The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Steam login problem

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
col1948
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Steam login problem

Post by col1948 »

I bought another game (not flight sim sorry), but I didn't realise it was through the Steam network or whatever it is.

I put the disk in, then I get a popup saying 'Updating Steam' which lasts a good few seconds.
Entered my email and a user name etc, then it told me I already had an account and did I was to use it, so in my error I said yes.
This account by the way was from years ago when I first bought FSX and Ship sim.
They sent me a new activation code and my old user name, so I tried to log in with that... No.
I got the message asking me to input the letters in the robot box, I did this and got the login screen again, logged in and got the robot box again.
This went on few a while, somehow I got a box asking for the steam code they sent me, I input that and then got a popup screen in another language which I hadn't clue what it was.
So this scenario went round in circles for nearly an hour, I then took a deep breath and deleted the steam off the PC and re-installed it again, this time started a new account, it did ask if I wanted the old account but I said no and start a new one.
This time all went well and I got the install game option, did than and now I'm set to go, what a load of rubbish just to play a game.
Thinking back I think this is why I got rid of the other games through steam, I have FSX again but its not through steam plus it is still in it's box, I play FS9.