The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Submission of MAIW models to IVAO MTL

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
Hippolyto

Submission of MAIW models to IVAO MTL

Post by Hippolyto »

Dear MAIW team,

I would like to know how can I ask/get your approval to submit some of your models to IVAO's MTL.

Thank you.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Re: Submission of MAIW models to IVAO MTL

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Hi there,

I'm sorry, but we do not give permission for any of our models to be hosted other than here, Avsim or Flightsim.

We have many different authors in the group as well as 3rd party authors who have given us permission to use their work.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Hippolyto

Post by Hippolyto »

Stewart Pearson wrote:Hi there,

I'm sorry, but we do not give permission for any of our models to be hosted other than here, Avsim or Flightsim.

We have many different authors in the group as well as 3rd party authors who have given us permission to use their work.
But as far as I understand, MTL does not exactly "host" planes to download each unit, just use them as multiplayer traffic...

...I mean, when someone logs in, and see other people online, he will see the model avaliable at MTL; but won't fly it.

That is how I understand it. Sorry if I am wrong.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

It might seem that it is different to what Stew says but it is not and I shall try to explain.

I have not done an awful lot of online flying but all organisations that I have been involved with provide people with downloads of models so that they can see other aircraft in game. There is no other way of doing this. It is the only way of ensuring that all users see the same thing.

The other issue is that the models may or may not be suitable for online flying do to moveable parts and xml animations. The only way to tell whether a model is suitable is for yourself and a friend to test it out in a peer to peer enviroment.
If a model is deemed suitable then it is a candidate BUT we then need to see who made the model, on a case by case basis.

You see that several of our models are collaborations between more than one person, so all parties need to give their consent. Several modellers no longer work with us but they gave us permission to use their models in our packages but we do not own the right to distribute the model in any other way neither do we have the right to allow others to distribute them if the modeller is no longer involved in the hobby.

I hope this makes it clearer. We can see if we can help you obtain individual permissions but we can't give anybody global permission to make available all models.
Steve
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Adding to what my esteemed colleagues hav said: we are in direct contact with the IVAO MTL library staff and have already provided assistance for many models to be added. If you want any particular models to be added to the library, I suggest to contact the IVAO staff. They have our number. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk