The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Nick Black...

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
magic1085
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Nick Black...

Post by magic1085 »

Thanks for your fantastic AB FX that you did for the B-1.

I have been searching high and low for good AB to replace the ones on my fighters...and just had the idea to throw your's onto the some tornado's as a test, and they worked perfectly...and look great on the rest of the fighters I have tried as well...

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Matt
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Sorry Matt but I cant take any credit for the AB on the B1. It is from an original effect by Henry Tomciewicz for his F-16. He has very kindly given us permission to use this effect on our AI planes, and it has become the only one we use. So thanks very much for your appreciation but I can take no credit for it, I just made the model along with help from Rysiek, and of course many other guys here on the MAIW team.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

nickblack423 wrote:Sorry Matt but I cant take any credit for the AB on the B1. It is from an original effect by Henry Tomciewicz for his F-16. He has very kindly given us permission to use this effect on our AI planes, and it has become the only one we use. So thanks very much for your appreciation but I can take no credit for it, I just made the model along with help from Rysiek, and of course many other guys here on the MAIW team.

Nick
Nick,

Not that it makes a lot of difference, but that is not totally correct. The fx_F16_ab.fx effect file was done by Henry Tomkiewicz and Graham King together and I customized that fx_F16_ab.fx effect file to make the fx_NBAI_B1B_ab.fx effect file.

I did this to time the lighting of the afterburners for the NBAI B-1B more correctly and to delay their shutdown until it departs the runway heading after takeoff.

For the USAF Dyess B-1B package update, and with his permission, I also customized one of Nick Needham's engine smoke effects to make the fx_nicksmokeAI_nbai_b1b effect file so that the thin NBAI B-1B engine smoke appears at the exact time that the afterburners shutdown.

All of this is noted at the top of the NBAI B-1B aircraft.cfg file.

I have also customized almost all of the afterburner effect files for the MAIW AI models by customizing their texture sizes, adjusting their delay and duration times and/or redirecting their flame vectors when necessary, such as for your NBAI Jaguars.

Mike
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Mike I stand corrected, I knew all this of course but I was only talking about the source files really. Apologies, if you feel I undercredited your work, didnt mean to, cos your work is very very important here, as you know you are probably the first person I contact each time with a new model.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
magic1085
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by magic1085 »

Then well done to all of you! LOL

I doesn't so much matter WHO made it, just that it DOES look phenomenal on the Tornados, -16s and -15s I have tried it on!

Thanks again guys, your hard work is much appreciated!