The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Wilco Tilt Rotor

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
col1948
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Wilco Tilt Rotor

Post by col1948 »

I know this isn't a military aircraft but if anyone can help I would appreciate it.
I want it to fly as an AI type, I have it flying no problem but one thing annoys me, the propellers are partly submerged in the ground when taxiing, obviously in flight it's no problem.
I was in another forum a while ago and someone there said the props are connected to the flaps, so by altering the flaps angle will raise the props.
I tried various settings in the aircraft.cfg but nothing seemed to happen, I tried to change the size of them but I think they are coded in the model because that would do as well.

I tried to see if any of the Osprey settings would work but again no luck, I will post the cfg and see if anyone can spot anything that might work.
Last edited by col1948 on 14 Jan 2017, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Wilco Tilt Rotor

Post by John Young »

The rotor tilt in the Wilco model is obviously pilot controlled. The AI Osprey tilt is coded into the model and uses a number of xml triggers that tells the AI engine what to do and when to do it - speed being one of them. It might be that the Wilco mechanism is more complex than just the flap settings.

Isn't that .cfg copyright to Wilco and is it appropriate to publish it here?

John
col1948
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: Wilco Tilt Rotor

Post by col1948 »

Ooops! Sorry John I never thought about the copyright, I deleted it.

I've seen some military repaints for the Tilt Rotor but wanted to try and get it going as an ai first, I'll keep tinkering with it, I may hit on something, thanks for the heads up mate.

Col.