The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Captain Sim C-130 help

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Captain Sim C-130 help

Post by Joseph29 »

For the longest time I have had and loved the Captain Sim C-130 (for FS9), but 3 or 4 years ago I go a new computer and when I went to install my Captain Sim plane on the new computer (my current computer) I get a error saying my order number is invalid. I did ask Captain Sim for help and they gave me a exe file that they said would reset my order number, but that didn't work. Then they just gave me the run around saying to look in their knowledge base for help (I did that but everything I saw there did not help).

Up until now I have been using a nice freeware C-130, but I really want the Captain Sim plane back. Any ideas what I can do to get this plane installed again?? I have asked in the avsim forums months ago but they didn't know what to do.

Edit: it's error code #11
C-130H
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: Captain Sim C-130 help

Post by C-130H »

Joseph29,
Do you have a copy of your e-receipt? I kept a copy of mine. I had the same issue, my old computer crashed. Luckily, I kept the copy in a folder I made for flight-simming stuff. Hopefully you have a copy of your last purchase transaction that they provide after you buy anything from them.

If not, this may not be what you want to hear....You may have to purchase the C-130 product again. If you decide to make a second purchase, keep a copy of the e-receipt somewhere where you can recall it if needed. It has the purchase number on it.
Place enough force behind a brick and it will fly!
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I bought the plane from Simmarket, not from Captain Sim.
C-130H
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by C-130H »

Oh,
Ok, in that case you may need to submit a trouble ticket to Sim Market explaining what happened. They should have your information from your last purchase on file.
Hopefully they can help you out.

You stated in your original post that you contacted Captain Sim, you didn't mention Sim Market. That is why I responded with the Captain Sim reference.
Place enough force behind a brick and it will fly!
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

You know I forgot about this thread. :oops:

So here is a update, about 2 weeks ago I did wind up buying the plane again but it still will not install :evil: I get a error code #11. So now I not only do not have the C-130 but I also wasted my money. (not even the expansion KC-130 and the Gunship will not install)