The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Won the lottery?.....

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Won the lottery?.....

Post by delbydoo »

.......then come on down.

I wish.

http://www.platinumfighters.com/
dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Re: Won the lottery?.....

Post by dk1213 »

Hey I can't believe that Miss Demenour is only $275,000 :shock: . That seems low to me for a Hawker Hunter that has been in so many airshows ... maybe its a lemon now or something.

Strange. If I won the lottery, I would buy an L-39. I mean that is the closest I think you can get to a fighter jet for private people, and seems to be relatively do-able as I know there are two in hangers here at Wittman Regional owned by some rich ex fighter pilots, I never see them flying though. I think the avgas prices are ridiculous here in the US, so I don't blame them. I only know they are (were) stored in hangars there because they had them on the ramp during the airshow, but I don't even think they flew them there. They were more like "for show". There are all kinds of WW2 P-51's and other prop planes in private hands here, and judging by the price of the one in your link, that must mean there are some very wealthy pilots here as well. I never would have thought that out here in the sticks. My uncle had his private single engine license but never flies because it is too expensive. What a shame. :cry:
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Talked to the owner of a L-39 in TX at an air show. Really not much you can do with it besides demo flights, he was limited by the FAA as well so typically only static at an air show, I believe they paided for his gas, but he still paid the rental car/hotel fees.

I'm been in the GA market for about 2 yrs now, dreaming when I see any form of warbird (O-1, T-6,T-28,T-34) that I let myself believe I could afford. For the jets, I agree with the L-39, but those ex-RCAF F-5's would be very cool, but the gas and engine TBO...ouch! I decided whatever light GA I buy, I'll just paint a warbird scheme on it instead!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
dk1213
Major
Major
Version: FSX

Post by dk1213 »

Good idea man!

-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks Dan, great ideas for another 2-wheeled project I have going. Probably be in my best interest to swap the wife in for one of those pinups!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Mr. Edwards' collection just hit that site, 5 Buchons, -51D and Spit Mk9. Now I need to play the lottery. Good vid by AOPA on why he's selling his collection.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris