The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

flight planning fsx.

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
kenlivia
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

flight planning fsx.

Post by kenlivia »

Hello Sirs,
Been trying to place a in air gas stn to loiter and fly around grid squares, instead of simply planning a A to B ai tanker flight. The placing of co-ords into the flight plan doesn't seem to work ? but i am sure that it must be possible. Would some kindly experienced scribe tell me how its done please. Many thanks.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: flight planning fsx.

Post by Firebird »

I will be honest and say that I don't know specifically about FSX but in FS9 you have issues.
Firstly, you can't have co-ords you can only have airfields, real or virtual (waypoints).
Secondly, aircraft will always approach the airfields and lower their gear. So even if you put a waypoint at FL200, and manage to have the runway invisible, the aircraft will slow with gear and flaps out and approach.
Finally, there is a built in limit of a height difference that is acceptable between two airfields, and that difference is quite small. If you planned for a flight to take off and fly to a waypoint at altitude then the aircraft would just disappear on approach at its final destination.

In short, the only way we have been able to semi-accurately deploy a tanker is on an A to B route.
Steve
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Firebird wrote:In short, the only way we have been able to semi-accurately deploy a tanker is on an A to B route.

If he wanted to get complex, he could have multiple flight plans calling the same aircraft and staggered in time.. flying 180 degrees opposite each other so it appeared that the tanker was flying legs on a really long route. Have one go A->B, disappear, reappear a few minutes later going B->A, rinse repeat.
kenlivia
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by kenlivia »

Thank you, I already have 2 kc,s aloft flying triangles with both in opposing directions and times- but- not so perfect and hard to find when requiring gas. Must be a way to loiter a kc- will keep looking. and pass on any info found. thanks again.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

In a perfect world MS would have programmed a lot of Mil aircraft behaviour into its AI engine but we have to accept that it was designed as a Civvie sim so things like run and breaks, formation take-offs and CAPs were probably never going to be a part of it.

To be honest when they didn't allow AI aircraft to fly from beacon to beacon you knew it wasn't going to be as realistic as we would like.
Steve
kenlivia
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by kenlivia »

Thanks Steve Sir,
Guess i must get into this script writing stuff and learn some more, however, for those who are also wasting time and fuel locating any kc,s, maybe this is just one answer. My friend and at times mentor, Herr D. Loleit , designed a panel radar for this, the ARSE4 is variable and sees up to 40 clicks. This gauge was designed to affix into any Fsx traffic-SP1 /SP2, will accommodate any fast jet, or in my case, something flyable of substance. Just click the screen and the panel comes up, fully operable and stand alone radar for finding a distant kc , other aircraft or shipping. The gauge comes in a package intended for carrier ops.
From Flightsim.com - mecops scenery- mecops.zip. Simply use the ARSE4 Radar once the package has been downloaded.