The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MAIW, Matrix and MSFS?

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
jlunddk
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

MAIW, Matrix and MSFS?

Post by jlunddk »

Sorry, I rarely fly in P3D anymore, and therefor I'm almost never installing new military AI aircrafts and doesn't read these forums, so my apologies if this question has been asked and answered.
Can you say already now, if Matrix and MAIW AI will be updated to MSFS?
I've never seen anything like MSFS before, and the only thing missing will be military AI, so I hope we'll be able to have them in the sim.

Sincerely

JLund
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: MAIW, Matrix and MSFS?

Post by Greg »

Hi JLund,

It's hard to tell at this moment, since none of us are involved in the development of MSFS. One of our scenery developers has access to the alpha but is under NDA. I have contacted the development team but it doesn't look like they are currently involving freeware devs in their third party programme (I really hope that changes soon). From those that have access to the SDK, I have heard that the section about AI traffic is currently empty.

I think all of us can agree that MSFS looks like the future of flight simming. The release of P3Dv5 this week only confirms this. But what we can't tell is if it's also the future for our little AI traffic community. I really hope it is, so that we can finally end this silly platform trinity and focus all our resources. Everything will depend on the amount of backward compatibilty with FSX style traffic in MSFS.
jlunddk
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: MAIW, Matrix and MSFS?

Post by jlunddk »

I have high hopes that it will be possible to use FSX AI in MSFS through the Legacy mode as they call it.As I understand it, the legacy mode is made to make it easier for some backward compability with FSX (P3D). I understand why they concentrate on payware developers to be able to have addons ready at release, but I'm sure they won't forget the Freeware developers. Not only MAIW, but also ie. Henrik Nielsens Ships will make it a "real" living world, so fingers crossed

"The release of P3Dv5 this week only confirms this" You're absolutely right, I see P3Dv5 (which I most certaintly NOT will buy) as the last attempt for LM to make some extra money, before MSFS is out. I have only heard negative talk about it untill now, and honestly it should have been called P3Dv4.6 and be a free update, as there's nothing new and revolutinary in it, that makes it worth the pay.