The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Older flyable planes and Windows 7

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Older flyable planes and Windows 7

Post by Joseph29 »

I have a couple of older flyable planes that I have not installed on my Windows 7 computer. One specific one is the Aerosoft Seahawk/Jayhawk. I have had this helicopter for a long time and I want to install it again but I can't find my password for it (I don't remember where I bought it from). If I buy this helicopter again will it install on my Windows 7 computer?

I am a little weary about buying it again because I have had no luck installing the Captain Sim C-130 on my Windows 7 computerand I don't want to waste my money on another Seahawk/Jayhawk copy if it will not install.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Older flyable planes and Windows 7

Post by Victory103 »

You are installing as "Admin" correct? Have both FSX versions of these models in my Win7 and no issues. On the Hawks, I would check on the Aerosoft site, there are only a few distributors that carry their products, should be able to narrow it down.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Yes I am the admin of this computer. For the Herc I get a error message when I try to install it (I use FS9). I forget what the error message was because this was like two months ago. All Captain Sim told me was the Herc was a Windows XP plane.

For Aerosoft, do you have the Seahawk/Jayhawk installed on Windows 7?
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I do, but this is for FSX. When I bought this new laptop it came with 7, but I purchased it to run FSX, so never installed FS9.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Well I got my activation code from Aerosoft, but unfortunately it don't seem to work with Windows 7. After I put in my activation code and click install I get a error and it asks me for my code again.