The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

New flight sim next year?

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
1st Shirt

Re: New flight sim next year?

Post by 1st Shirt »

Well, if they do it I hope they go with the FS architecture which allows for proper modding and add-ons. Their Trainsim has great eye candy but there's not a lot to do otherwise, and the way they handle add-ons, ridiculously overpriced! But there's always hope, I wouldn't call Trainsim a true Simulations as you have very little to do as the "driver" and very little decision alternatives, but the visuals would make a flight sim awesome.
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

I've noted the word "Steam" which has to do with an online scheme, which may mean that you have to log on to Steam and I'm not so sure where that is going...isn't that largely some kind of gaming deal where many players connect? Ron
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Steam is just a digital distributor. You can buy and download many games from Steam and then just run them offline. The whole networking part is optional.
Janeway
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Janeway »

Here's a YouTube clip that might shed more light on the upcoming FS11 which is now definitely destined to show up.....however, the developers of this "new" FS11 are likely to commit the same blunders that doomed "Microsoft FLIGHT".

I had a hunch they would bungle it - again!! - for the sake of "more" profit (as usual).

If you do watch this clip, it might make sense why you might feel you want to hang on to your FS9 boxed set...more than ever!!

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTfkPBe4kfY