The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Lost Addons

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
Philco3

Lost Addons

Post by Philco3 »

Hi,
I wonder if some kind person would help me with a problem I have got.
When I install addon scenery into FS9, I used to install it into my addon scenery folder then start fs9 go into scenery library then into add area, find my scenery press OK and it used to show up in scenery Area priority, if I was happy with the priority I would press ok and the airport would stay in that priority.
What I am getting now is when I press OK the scenery disappears, and it tells me that it is in scenery area 1248 my scenery area list only goes up to 1085, I just can't find the lost scenery.
I would be very grateful if some one could help me.

Kind regards,

Phil J. :(
edhave
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: Lost Addons

Post by edhave »

Hi Phil,

2 things I would check:

Is the scenery present in "scenery.cfg" ?
Is the order of [Area.xxx] entries in the "scenery.cfg" file still in sequence ?

Ed
Philco3

Post by Philco3 »

Hi Ed,
If I put my scenery in position two in the priority area and press "OK" my new scenery will disappear and what every scenery was in that position will stay.
My new scenery is still present in the addon scenery, but If I go and try to disable the scenery I get a message saying error in scenery 1248.
I installed an airport the other day every thing went according to plan but when I pressed the "ok" key it disappeared, so I reinstalled the airport that one disappeared so I went into my addon scenery folder and deleted the airport but it would not let me, saying error in scenery area 1248 and 1249, but they do not show up in the scenery library priority list.
I have got 1085 airports and airfields installed and never any thing like this.
Thank you Ed for helping me,
Many thanks,

Phil J.
edhave
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by edhave »

Did you check the scenery.cfg file with a text editor "notepad" to verify that the [Area.xxx] entries are in ascending order
I think the order is messed up somehow
Philco3

Post by Philco3 »

Hi Ed,
I am sorry but I have had a small stroke, which has affected my memory and I can't remember how to get into the scenery cfg with a text editor notepad.
I forgot to mention even though I can't see the scenery I installed in the scenery area priority list, if I go into F/S select the airport I have just installed the new airport will show up which is great, but what folder is it being stored in if I need to edit it.

Sorry for being a pain but sometimes my head is just a blank.

Many thanks,

Phil J.
Philco3

Post by Philco3 »

Sorry all,
I am now getting a new message: scenery cfg file error invalid remote scenery path in scenery area 000.
I think most of my problem is I just can't remember what or where to find the scenery cfg file.

Kind regards,

Phil J.
Jive1
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Jive1 »

Hey!
Do you have and use FSNav?
Maybe you van rty with that addon program to set all sceneries in the right priority, that is much more easier and clearer as well ( after having installed FSNav first, and loaded the many sceneries that you have already in your list )....
Jive1 - Belgium
Windows 10 Home NLD 64bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz 1600
NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 1024MB 1920 x 1080 NVIDIA High Definition Audio
C:\ NTFS 120,12GB 95,81GB 8 170MB
Redbull AV and Redbull Firewall
Philco3

Post by Philco3 »

Hi Jive1,
No I don't have fsNav, where would I get it from.

Many thanks,
Phil J.
Jive1
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by Jive1 »

Windows 10 Home NLD 64bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz 1600
NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 1024MB 1920 x 1080 NVIDIA High Definition Audio
C:\ NTFS 120,12GB 95,81GB 8 170MB
Redbull AV and Redbull Firewall
Philco3

Post by Philco3 »

Many thanks
edhave
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by edhave »

Philco3 wrote:Sorry all,
I am now getting a new message: scenery cfg file error invalid remote scenery path in scenery area 000.
I think most of my problem is I just can't remember what or where to find the scenery cfg file.

Kind regards,

Phil J.

Hi Phil,

Any luck with your FS9 setup ?

You can find the scenery,cfg file in your Flight Simulator 9 directory, just scroll down till you see it.
Open it with right click and select open with ... and the you select notepad or any other program you like to use.

Ed
Philco3

Post by Philco3 »

Thank you Ed.
Phil J