The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

System Snapshot (FS9)

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
flyboy
Major
Major
Version: MSFS

System Snapshot (FS9)

Post by flyboy »

Here is a snapshot of my set-up. Would like to thank all involved for making this a fun hobby.

AI Aircraft - 28966 (includes helicopters, float planes etc.) Still use about 20% flyable aircraft for AI as model does not exist in AI form.
Number aircraft folders - 1168
Traffic BGLs - 1486
Airports Visited - 29663
# of flights - 102321
# of legs - 1969861

Scenery Layers - 474

Add - On: Ultimate Terrain Alaska, Ultimate Terrain USA, Ground Environment Pro, Flight Environment, ActiveSky 6.5, Heli2009, lot of mesh.

Packages: All of MAIW (back to WOAI days), All WOAI packages, Ultimate GA, lot of self made packages, 40 carriers, lot of GA and other.

Set Up: Mix of current world and retro. It is real hard to find and remove or update when it gets this large.

Start up time to aircraft selection screen: about 45 minutes.

Lessons learned: Keep a current backup (it takes about 8 hours to copy everything back). Current size 66.57GB. Also if I did this again, I would keep an install log to keep up with what was added and when.

System Specs: Inter(R)Core(TM)2 Duo CPU @ 2.66Ghz. 8GB Ram, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit SP1, 1TB Drive for OS, 1 TB drive for Flightsim, Nvidea GEFORCE GTS 450 with 1024MB overclocked.

Hope this info helps you with your set up.

David
Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
james84

Re: System Snapshot (FS9)

Post by james84 »

Congrats! But I think I am beating you, at least with the traffic BGLs: 1683 updated periodically and growing! :D