The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AI stuttering on taxi

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
col1948
Major
Major
Version: FS9

AI stuttering on taxi

Post by col1948 »

I've had this problem for a good few weeks now and it is annoying.
I've noticed most of my AI aircraft after getting clearance just stay on the bay or turn slightly then stop, if I press the 'Y' key they sometimes turn and move off, once moving I press the 'Y' again and leave them to it and some are OK but some need another prod, they stop again.
At first I thought it was that particular aircraft but others do it too, then I thought it was the AFCAD but it happens on stock and add on airfields.
Some move off then almost stop then move again slightly then stop and so on, if I change the sim rate to 2x they taxi OK but I have to watch till they start to take off to put the sim back to normal, I've been putting up with it as I say for weeks now but I would like to get it sorted, I just wondered if anyone else has had this or can suggest something I can try.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: AI stuttering on taxi

Post by clickclickdoh »

If using the Y key causes them to move again, then the AI thinks a user aircraft is blocking it's movement path. Y enters slew mode which removes the user aircraft from being considered by AI traffic, hence it begins to taxi again. What ever you are using to view AI seems to be causing them to think that there is something blocking the taxi paths.
col1948
Major
Major

Post by col1948 »

I used Traffic View Board and Traffic Toolbox, I thought that at one stage and just used one or the other but it still happens, I tried zooming back but I'm not sure that does anything, is there a setting to make the AI think I'm further away?

Just to add, I never used to have this problem and as far as I know I haven't changed anything.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

As an experiment, don't use view board or traffic toolbox and just cycle through the AI using the external view and crtl+w and ctrl+shift+w. If there is still the start and stop motion then, something else is wrong.
col1948
Major
Major

Post by col1948 »

Yes that worked, I was able to see and follow the AI taxi and take off and I'm still following in flight, so what do you think the problem is?
col1948
Major
Major

Post by col1948 »

Something else came to mind though this might not be related, when I do start TVB I get half the screen like the screenshot I posted, I even deleted it from the sim and downloaded a fresh one and it still comes up like this, any ideas?
Attachments
TVB screen.jpg
col1948
Major
Major

Post by col1948 »

OK I realised why this view is happening, it is in 'Cockpit' view so I changed it to 'Spot' but still got the problem of the AC sticking, I'm experimenting using the CTRL+W at the moment.