The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AFCAD v AFX excludes

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

AFCAD v AFX excludes

Post by Garysb »

I have just notice a possible fault that we could have
If you produce an afcad with AFX and use the built in exclude mode to remove buildings etc and then open it with normal afcad it would apear to remove the exclude areas when resaving it in FS9

anybody else noticed this anomily?

I haven't figured out yet if it just by opening the file in afcad or if you resave it but it could have an effect if anyone down the line wants to modify one of our afcads

Cheers

Gary
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Do any of us use AFX? I have it but don't use it.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

I use it all the time. But I don't use FS9 any more, so I can't replicate your problem Gary.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

I kind of meant the package makers.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Well as a kind of consumer test, the forthcoming Exotic Alberts Latin series, features one airport (Argentina) where I have done taxi signs using AFX.

Gary, the way I have been doing things, is to use standard Afcad for everything and just use the AFX for the signs (which you do last of all)

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
NoNameVet
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by NoNameVet »

If you're using AFX (*for FSX*), why would you be resaving it for FS9?
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Post by Stewart Pearson »

NoNameVet wrote:If you're using AFX (*for FSX*), why would you be resaving it for FS9?
AFX is for both FX and FS9 and I think ( as I am) Gary's been using AFX in FS9, just to explore the possibilities. On the face of it, using the interface to make excludes does appear to be a good thing. However as Gary has found if you do use that part, you're then tied to using AFX only on that particular bgl as the older afcad tool just deletes the exclude commands.

Best bet is to use Excludebuilder mate

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
NoNameVet
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by NoNameVet »

well considering AFX is simply an AFCAD2 "rehash", I don't see what all the fuss is about. There are freeware tools that do tremendous work for FSX, and the Original AFCAD works wonders for FS9. I don't think there should be any overlap between the sims - otherwise you're playing in an impure environment.