The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Splash Screen Template

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Splash Screen Template

Post by KevinJarvis »

Would someone be so kind as to point me to where I can get the FS2004 splash screen temp so I can make my own...??

I've searched hi and low, probably not low enuf...I guess I'm just not using the correct search criteria.

Thanks,
KJ
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Thanks Rip,
I did see these earlier, but I only wanted the .psd file, or whatever file extension...that has the background and words on it.

It looks like I'm going to have to download a program to make them for me.

Thanks for the link.

KJ
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

This file found on Avsim, Splash Screen Randomizer v1.2, fsssr12.zip by Geoffrey Schreiber, contains a photoshop templet for FS9 and a small how to tutorial as well. The program itself is excellent and I use it. I've added a number of splashscreens culled from screenshots from MAIW forums etc, with great success!

Ron
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Awe crap. I tried attaching it as a zip file to this post but it's about 30KB too big.

Look over at NoNodes, aka Flightsim.com. I know I've seen it over there.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

NoNodes.... :lol:

Now thats funny, I don't care who you are....

KJ
AndyG
Cadet
Cadet

Post by AndyG »

ronniegj wrote:This file found on Avsim, Splash Screen Randomizer v1.2, fsssr12.zip by Geoffrey Schreiber, contains a photoshop templet for FS9 and a small how to tutorial as well. The program itself is excellent and I use it. I've added a number of splashscreens culled from screenshots from MAIW forums etc, with great success!

Ron
The latest version is over on Flightsim.com (I usually manage to get a node :wink: ), search for "ssr25.zip".

AndyG
wilycoyote4
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by wilycoyote4 »

Just found this at Flightsim and I copy the text and paste it here below. I'll give it a try as I have PSP 7. Hope this helps.

Name: ss2004v3.zip Size: 1,574,125 Date: 12-01-2004 Downloads: 1062
FS2004 Splash Screen Template. Four hi-res templates for making splash screens using older versions of Paint Shop Pro. These files are compatible with versions 5.0 through 8.0. They have smoother lines and a much sharper overall look than any of the older templates. Also includes instructions for creating splash screens. By Robert Hedgelon.

Also for Paint Shop Pro 9

Name: ss2004v2.zip Size: 796,838 Date: 12-01-2004 Downloads: 428
FS2004 Splash Screen Template. A hi-res template for making splash screens using Paint Shop Pro 9. It has smoother lines and a much sharper overall look than any of the older templates. Also includes instructions for creating splash screens. By Robert Hedgelon.

And for Photoshop 6.0

Name: ss2004v1.zip Size: 745,714 Date: 12-01-2004 Downloads: 775
FS2004 Splash Screen Template. A hi-res template for making splash screens using Adobe Photoshop 6.0. It has smoother lines and a much sharper overall look than any of the older templates. Also includes instructions for creating splash screens. By Robert Hedgelon.

================================================
For FSX

Name: dgltmplt.zip Size: 620,014 Date: 07-03-2007 Downloads: 329
FSX Splash Screens Template. A template made from the original FSX splash screen. Just drop this onto a picture you like and you can turn it into a very nice looking splash screen. Also includes a bglsplash; is the one shown as the thumbnail. By John Ring.

Name: fsxsp03.zip Size: 1,642,606 Date: 12-23-2006 Downloads: 709
FSX Splash Screen Templates. These are templates that allow you to create your own splash screens to be displayed when FSX starts. There are both gold and silver templates that are compatible with Adobe Photoshop 6 and Corel Paint Shop Pro 8. The original splash screen that Microsoft included with FSX used a black font for the lettering, so this also includes templates that contain gold and silver fonts for the titling to give the splash screen a more colorful appearance. By Bob Hedgelon.
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Also, look for SplashScreenChanger.zip by Christopher Trew. It has a copy of the original fs9 splash screen as a bmp in case you accidentally overwrite the file and want it back, however, does not have a templet to create new ones.

Ron
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Thanks for all the help.
KJ
wilycoyote4
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by wilycoyote4 »

splashspinnerv1.zip at avsim is a randomizer for FSX.