The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

CFB Trenton Canada Missing Buildings

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
hrnet940
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

CFB Trenton Canada Missing Buildings

Post by hrnet940 »

I have been trying to load the CFB Trenton airport from Desmond Burrell and I have parking spots, but no buildings. I have attached a screen capture to show what I see at paring spot 20. I have Orbx installed and allow Vector to adjust the elevation after every scenery change. As you can see, my runway is only showing parts of the asphalt. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I live here in Trenton, Ontario and would like to see this as I do every day.

It won't allow me to attach the picture, it is only 554kb and the max is 2Mb.

Wayne Wilson
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: CFB Trenton Canada Missing Buildings

Post by Firebird »

I think that the inability to load a pic is due to you having posted so few times.

Now in a broad sense of FS scenery, if the runway is visible in places and not in others then normally the cause is that the ground is not level for the runway.
Now this may not be the case here but from what you describe it fits. The answer in earlier FS versions was to place an apron or taxiway under the runway. These two items raise the ground up to the level of the scenery. So the runway then sits nicely on level ground. That might be worth a try.

Now if what you are after is something else, like a runway fitting to the contours then you can't use an FS9 afcad. You would at least need to load it and save it as a P3D afcad in a third party tool. Even then whether or not this would alter the make up of the runway I do not know.

Can you confirm whther you are trying to use the standard FS9 afcad or the P3D conversion of it available in the Matrix.
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

I've found this to be an issue in P3Dv5, where the default airfield background may well undulate above and below whatever the field elevation is quoted as. I was playing with updating McEntire, and found I had to raise my airfield by about 5ft to clear the underlying default polygon. The previously established technique of creating a background exclusion in ADE didn't work.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Does the old technique of placing an unconnected taxiway under the runway help or does it make it worse?
Steve
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Didn't seem to make any difference, Steve. But I did that before I raised the whole field. It still undulates, which can hide part of some taxiway signs. What I might try is compiling it for v4, which should force the flat field. I'm heavily involved in real-world building atm, so I won't be feeding back quickly, I'm afraid!
hrnet940
Cadet
Cadet

Post by hrnet940 »

Thanks for the great suggestions guys and the possible remedies. Still wondering why I have no buildings at the field? They are not even there when I uncheck my Add-on scenery and go with the default airport. Very strange. Sounds like I am missing scenery and/or texture files to place these where they should be.

Thanks,
Wayne
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Wayne,
On the buildings front it could be a number of things.
For example are you using the scenery straight from the original package, or are you using the Matrix? The simple truth is that whilst you may well be OK with scenery in FSX from the package it will not work in P3D.

So in essence you seem to be saying that you are using the scenery straight from the package, is this true?
Steve