The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Ferrari Museum in Modena, Italy

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
james84

Ferrari Museum in Modena, Italy

Post by james84 »

Hi all,
last week the company I work for organized a Christmas meeting and offered all the Italian employees a nice trip in the town of Modena, where the company's biggest office is.
Modena means "cars", and the venue selected for the event was the recently opened and spectacular Enzo Ferrari Museum (not to be confused with the Galleria Ferrari in nearby Maranello).
The museum could be visited and the dinner would take place among the cars. There is an interesting exhibit dedicated to F1 these days and lots of historic cars were exposed. Please have a look and comment!

Senna's 1994 Williams (I read it'ìs a 1993 car painted as the one driven by the Brazilian champion actually)

Tecno E-371 driven by Chris Amon (1976)

Minardi PS-05 (2005)

Alfa Romeo 183T driven by Andrea De Cesaris (1983)

Helmets: Montoya 2002, Raikkonen 2004, Barrichello 2000, Kubica 2010

Helmets 2: Graham Hill's one is on the left

Helmets 3: (don't remember), Morbidelli, Diniz, Wurz

Helmets 4: Button 2000, Alonso 2003+HANS device, Hamilton 2008, Vettel Suzuka 2011

Helmets 5: Andretti, don't know, Gilles Villeneuve, Scheckter

Helmets 6: Senna, Prost, Mansell, Piquet

I forgot to photograph the helmets of Schumacher, Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve and

Autographed Ferrari drivers visors (Schumacher, Raikkonen, Barrichello, Irvine and Salo's are visible)

Ligier JS11 driven dy Jacques Laffite (1979)

Other cars I've not photographed are shown here
http://www.quattroruote.it/notizie/even ... la-1-video

Hope you liked it!
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Re: Ferrari Museum in Modena, Italy

Post by bismarck »

Interesting, even if I can see only one Ferrari. :D
Giorgio
james84

Post by james84 »

There were three, all visible in the first photo (one is Villeneuve's car from 1981, I think, seen from the back) but this is a temporary exhibit ending in February!
http://www.allaguida.it/articolo/museo- ... oto/62039/
sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

Great post !! By coincidence on Tuesday I visited a friend @ the local Lambo/Lotus dealer . An Aventador just happened to be in the process of having a tuneup including full rev's .2 bays away a 440 cu.in. Super Bee was going through the same process .We all agreed the Dodge won !!! My fav. in the For Sale dep't was a beautiful restored silver Lambo Silhouette.
Spent another hr. checking out their classic car collection .
No pic's
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Nice shots! Never made it to the museum in Modena but to the galeria in Maranello you mentioned. It was the after the last race in 1999. We watched it on a big screen on the market area next to the galeria. Never saw so many people in an open place at 4 a.m. :D
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Not a fan of racing - but some nice machines there! Seeing Graham Hills helmet, a close friend of my dads used to be on the Embassy Hill team during the late 60s and early seventies, and only by a quirk of fate, let one of the other mechanics take that trip back to London. And he recounted that tale every week in the pub!