The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Mike Cronin's Chipmunk

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Mike Cronin's Chipmunk

Post by f4nutter »

can or has anyone managed to view this model in FS Repaint ??? if so how did you get it to work i keep getting "C++exception" error.
Dan213
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: Mike Cronin's Chipmunk

Post by Dan213 »

Hi Ray,

I have never managed to get it to work, however, I have used ModelConverterX just to view the model and repaint. All you have to do is import the .mdl file into it and select your livery of choice in the drop-down. ALso, make sure that you have Textured render mode set to on.

Here is a screenshot to show how one of my paints shows in it:

Hope this helps :)

Dan
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

cheer's Dan but i gave up trying i changed all i could think of but it still didn't work, so it's in the bin :)
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Another way to skin the cat....rat......chipmunk, I think there is a joke there. Is to make the aircraft selectable in FS9, then add the aircraft model and WIP paint into an active aircraft folder and view it in the aircraft selection window in FS9, you can still spin it around to view it.

May help.
Mark
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

campbeme wrote:Another way to skin the cat....rat......chipmunk, I think there is a joke there. Is to make the aircraft selectable in FS9, then add the aircraft model and WIP paint into an active aircraft folder and view it in the aircraft selection window in FS9, you can still spin it around to view it.

May help.
done that, but as my FS9 take's 40 mins to load 104GB game any paint adjustment is just to painfull to load just to see what it will look like :shock:
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

f4nutter wrote:
campbeme wrote:Another way to skin the cat....rat......chipmunk, I think there is a joke there. Is to make the aircraft selectable in FS9, then add the aircraft model and WIP paint into an active aircraft folder and view it in the aircraft selection window in FS9, you can still spin it around to view it.

May help.
done that, but as my FS9 take's 40 mins to load 104GB game any paint adjustment is just to painfull to load just to see what it will look like :shock:
Just rename your main aircraft folder as Aircraft2, then create a new Aircraft folder put the default C152 in it and the Chippy, should only take a few minutes to load up then. When you've finished just change Aircraft2 folder back to Aircraft.
Mark
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

neat little trick cheers Mark.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

f4nutter wrote:neat little trick cheers Mark.
:D
Mark