The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

FlightRadar24

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
col1948
Major
Major
Version: FS9

FlightRadar24

Post by col1948 »

Anybody use this program? I recently got switched on to it, for those who don't know you get a world map so you pick where you want to view.
Then zoom in to that area, you will see little aircraft icons moving on the screen, they are live, click on one and the details will show at the side, giving dep-arr airport, height, speed, reg, ac type etc.
Then you can see the track it is taking, but there is a bonus, if you click on the 3D you will get a similar screen shot to following and AC in flightsim, plus the terrain is real, so flying to your local airport is more interesting.

The screenshot I posted the details are in the side panel.
Attachments
Flightradar24 screen3.jpg
buzzbee1973
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: FlightRadar24

Post by buzzbee1973 »

I use it to see when my work is coming. The landing times are accurate then the times from the airport screens.
Regards

Marcus
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Have it a long time on my phone. The radar map on The Owls Nest is using their service. Great tool.

From mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Lesso »

If you are only interested in military traffic, try this site.
https://www.adsbexchange.com/
Click on currently tracking.
Then go to menu.
Select options, filters, scroll down to military, enable filters and add filter.
You should see all mil with a transponder.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Awesome!!!
8)
Thanks a lot!

Giorgio
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Thanks, great resource!

From mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Had it on my Ipad for a while now, it's pretty slick!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Lesso wrote:If you are only interested in military traffic, try this site.
https://www.adsbexchange.com/
Click on currently tracking.
Then go to menu.
Select options, filters, scroll down to military, enable filters and add filter.
You should see all mil with a transponder.
Awesome thanks! Does this site have a live tracking map by chance??
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Wonder how long adsbexchange wil able to track mil flights. I use a combo of FR24 and Flightware for stateside tracking.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

I contribute to 360 radar which is great for UK based flights and doesn't block mil flights and never will.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Related, over on SOH there is a thread about LorbyLive Traffic, a beta program that takes FR24 data and allows your AI to follow along the real world data hits.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I love adsbexchange.com. When I'm working away at my PC and I hear a distinctive aircraft sound outside the window, I can just click an icon on my desktop to bring up the flight screen and usually identify the aircraft. I tracked a Chinook the other day from my house for about 50 miles. It was probably routing from Wattisham to Odiham, but I lost it just before the destination.

The same thing happened with a Tornado GR4 out of Marham. I followed it for about 45 minutes up into the Lake District before losing it. Does the track drop out because of low altitude of the aircraft or because it goes out of range of a receiver? That's the annoying side of the program.

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

It's due to several factors but the common one is lack of coverage in the area. If no one is feeding data to the server then a black hole happens so the aircraft vanishes. I feed to 360 radar and my coverage has a weak spot to the West but because of my location I cover south up to the Channel Islands, north as far as Luton, and East to Brighton. This will change next year when I install a new antenna on my roof.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
col1948
Major
Major

Post by col1948 »

I wish we could get ATC via the PC, I've seen the odd cam site where they play the tower but most times I think it is a recording.
Yeas ago I had a couple of radios, one a scanner and the other I picked up aircraft crossing the Atlantic using a short wave radio that had lower and upper side band, this entailed a variety of aerials to be installed.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Try this website for HF http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901
John

col1948
Major
Major

Post by col1948 »

@VulcanDriver,

John, why did you post that link, I've been playing on it for hours mate, if you know of any more like that please post, I tried to cheat the program and type in a higher frequency but it defaulted back lol.
Lots of RTTY/Morse on there, I remember there used to be a decoder you could attach to the radio and it decrypted the Morse in to words on a little screen, probably more sophisticated now.