overwriten. So the Canadian and the Aussies was deleted. I install them manual again and it works !
I mean, it´s a problem with the installer !
Wolf

f14driver

Post by f14driver »

well I'd like to see some form of proof for that, maybe someone can post thier aircraft.cfg's prior and after installation of these "problem" packages ?
Emile
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Emile »

Hello,
Please find several attached :
The first 2 are a screenshot take from my BACKUP FSX folder before installing the new aircrafts.
The 2 following are a screenshot of the ACTUAL aircraft AFTER installing the new aircraft.

Hope it helps.
Attachments
Backup
Backup
AI MIL Backup1.jpg (66.17 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
Emile EBBR Asus P7P67 Pro v3, Intel 1155 3.4 GH, Corsair DDR3 8Gb,PCX Nvidia 950 ti,PCX Nvidia 1050 ti,
f14driver

Post by f14driver »

Emile, thanks for those but I need to see the aircraft.cfg's maybe you can upload them here so I can go into them, the screenshot isn't the best way to analyse the aircraft.cfg
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I had this happen once before. But since then I install all the MAIW stuff manually.
wktjr

Post by wktjr »

Out of curiosity, I looked at my C-130 config files and noticed that the earlier releases are at the beginning of the file and the later releases are at the end of the file. But everything is there and I'm just throwing it out there in case its useful.
f14driver

Post by f14driver »

that's exactly why I want to see his aircraft.cfg file :wink:
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Here is mine for grins and giggles.
Attachments
aircraft.cfg
(13.25 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
f14driver

Post by f14driver »

Dan, yours looks fien to me, maybe you can install the indonesian package as well ? I'd like to see the results of that

I've installed both Malaysian and RNZAF packages in my sim and I have no missing cfg entries
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Hmmm...I DO have Indonesia installed. Here is my E file. You can see some of the Indonesian herks there. They are missing in the H config.
Attachments
Aircraft.cfg
(24.73 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Emile
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Emile »

Hello,
this is the aircraft.cfg from my Backup folder
Attachments
Aircraft.cfg
(10.13 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
Emile
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Emile »

Hello,
This is the aircraft.cfg after Malaysian installation
Attachments
Aircraft.cfg
(12.36 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
f14driver

Post by f14driver »

Well I see what you are having problems with.

Also I don't know what causes it. I will ask peter to have a look at this issue when he is online again, he does know the inner working of the installer the best.

In the meantime I'd reccomend a manual install of the package if you suffer from this problem.

Deinstall the malaysian package first, this should get your aircraft.cfg back as it was prior to installation.

Then add the malaysian package manually
Emile
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Emile »

Hello,
I have controlled all the installed packages and have made the manual corrections to the aircraft.cfg files when needed. 8)
Thanks for assistance.
f14driver

Post by f14driver »

Emile, I'd appreciate it if you can tell me which packages were errored on your system so we can investigate why these are going wrong.

Thanks in advance
sitterwolf
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by sitterwolf »

Maybe I can help?

On my system, only the last two packages (the New Zealand and the Malaysian) makes an error in the aircraft.cfg of the C-130 H.
Wolf

f14driver

Post by f14driver »

Thanks, we will start to look deeper in these packages.