The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Skysim Bae Hawk

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Skysim Bae Hawk

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Anyone know how I can get this bird?

Skysim seems to be defunct and I've been back and forward on the net with no success.

Thanks
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Skysim Bae Hawk

Post by jimrodger »

Check your PMs

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by Tranquil »

Just Flight have recently released their Hawk T1 http://www.justflight.com/product/hawk- ... ed-trainer

Rick made an excellent 100/T2 as well, unfortunately he never released it but there are a few of us who where lucky enough to be given it! its a super model!

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Missed the Skysim model, but got the JF Hawk for FSX. I remember the old DSB/Iris Hawks in FS9 as well.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

It's a shame about the Skysim model, Rick Piper always did superb realistic models.

Will save up me pocket money for the JF Hawk. Thanks everyone.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

I'd recommend keeping away from the JF Hawk at the moment. It has some serious bugs that makes it just about unflyable.
I brought it on day 1, along with the livery packs and ..

1. Instructions did not say how to start engines, led to searching posts to find out.
2. The .air file has some serious faults, pitch and roll are wayyyyy too sensitive.
3. Problems with the Hydraulics. When flying one of the hyd will fail. Leading to loss of control.

But it is a lovely looking model I must say. Better than the DCS Hawk (what is a pig imho)
Just go to the JF Forums to see the rants!

SKYSIM is a far better option at the moment, just a shame its not for sale.

JF did say nearly two weeks ago that there would be an update!
Barry
david.harwood
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by david.harwood »

As with btaylo24 I bought the JF Hawk day one. Finally got in the air a couple of days ago but the air file makes it impossible to fly for any time without losing patience with constantly trying to trim the thing out. Tried to land which I achieved although it wasn't pretty. Hopped into my Skysim Hawk just to see it was me and spent nearly 2 hours flying the Mack Loop out of the new RAF Valley scenery. I'm sure JF will get there as they did with the GR-1 but it takes time and they already have your money! I'm a lucky one as due to install issues with the CD version of the Skysim hawk I have an original copy now with all the textures. its well and truly backed up as well just in case. Also, does anyone know if you can get Skysim's Vixen? I know John's excellent AI model has been made flyable with a borrowed VC but I'd love to get the Skysim version!
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Thanks guys - I'll spend my pocket money on sweeties instead. :smt005
Stew

Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

Victory103 wrote:I remember the old DSB/Iris Hawks in FS9 as well.
I still fly the Iris Hawk even though i have Ricks Hawk T1, its the one ive done the most repaints on probably over 100 schemes for the whole Family of Hawks! Rick got messed about to much from Skysim and never saw a penny of the profits, i think it dampened his love for developing hence why he never finished the Hawk T2/100!

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by DaleRFU »

The initial release of the JF Hawk wasn't great due to the FDE however it is improving a lot and is much better now (still testing). You will certainly notice the difference so please don't lose faith with it, will be worth it once everything is ironed out

:smt006
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy